The most obvious benefit of sport is to our physical appearance and health. It strengthens muscles, improves bloodstream and respiratory system and helps to remove harmful substances from our body. Because of these factors increases stamina and therefore we are able to perform physical tasks better. Also, physique becomes more attractive to us and others: smooth and fresh skin, nice form and correct posture.
The other important side of life is our mental health and sport has a very big significance on it. Scientists have already proved that approximately after 30 minutes of active physical work organism releases serotonin and endorphin, so called hormones ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Today I want to ask you, what is the one thing that keeps us healthy, strong, entertained, attractive and happy. Probably everyone will agree that there is just one answer to this question and it is sport. However, not everybody knows how exactly it affects our inner and outer states and how our organism responds to physical strain. Thus, in this article I will try to familiarize you with sport’s benefit and effect to our life. The most obvious benefit of sport is to our physical appearance and health.... [tags: athletics, health, wellness]
535 words (1.5 pages)
- One thing almost every young child looks forward to is the activity of play. Kids love nothing more than to go outside, run around with friends, and get dirty. If children are already active at a young age, why not encourage them to continue by enrolling them in an organized youth sport program. Young people will gain many positive experiences by participating in organized physical activities, but none as important and influential as the social skills, physical skills, and mental skills developed and nurtured during their time in youth sport.... [tags: Fitness ]
2215 words (6.3 pages)
- Product Customer needs Customers wants Customer expectations Goods: goods is in tangible which is people are feel and touch it. I have choose BMW sports bike because of its very famous in New eland people like too much Customer needs is basic thing which is important for the people survive in the worlds every people have different needs I have choose BMW sport bike people need vehicle move one place to other Everyone have some personal likes they want something which is they like most. Every personal have different nation cultural belief they want anything according our own cultural belief.... [tags: Customer service, Marketing, Customer, BMW]
1771 words (5.1 pages)
- ... Durant, this year’s NBA regular season MVP, had good performance; however, his teammates, especially the other starting line-ups, were completely out of shape. Things are the same for the youth who play soccer or basketball. We can easily find relatively outstanding players in an amateur team, but if these one or two excellent players keep playing in their own way, keep dribbling and never pass the ball, we would expect the team to lose. Therefore, in order to win the game, each member of a sport team must learn the importance of team working and cooperation with other players.... [tags: socialization, getting fit, friends]
645 words (1.8 pages)
- The academic benefits of high school sport/athletics and intramural sport has been widely debated and research over the years. As many school districts face pressure to increase standardized testing scores it often raises the argument that participation in school sport, athletics and intramural activity takes away from the pursuit of academic excellence. Additionally, districts are often facing fiscal restraints that force districts to look for easy cuts to help the yearly budget, often time’s sports and extracurricular activities are the first to be cut.... [tags: High school, Extracurricular activity, College]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- TEAM SPORT ASSIGMENT There are both benefits and disadvantages of being a part of a team sport. For this assignment, I have listed the pros and cons below, giving a brief but detailed description of each reason stated for both sides of the argument. Pros: • teaches interdependence • teaches cooperation • there's always a replacement when someone is hurt or tired • there's less pressure (people aren't always looking at you) Friendship Playing sports enables you to create friendships you otherwise might not have formed.... [tags: interdependence, cooperation, ]
1597 words (4.6 pages)
- Benefits of Basketball Over twenty-six million American children play basketball. Basketball is the most productive sport for children because it enhances health factors, improves grades in school, and develops self-image. I would recommend that all people of any age play basketball, for fun or competition. Children’s health issues are currently a major concern in our nation. Over one-third of the United States population is obese. Today’s advanced technology prevents children from being active.... [tags: High school, Obesity, Learning, Decision making]
1150 words (3.3 pages)
- The Social and Cultural Costs and Benefits of Entering a Sport Not Traditional to Your Sex/Gender Throughout time, sports have been thought of as feminine sports or masculine sports. Some sports that are thought of as feminine are gymnastics, swimming, tennis, riding, and ice-skating. These tend to be sports that emphasize beauty and grace. Men's sports tend to emphasize strength and power, like football, basketball, or bodybuilding. The social and cultural stereotypes that are placed on men and especially women in the sports world can be hard for an athlete to deal with.... [tags: sports Social Norms Sociology Essays]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Challenging The Institution of Sport and Its Values "Sport is not an expression of some biological human need," writes Michael Messner, "it is a social institution. Like other institutions, such as the economy, politics, and the family, the structure and values of sport emerge and change historically, largely as a result of struggles for power between groups of people" (8). Indeed, changing the structure of any the institution is a struggle that is not by any means easily won. The institution of sport presents a unique set of boundaries to overcome with regard to gender equality in male-dominated sports.... [tags: Film Films Movies Sports Women Essays]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- What are the benefits of being an athlete. Athletes are people that are proficient in the sport they participate in. Athletes range all the way from the school level to the professional level. Most athletes participate in a sport for their love of the game, but little do they know about the benefits it has. There are plenty of physical and mental benefits from the participation in sports. Millions of children in the United States take part in some kind of athletic program. Adults often find time to take part in their favorite sports as a result of their childhood.... [tags: Professional sports, Amateur sports, Sport]
1830 words (5.2 pages)