Mathematics is mainly considered as the main branches of science. Normally all the mathematical operations like addition, division, multiplication as well as subtraction are easy to do in case of simple problems. Prepare for advanced math problems solution is simple and easy. In this session, we will see how we have to prepare for advanced math solution.
Prepare for advanced math solutions:
Example problem 1- Prepare for advanced math solutions
Calculate the equation of the line using the points (5, - 5) and (4, 1) that passes through the line.
Line passing through the points is (5, - 5) and (4, 1).
Equation of a line =?
We know that, the equation of line is y = mx + c.
m = slope, c = y-intercept.
To find the equation of line, find out the m – slope and y-intercept values.
Given points are (5,- 5) and (4, 1).
(x1, y1) is (5,- 5)
(x2, y2) is (4, 1)
Slope m = (y2 - y1)/(x2 - x1)
= (1 - (-5)) / (4 -5)
= (1 + 5) / (-1)
= 6 / (-1)
Slope m = -6
Substitute m = -6 in the equation y = mx + c.
Hence result as y = - 6x + c
To find the y-intercept, substitute any given points in the equation.
We take (x2, y2) is (4, 1) substitute in equation,
y = - 6x + c
1 = - 6 *4 + c
c = -24 -1
c = -25
y- intercept c = -25
Now substitute both the values in the equation, to get the equation of the line.
Substitute c = -25 and m = -6 in the equation as follows,
y = mx + c
y = -6x - 25
The equation of the line is y = -6x -25.
Example problem 2:
The dimension of door-frame is given as 5 × 8 meter, which is fixed on the wall of dimension 20×30 meters. Calculate the total labor charges for painting the wall. If the labor charges for painting one sq m...
... middle of paper ...
...e y = 2 in the equation 4,
10y +14z = 62 ----------- (4)
10(2) + 14z = 62
20 + 14z = 62
14z = 62 – 20
14z = 42
z = 3
Substitute z = 3 and y = 2 in the equation 1, we get,
2x + 4y + 6z = 28 ------- (1)
2x + 4(2) + 6(3) = 28
2x + 8 +18 = 28
2x = 28 – 18 – 8
2x = 2
x = 1
Hence we have solved the equations, we get the variables x = 1, y = 2 and z = 3.
Practice problems in Prepare for advanced math solutions
Practice problem 1 – Prepare for advanced math solutions
Calculate the equation of the line using the points (2, - 4) and (-3, 1) that pass through the line.
Answer: The equation of the line is y = -x -2
Practice problem 2 – Prepare for advanced math solutions
Solve the following given equation:
2x + 3y -4z = -20
-4x + 2y + 3z = 45
3x - 4y + 2z = 5
Answer: x = 5, y = 10, z = 15
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Use of a Portfolio to Assess Students in Math and Science For a young child, going off to school can be an intimidating experience. Thoughts of whether the other children will like them, if they will have enough money to buy an ice cream at lunch, or if they will have homework that night overwhelms their minds. However, a major part of schooling is testing, and many children freeze when they hear that word. Think about yourself in a testing situation then imagine what it is like for a young child to feel this defeating anxiety.... [tags: Assessing Children Math Science]
2879 words (8.2 pages)
- In 8th grade, Katie VanderEspt chose to arrive an hour earlier in order to take Advanced Geometry at the high school. Although she arrived in my high school class on the first day full of nerves, she quickly demonstrated that not only was she an outstanding mathematics student, but that she would distinguish herself in a room full of exceptional mathematics students. Upon receiving special permission as a sophomore, she took the college level class Math 174 Dual Credit Pre-Calculus through Morehead State University.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Mathematics]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- The History of Math Mathematics, study of relationships among quantities, magnitudes, and properties and of logical operations by which unknown quantities, magnitudes, and properties may be deduced. In the past, mathematics was regarded as the science of quantity, whether of magnitudes, as in geometry, or of numbers, as in arithmetic, or of the generalization of these two fields, as in algebra. Toward the middle of the 19th century, however, mathematics came to be regarded increasingly as the science of relations, or as the science that draws necessary conclusions.... [tags: Mathematics Education Logic Numbers Essays]
4777 words (13.6 pages)
- “Global warming presents the greatest test humans have yet faced. New technologies and new habits offer some promise, but only if we quickly and decisively” (McKibben, 2007). The threat of global warming has attracted much attention in the world of science. In Bill McKibben’s essay, “ Carbon’s New Math,” he focuses on the numbers behind the observation. He views global warming with a mathematical perspective, in terms of average global temperature and the parts per million of carbon dioxide that exists in the Earth’s atmosphere.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Earth, Atmosphere]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- It can be noted that the discipline of math has played important role in people’s lives and it has provided various useful methods to be more knowledgeable in life. Initially, even prior to the modern age and the communication of knowledge in the world arena, the written forms of new mathematical develops can only be accessed by several locales. It is known that the most ancient mathematical texts that can be accessed to is Plimpton 322, the Rhind Mathematical papyrus as well as the Moscow mathematical papyrus.... [tags: math, geometry, pythagorean theorem]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction to solving math solutions manuals: The topic of “solving math solutions manuals”, are discussed below with some related problems and solutions. In mathematics, there are many chapters included such as number system, fraction, algebra, functions, trigonometry, integral, calculus, matrix, vector, geometry, graph etc. We can understand how to solve the problems using formulas and some operations. We can solve the math problems easily without using any electronic devices. Let us discuss some important problems below in different concepts.... [tags: Mathematics]
619 words (1.8 pages)
- Introduction to solve math problems deductive reasoning Deductive reasoning is one of the two essential forms of suitable reasoning. The reasoning constructs or evaluates deductive reasoning. While deductive reasoning argues from the general to exacting , similarly inductive reasoning argues from the specific to a general instance. Deductive arguments may be valid or invalid,and sound or unsound, but that are not true or false. Whenever we turn up for the conclusion using facts, definitions, rule, or properties, then it is so called Deductive Reasoning.... [tags: Math]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- Introduction to solve math solutions manual: The topic of “solve math solutions manual”, are seen below with some related problems and solutions. In mathematics, there are many chapters included such as number system, fraction, algebra, functions, trigonometry, integral, calculus, matrix, vector, geometry, graph etc. We can understand how to solve the problems using formulas and some operations. Let us discuss some important problems below in different concepts. Example problems – Solve math solutions manual Example problem 1 – Solve math solutions manual Simplify the expression: (5k2 - 8k + 6) + (3k2 + 5k - 4) - (2k2 + 6k + 8) Solution: In this problems, the given polynomials are (5k2 - 8k... [tags: Mathematics]
604 words (1.7 pages)
- Mathematics is different from some other disciplines such as art and music in that it builds upon itself. It has traditionally been based on a series of axioms and theorems derived from these axioms, from which more theorems can be derived. Therefore, when an essay asks us to eliminate a concept fundamental to mathematics, it is difficult to make a choice since each concept has its merits and is necessary for understanding concepts that build upon it. This essay, although not feasible to implement in the real world, accomplishes the goals of a Writing in Mathematics seminar, which are to encourage students to think creatively about mathematics, increase the students’ skills in writing effect... [tags: higher Education, math, higher learning]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- This paper will evaluate the local, national and international drivers that have influenced the development of advanced nursing practice. The discussion will include the political, economic, social, and technological influences that have contributed to the transformation from the traditional nursing role to the numerous exciting advanced level career opportunities achievable in nursing today. Dynamics that have shaped my own current advanced nursing role will be discussed and to conclude some thoughts on the future of advanced nursing practice.... [tags: advanced nurse practitioner (ANP)]
1233 words (3.5 pages)
- Product Review: The Creative Zen X-Fi 16 GB Video MP3 Player with Wireless LAN and Built-In Speaker
- Male and Female Segregated Education (Co-Ed Versus Single Sex School): Separate but Equal
- The Moral and Legal Obligations of Battlefield Neutrality
- Drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Private Schools vs. Public Schools
- Saying Goodbye