A woman is a wonderful creation of God. She is weak, soft, and gentle half of the humanity. Yet she has one of the most important roles on Earth; a role to continue the human race. Next to a woman should be a man who will help and protect her. Men, however, do not see it that way.
Throughout history, women, a victimized gender around the world, have sought equality, but, unfortunately, male-dominated countries still reject that change. As a result, to this present day, a female is still a lower being compared to a man. Gender inequality and discrimination are root causes of abuse and violence against women, influenced by the historical and structural power imbalances between women and men which exist in varying degrees across all communities in the world. According to the U.S. Department of Justice 's National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS), every two minutes, an American woman from twelve and older is sexually assaulted. Each year, there are about 237,868 victims of sexual assault. People whom victim knows commit approximately 2/3 of the assaults. Sexual Assault, described in technical terms is defined as sexual activity between two or more people in which one of the people is involved against his or her will. The description of "against his or her will" extends to varying degrees of aggression, ranging from indirect pressure to a direct physical attack. "The Making of a Slut" by Naomi Wolf describes the harsh conditions and circumstances in which society labels woman as being "good" or "bad" and the consequences that go along with it. Throughout her brilliant essay, Wolf points out the fact that society will scrutinize and criticize women, especially when they show that inappropriate side of them, which...
... middle of paper ...
...ssmates raped her.
Throughout the essay, I have pointed out how unfair society treats women, and no matter how much time has passed, the fact, that women were and always will be abused and sexually assaulted, still remains the same. Based on Wolf’s argument, women must realize that the “bad girl” is a reality for all. Therefore, it will not be safe for them to live comfortably until they all unite and stand for each other. What women, especially teenage girls need to understand, is that they will always be targeted by men in any place where girls are vulnerable. Nightclubs, parties, and any other place where girls usually lower their guard down, men will use that opportunity to assault you. Sadly, for women, society will still blame the women for whatever happened, because she was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, doing the wrong thing.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Did God create the world. Genesis 1:1 states, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” I do believe that God did create the world and listed below are a few of my contentions: There is evidence in the Bible that proves God created the world. Science even proves that there was a divine creator present when the world was first designed and when life first appeared on earth. There is evidence in the human body and in nature that proves God created the world. First off, the Bible does state that the world and everything that is of the world was created by God.... [tags: Bible, God, Beliefs, Science, Creation]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- The sky crystallized royal blue colors propose a beautiful announcement on how perfect the day is. When glancing in the direction of the sun, it appears as if the sun is smiling with joy and excitement. The garden is filled with multiple colored dandelions, roses, and tulips. The aged oak trees stand in strength displaying a picture perfect scene of fruitfulness. The river flows in sync and rhythm to the wind. The birds of the air soar high in formation and precise sequence to the leader. This day and its splendor grace the followers with perfection and expectation.... [tags: God, Religious]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- ... In the fourth letter, paragraph 21, Frankenstein says, “One man's life or death were but a small price to pay for the acquirement of the knowledge which I sought, for the dominion I should acquire and transmit over the elemental foes of our race.” He basically starts off stating his story by saying it’s absolutely no big deal if a guy drops dead, as long as Frankenstein can overcome the elements and claim the invention and discovery of reanimation as his own. Little did he think about the creature that he may end up creating and the effects it could have on society and the medical technologies world.... [tags: selfishness, creation, seclusion]
566 words (1.6 pages)
- “Their eyes were watching god” is a poetic novel, and it is the first black literature, which is showing the black women’s feminine consciousness awakening work, and as a milestone significance in black female literature creation. The novel describes the revolt against the bondage of traditional customs, and Janie also tries for human rights of her own life. Traditionally, the black women as a group of society, women’s social status are much lower than any others group. In the “Their eyes were watching god,” there is a wonderful description of black women 's social status, it means white people dropped the baggage, and let the black people pick it up, then black people picked up, because he... [tags: Black people, White people, Miscegenation]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- Where did it all begin. The creation of mankind has been and continues to be the most told and most changed story of all time. How did man come to be on Earth. How did Earth come to be in space. Who or what created all of this. There has to be some kind of explanation because without one, then nothing else makes sense. There has to be a purpose to life because without one, there is no point in living. Most importantly there has to be hope because without someone or something to believe in, you lose all belief in yourself.... [tags: Universe, Creation myth, Tiamat, God]
707 words (2 pages)
- The Christian worldview is centered on the Gospel and places their beliefs in the essential teachings of the Trinity, the deity of Jesus Christ, and Jesus’ resurrection from the dead (DiVincenzo, 2015). This paper will explain who God is and what he created, what our purpose and nature is as humans, who Jesus was and what he did while on earth, how God plans to bring his people back into the right relationship with himself, and as a Christian how one is to live their life with an analysis of the Christian worldview.... [tags: God, Christianity, God in Christianity, Trinity]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. (Genesis 3:4-5) We know, according to Genesis 1:31, that all of God’s creation was precisely as He would have it to be. There was nothing lacking in it, neither was there anything lacking in the man that He had created. His eyes were not 'shut ' in that his understanding and knowledge were not deficient. He understood all that God had ordained that he should understand; he saw all things as God would have him see them; he determined all things according to God 's wisdom and will.... [tags: God, New Testament, Bible, Good and evil]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- When God created heaven and earth, he wanted to also create those that would be a reflection to his image. He wanted to create more and something that could be good to what he created in the beginning. Earth was created by him and with doing that, he thought to create humankind that could be good to the earth and be superior to everything around them. In Genesis 1:26-27, God talked about how he created humankind within his image so that they would be like God. In Genesis 2:18, the Bible speaks about God’s creation of woman.... [tags: God, the bible, genesis, mankind]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- The Native Americans and Europeans had many influences that affected their outlook when they first encountered one another. These influences have different stories and views that pertain to the origin of life and how the earth was created. For example the Native Americans had stories that were passed down from generations that would be reshaped in different tellings. On the contrary the European Christians obtained their stories from books that had been written in earlier years such as the bible and Aristotle’s work.... [tags: Creation]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- The Creation of Woman Then the Lord God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper as his partner." So out of the ground the Lord God formed every animal of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name. The man gave names to all cattle, and to the birds of the air and to every animal of the field; but for the man there was not found a helper as his partner.... [tags: Papers]
740 words (2.1 pages)