Deciding on a career has been a challenge. My first career interest was to be a physical therapist. As a child I would look at my mother-nursing textbook was intrigued by the muscular and skeletal systems The most intriguing part was how muscles, tendons, and ligaments all work to attach themselves to our skeletal system to create motion. My second career interesteas in mass communications. After only one semester I realized that I had no real desire to pursue a career in this field. The around the same time I was offered a promotion as the evening manager at my part-time job. I quickly change my major to business administration In hopes of becoming a hotel G. M. and completed my associates degree in business administration, but found that Hospitality industry was not a suitable career choice. All this time I was overlooking the one interest that had been present from the beginning. My career interest is information technology, specifically Network administration.
At the age of 10 I had a huge interest and computers. I can remember getting my first computer. It was an Apple IIc. There was a game that I enjoyed playing on it, Wheel of Fortune, and one day as I went to insert the floppy disk and there was something preventing the computer from accepting the disk. I retrieved a screwdriver and proceeded to dismantle the computer. My mother walked in on me and was very up set about seeing the computer and it parts scattered about the floor. I assured her that I would have everything back together in no time. She stood over me and watched as I continued to look for the problem. I spotted the problem corrected it and put everything back together. From this point on I had more of an interest on how this machine works...
... middle of paper ...
...ters up to my high-speed internet connection. I have also net worked all three of my computers to print wirelessly to a central printer. I want to be apart of making sure that these networks weather big or small are setup and maintained properly.
Information technology is a field that I am definitely interested in pursuing as a career. It is something that I have always had an interest in, but for one reason or another never considered it as a career interest. Until setting up the office network with my uncle. Once I complete school, I want to start an IT consulting firm with two other family members. One is already a network administrator and the other has a degree in marketing. Our dreams are to provide support for everyone from large companies to homes. My career interest lies very much in network administration. Now the next task is to complete my degree in BSIT.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I like to write. As a matter of fact, I love to write. I have kept a diary since I was twelve, written and submitted articles to local magazines (none of which have ever been published), even written a book that I plan to publish electronically one of these days. You would think that with writing being such an important part of my life, I would be pursuing a degree in English and a professional writing career. Yet, with the advice of my family and peers and in the interest of financial security, I have chosen to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Accounting.... [tags: salary, education, success]
626 words (1.8 pages)
- Some of my earliest memories are when I am being told not to ask so many questions. I wasn’t curious about why there were clouds or what made rainbows. I wanted to know why people portrayed certain behaviors. What made one person behave differently from another. Why was one family able to cope with so much turmoil in their lives but another family crumbled. I would ask all sorts of questions. This behavior became so prevalent in me that people would say, “Oh no here comes her 50 questions.” My interest in personalities increased as I grew older.... [tags: military, education, sociology]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- Admissions Essay - An Internship and My Interest in Medicine How does a hospital run without adequate water to develop X-ray films. What are the signs and symptoms of malaria. What is the most common cause of infant mortality worldwide. These are all questions to which I learned answers during my six-week clerkship in rural South Africa. That a well-rounded education is the mark of a true scholar is a belief I acquired from my high-school education, and in that spirit I flew off to try and understand some of the important issues in the changing South African health care system.... [tags: Medicine College Admissions Essays]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- 1st Reflection: The decision to study (or work in) psychology/ behavioural science Reporting: I decided to study psychology/ behavioural science after I took a year off school. In the year off I worked as a Snowboard Instructor. You have to work in close relationship with customers. I realised that while I thoroughly enjoyed working, I was at ease to connect and build a trusting relationship as a teacher with the student. So I decided to study something I had already shown interest in over the years and at the same time had a talent for.... [tags: decisions, skills, personal statement]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- When a patient walks in to visit the pharmacy they are making a decision about their health care. Patient’s health care decisions should not be limited to choosing their doctor or pharmacy, but should be extended to deciding how that doctor and pharmacist works with them to achieve their personal health goals. Pursuing a career in health care requires a commitment to a long-term formal education, a great deal of debt and a lifelong commitment to continuing education. After completing school a pharmacist has a well-developed set of tools for dealing with patient populations to help them manage their health care.... [tags: Health Care]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Is it just me or are decisions not what they used to be. I have recently had to make many tough decisions that will impact my future in a significant way. These decisions range from choosing a major, to actually deciding I want my profession to be. I am making these decisions in small but consistent strides; I went from being a student of the Center for Major Exploration to being almost ready to declare my major. A dashed decision would not do much good because it is essential for me to major in something that will give me the edge required for one to be successful in my chosen vocation.... [tags: Education, Marketing]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Do you think that personality tests are valid and useful in determining your career. Often disputed, the usefulness of these personality tests are needed as evidence to guide individuals in deciding their career. Having knowledge of your personality type, gives insight on what field of work you would most likely enjoy or feel comfortable in doing. There are various reasons why personality tests are greatly beneficial and these key aspects will be specified and analyzed. There are multiple purposes for personality testing and the results of the test helps someone learn about their type of personality, how to understand the actions of others, and appropriate career choices and jobs.... [tags: Adolescence, Psychology]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- As I’m sitting at home on my bed trying to get all of my school work done on time for classes, I think of all the other things I could be doing or if I should even do it at all. I always end up playing with my puppy, searching the tv for something to watch, or go on social networks and put my homework aside to do later so I can think of ideas. Deciding on whether to even do it or not ends up with me wondering what would I do without a college education and how I need one to be able to pursue the career I want.... [tags: psychology, experience, classes]
695 words (2 pages)
- Big, brightly colored images swarm cities plastered on tall billboards and city buses. Beautiful women with persuasive images fill the magazine stands. When the remote control presses power, hundreds of commercial ads are registered into our minds. We see these images daily, but how many times have we stopped and pondered how and who created them. Mark Twain stated, “ Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising,” (Princeton Review.) This growing industry is responsible for informing, persuading, and reminding the public of the many products and services our society has to offer.... [tags: Deciding on a Career ]
2258 words (6.5 pages)
- ... David Darby, a physical therapist in San Antonio, a physical therapist needs to be able to work with people on a daily basis. A physical therapist does not work with a group but rather one on one with patients throughout the day, making the possibility of treatments immense. I believe that I have this personality strength to be able to work with people one on one throughout the day, rather than work in a group setting, as I work much better one on one with people. I completed the Choices Planner Interest activity from bridges.com and received the highest score in the investigative interest area.... [tags: career choices]
639 words (1.8 pages)