My educational path hasn’t been so easy, there were a lot of situations that negatively and positively affected my academic process, but two had a significant impact on my life and perspective. Money became an issue in my family for numerous years, where I moved around the Seattle area over three times throughout the course of my first year in college. SCC Student Leadership was one that provided a positive impact by giving me the ability to persevere and being resourceful with confidence. My first experience was attending Seattle Central College and being the first generation child in the family to attend college.
During my first year of college, I struggled with my family to make ends meet. At one point, I was on the brink of homelessness if it hadn’t been for the support of my family and friends. This made me focus on getting jobs to help pay for the basic necessities such as clo...
... middle of paper ...
...and find the problems affecting my family for generations. I know based on observation that education, poor infrastructure and governance, and assistance are the main causes of poverty in any family including mines.
I did not realize this until the latter years of my college career and the hardest obstacle I’ve had to overcome was being able to balance work, school, and extracurricular activities and with the help of my colleagues, I was able to achieve one the best grades I’ve received at SCC. Realizing this, I’ve worked really hard to get my education back on track. Being that I am a first generation American with a proper education, I am able to analyze the culture of poverty that has struck my family for generations and I know that furthering my education in the field I love, will change the cycle of poverty and begin a new generation with sustainable living.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Furthering my education by earning a Masters of Business Administration degree, will satisfy one of my personal and professional goals. The focal point will be in Information Technology. This degree will allow me to enhance my technology, leadership, money management, employee relations, and marketing skills. I will gain vital planning, organization and communication skills. The degree will also allow me to obtain additional knowledge about hardware and software technologies that will be used to enhance current processes and procedures.... [tags: Management, Project management]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- Doing the course of my life I have wanted to take several career paths over the years. When I was younger I wanted to play in the WNBA because basketball was once my life at one point. Then I wanted to become a Criminal Justice Lawyer. I would have like to be a Criminal Justice Lawyer because I always wanted to help my family. Being as though I am from New Orleans it should be no surprise a good amount of my family member has been or still incarcerated. Especially, when my cousin got arrested for a crime he didn 't commit.... [tags: Marketing, Business, Management]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- As an entering freshman at East Carolina University, I knew I wanted to be in the College of Business but I was unsure on what concentration I would like to pursue throughout my four years of study. I have been interested in business ever since I took several classes in Sports and Entertainment Marketing, and Entrepreneurship in high school and recently I have wanted to study the managerial roles of a business. In conclusion, the concentrations in the College of Business that interest me include Marketing, Management, and Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management.... [tags: marketing, management, entrepreneurship]
558 words (1.6 pages)
- The path I have taken toward obtaining my Bachelor of Science Degree in Business, Management, and Economics, with a concentration in Marketing, has been different than I expected when I first started college. I started at Brooklyn College at 17-years-old and frankly, I wasn’t ready for it. I struggled to balance an awkward schedule of classes and inconsistent study habits. I never felt completely comfortable there and after two years of performing poorly, I enrolled at Kingsborough Community College.... [tags: marketing, business]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- The industry of sport and business management is one that is growing extremely rapidly. One of the most popular career paths within this industry is that of a head athletic director, especially those at division I universities. Plenty of undergraduates, and recent graduates just entering the work force do not often have a clear view on the path that they should take en route to their dream job of becoming a head AD. Gone are the days where the head coach would retire from the football field to become the head AD of his alma mater (Hardin et.... [tags: Academic degree, Master's degree, Education]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- ... The one-degree that comes up is Business Administration with a concentration in marketing. On many websites this is the one that pops up the most so I will be concentrating this paper mostly on this degree. There is actually either a bachelor’s degree or Bachelors of Science. In this case a bachelor degree seems to be best for the field that I have chosen. This lowers the amount of schools that actually offer a bachelors degree in business administration with a concentration of marketing. The schools that I found that offer this are California State University(CSU) Fullerton, CSU San Bernardino and CSU Northridge.... [tags: degree, marketing, education]
521 words (1.5 pages)
- Grant Sunahara Mr. Williams ERWC 23 September 2016 My Future Business Administration is my future, down the road I see myself working in a max business place, working as the administrator in the floor department in the company 's main complex. Working my 40 hour weeks, managing, hiring, and firing people as they come and go. All considering I support my family in the end. For me to get my college education, major, get my degree and have my learning education to be an administrator in business, maybe even be a manager, I’ll need my basic education requirements in Fresno State University.... [tags: Management, Business school, Administration]
1041 words (3 pages)
- As larger franchise continue to grow and take over the market place small businesses find them selves falling behind financially. With recession and the hard times it has created since 2008 small business continue to struggle to thrive and grow. Throughout this struggle the Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans programs have come up with a way to help the small businesses stay afloat. They help small business get access to financial assistant programs that have been create to help meet their needs including, debt, company growth, general company needs and capital.... [tags: Small Business Administration]
1414 words (4 pages)
- Marketing is a business where one is able to sell and promote a product or service that appeals to consumers. Without consumers, there is no market. Being competent in marketing includes being able to reach out to the customers, mentally and physically, taking their interests into full consideration and fulfilling their needs. As long as they are satisfied, customers will be loyal; business is still being made. Within the marketing process, there are four important “P” components: product, price, placement, and promotion.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing research, Business]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) In July of 1953 the United States Congress amended an act called the Small Business Act. Many believed that the essence of the American economic system of private enterprise is free competition. Also, that only through full and free competition can free markets, free entry into business, and opportunities for expression and growth of personal initiative and individual judgment can be assured. Thus, the Small Business Act was amended. In order to carry out the policies of this Act there was hereby created an agency under the name "Small Business Administration".... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
1653 words (4.7 pages)