When milking cattle the first thing you must do is set up the parlor and all of the milking units. The bulk tank is the first thing you must set up by connecting the milk from the parlor to the milk tank. This is important or any of the milk you collect from the cattle with be wasted and drained out. After hooking up the pipe to the bulk tank, you must set up your floor pails. Floor pails are used on cows that can’t have their milk run through the machine, because the milk is either bad or is used in the pasteurizer for the calves. Floor pails are easy to set up, just put the seal in the lid and put the lid on the bucket. After you put the lid on you can connect the hoses. Once the floor pail is all set up it may be move into the parlor. The next step is to get clean towels and put them in the clean towel bin. The clean towel bin and the empty dirty towel bin may be moved into the parlor. A lot of farm put the clean bin and the dirt bin on opposite side of each other and in the same spot every time they milk. That makes it easy to remember which one is the dirt bin aft...
... middle of paper ...
...ne and begin cleaning the units. Spray down the units and the aisles in the parlor with a power washer. Make sure to remove any poop or dirt in the parlor. Once the parlor is all clean you may take apart the floor pail and dump any milk in the bucket down the drain. Spray out the bucket to make sure no clumps are remaining on the inside. Once clean the lid may be taken apart and put in the sink. The buck can be placed upside down on a hook to dry. Once everything is put away you may close the doors and turn off lights.
Milking cattle takes a lot of step first beginning setting up to parlor. Then getting the cattle to milk. When milking it is important to clean the utters off completely before hooking up the units. After milking you have to clean up the parlor before you can leave. All of these steps are important to keep the cattle healthy and few of infection.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Got milk. If you do, you are at risk of cancer, osteoporosis, calcium deficiency, diabetes, heart disease, and atherosclerosis (PCRM). You might be thinking that I have gone completely mad. Of course milk is good for health; we all grew up drinking milk. We are told by the ads, the campaigns, and the culture that milk is good for us. We learnt about the importance of drinking milk and consuming dairy products in our health education class. In fact, they are in the food pyramid. The truth is milk does harm to you body, the word “milk” isn’t as comforting as it sounds.... [tags: milk, medical,]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Got milk. Majority of parents today, truly care about their children’s health. As any kid will say, growing up there are “Got Milk?” ads everywhere. These ads are in schools, on television, in magazines; they’re everywhere. In the year 2000, Frankie Muniz was an up and coming star in the television industry, thanks to Malcolm in the Middle. The producers of the “Got Milk. ad wanted to grab people’s attention, so they decided to debut Frankie Muniz in his first milk ad. This ad is aimed at not only children, but at parents in order to get them to have their kids drink milk.... [tags: Milk, Nutrition, Drink, Got Milk?]
1332 words (3.8 pages)
- It has been brought to the public’s attention that drinking cows milk is not healthy for humans to consume. Should this product be taken off the shelves at the local grocery store. Milk is one of the most popular beverages in the United States. There are multiple advantages to the human body when milk is consumed. Milk contains nine essential nutrients, it creates bone and teeth health, and it is a large contributor to the economy in the farming communities of the United States. There are also cons to human’s intake of cow’s milk.... [tags: hypoallergenic, milk, lactose intolerance]
1710 words (4.9 pages)
- As a child you were most likely bombarded with people reminding you to drink your milk; your parents harping that milk makes you bigger and stronger or the American Dairy Farmers ever present slogan of the 1980’s, “Milk it does a body good” or the most recent “Got milk?” (Rosenburg). Contrary to the preaching about the benefits of milk and what you may have seen or heard on billboards and television commercials, the reality is that milk does your body more harm than good with the use of hormones and the adverse effects that milk has on your body.... [tags: milk, hormones, body]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Since the beginning of time, people have been drinking milk. Even today you will find a gallon of milk in almost every refrigerator in America. Milk is, and has always been, a staple of our diet. Because it contains essential proteins, carbohydrates, fats, minerals and vitamins, milk is considered one of nature's perfect foods. Unfortunately, throughout the last century milk has been subjected to many forms of modern processing practices, which deprive milk from many of its natural qualities and benefits.... [tags: Legalizing Raw Milk]
1670 words (4.8 pages)
- “Great Cheese comes from Happy Cows. Happy Cows come from California.” A statement heard and seen on multiple advertisements, from commercials, to print. It is this statement that sets in motion a lawsuit between People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and the California Milk Producers Advisory Board (CMAB). PETA is a group who fights for animal rights through public education. CMAB is a food department whose goal is to promote California milk and the use of dairy products. These two groups, state their facts backing up their sides in order to defend their actions.... [tags: Milk, Cattle, Dairy farming, Dairy]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Milk is widely consumed in Australia with the average Australian drinking 105 litres a milk every year (Dairy Australia, 2015). In many Asian countries and specifically China, milk is currently reserved for; babies, elderly and the wealthy and is not a staple food item like it is in Australia (Hubble, 2013). Benson Murray Goulburn is an Australian milk producer who is Australia’s largest exporter of milk. The business development director is considering expanding the company by entering into a joint venture with a local Chinese milk producer.... [tags: Milk, Dairy products, Dairy product, Dairy]
1964 words (5.6 pages)
- In May 2015, an outbreak of Listeria Monocytogenes spreading across four states left 10 people hospitalized, and three dead. The outbreak emerged due to a facility’s failure to manufacture and package foods under proper conditions, necessary to minimize the growth of microorganisms. Immediately prompting a recall of ice cream made in blue Bell Creameries. This essay will analyze the effects that milk has on the human body and will offer evidence that cow’s milk does not “do a body good” as the advertising world would lead a person to believe.... [tags: Milk, Dairy farming, Dairy, Cattle]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- The Harm of Milk Got Milk. Well, Austin Powers, Tracy McGrady, Serena Williams, Britney Spears, and even Elvis all do. But, do they know what they are selling in this Got Milk. Advertisements. The Got Milk. campaign was based on a milk deprivation strategy that reminded consumers how inconvenient it was to be without milk. The advertisment made milk a very popular drink because of its attractiveness not because of the nutrients and health issues. It has been believed by many that milk is needed to have a strong and healthy body, when actually milk can be extremely harmful and the nutrients needed for a good body can be found in many other sources.... [tags: Health Nutrition Milk Essays]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Harvey Milk said, “If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door.”(Aretha 83). Harvey Milk was the first gay politician that moved people’s hearts. He changed the way people thought about gay people back in the 1970’s. Defending homosexuals from criticism, he civilized them with the people. Since the background of homosexuality was harsh which affected Harvey Milk’s early life, he took the action to process of becoming civilized as an officer, and he left many legacies.... [tags: Homosexuality, politics, Milk]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Animal Welfare Concerns With Ontario Native Craig Markham
- The Municipal Bylaws Of Waterloo Ontario
- The Beliefs, Traditions, And Characteristics Of The Swinger Culture Can Run A Wide Gamut
- `` Hanging Fire `` By Audre Lorde And The Short Story
- My Interest On Public Interest Law, Nonprofit Advocacy, And Social Justice
- Descriptive Essay - Original Writing