Good Restaurant Management is vital for succeful businesses. The managers are people in charge of the restaurant to make sure food is good and customers are happy. A Knowledge of Restaurant management creates a good restaurant to run smoothly and go strong so more and more customers come back to enjoy the food, it’s also good to know what restaurant management is, what skills are needed to become one, what operational risks, what career opportunities, and what salary is.
Running a restaurant can be one of the most stressful jobs as well as the most fun and rewarding job. If the manager is a good leader with excellent leadership skills and has great followers, the restaurant will be thankful. If not, the restaurant sales will not be pleasing. While developing a business staff group is important to running a successful restaurant, it is also that management focus on its public relations as well as its sales and marketing strategies (Bureau of Labor Statics). Staff developing is vital for restaurants to run smoothly. A restaurant is composed of two sectors, a Front of House and there’s a Back of House. The front of the house is what is visible to the customers' eye. Customers can’t see the back of the house. Back of the house is where cooks prepare the food and where the dishwasher is located (Bureau of Labor Statics).
Restaurant managers are who are in charge of the hall restaurant, they are responsible on everything, they make sure the customers and food it’s good and greet all customers in. Manager Sammi explained that if a manager develops his staff, it makes the restaurant run smooth. The store will profit, the employees and the guest will be satisfied. If the staff is not getting along, a lot of problems will grow ...
... middle of paper ...
Labor, 8 1 2014. W. 5 Mar 2014.
Mc Alpine, Margaret . Working in the Food Industry. Milwaukee: Gareth Stevens
Publishing, 2006. 52-59. Pr
Miksen, Chris. "Restaurant Management." College of Dubpage. Chris Miksen, n.d. Web. 5 Mar 2014.
Vitkauskiene, Jekaterina. "10 Things to know about Restaurant Management." Tips for Restaurant Management . About.com , 17 Feb 2014. Web. 28 Feb 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Everything is about my career, what I want to be and what is that I am following, what is that attracts me to be the one with this career. The chosen career is Restaurant Management and food service what is provided and is produced how it really works what it needs to be a restaurant manager , skills and qualifications, characteristics and the major points of a manager in a prfofitable business for the best and most successful career, at the final I have choose 2 personalities with some different options working in that field and saying advices about how to become a successful leader of a business that’s what is this all about telling what is crated from a restaurant manager, educati... [tags: career choices and opportunities]
1834 words (5.2 pages)
- Important elements for operating a successful restaurant Many people dream of running a successful restaurant, but only a few of them make their dreams come true. There are three elements that play important roles in the process of operating a successful restaurant. One of the essential elements is planning, a detailed plan could help you focus on the goal and clear the way. Besides, passion and managing are two other essential components, which could help you to operate a sustainable beneficial business.... [tags: Management, Entrepreneurship, Restaurant, Failure]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Performance Summary My first employment was in November 2012 in which ended in March the following year, 2013. I began as a restaurant server at the Mama Chen restaurant. The various duties that I was entrusted with were greeting the guests and presenting them with the menu on arrival at the restaurant. I would then take the orders for both the food and beverages from the guests of which I was expected to engage the guests in conversation which was intended to provide any assistance that the guests had queries about.... [tags: Management, Strategic management]
1699 words (4.9 pages)
- Many diverse experiences have helped to shape my professional marketing career. These positions range from promoting Broadway shows, to marketing at the global children's entertainment brand Pokémon, and managing a girl’s brand called My Princess Academy. While my professional experiences have provided me with a strong real world foundation, I feel that in order to pursue my goal of managing a major entertainment brand, I require the knowledge and training afforded by an MBA program. I am confident that my professional experiences coupled with an MBA will help me achieve a vibrant career in marketing management.... [tags: Marketing, Career,]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- I believe in that to be a success in life I have to have experiences in my life story to improve myself, abilities and skills. This will add a lot to my social, and managerial experience too. My work experience started at the Amazon Palace International Restaurant as an Executive Manager. That was the fascinating experience I have consolidated my skills of taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant, analyzing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability, organizing marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.... [tags: Management, Time, Better, Learning]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- 1.WHAT INFLUENCED YOUR INTEREST IN THE CATEGORY YOU SELECTED. WHAT STEPS HAVE YOU TAKEN TO PREPARE FOR THIS POSSIBLE CAREER TRACK?(150-200 WORDS) The reason I decided to select this category is that I plan on pursuing a general business management career in college. As to what steps have I taken to prepare me there, I began expressing interest in this career during a summer business introductory course in 2014. I learned the basics subjects, reinforced skills such as public speaking, presenting, and interviewing.... [tags: High school, Community, Community service]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- While working as a server at a beautiful Italian restaurant you start your normal routine with a new table. After taking their complete order, their food is ready, and it is finally time to serve them. You ask them if they want freshly grated parmesan cheese and as your grating the cheese, you poor the cheese in their lap instead of their food. It was a completely an accident that you apologized for right away. This example, would be considered a mistakes, which are unavoidable at times. As an employer it is easy to move past simple mistakes that employees will make, but vindictively making choices that are unacceptable for the company cannot go overlooked.... [tags: Abuse, Employment, Bullying, Psychological abuse]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- Travel agents facilitate customers to find out best possible travel arrangements. They recommend destinations and make arrangements for the hotel accommodations, car rentals, transportation, and tours for customers. Travelers may book tickets at their booking offices. Additionally, specialty travel groups and resorts use travel agents to endorse travel packages to their clients. Nature of Work Travel agents are expected to know about various destinations. They should be able to advice travelers and guide them to choose their destinations.... [tags: Career Description]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- “My learning experience, things I can achieve, the decisions I make, the people I meet and befriend and the mistakes I make tells me who I am now and who I will become.” As a child, this was a belief that my parents taught me and, so I grew up with it and became very devoted to follow it. My parents always said to me “Learn all you can.” They also taught me that the decisions I make will help me to build my own destination, and the way I treat others will say the person I am. Until this day, I continue to believe, apply and follow that belief.... [tags: Leadership, Culture, Management, Learning]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- There are some people that know what they want to do when they are young. Then there are the people that take their time and maybe never know or find what their true passion is. I would be the person that still does not know what I want to be when I grow up, at the age of 40. After being in school going on my third year (that took five years to get to), I am barely just finding out about what I want and do in my career and for my future. Alice Walker, a civil right activist said, “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any” (2004).... [tags: Management, A Great Way to Care, Need, Want]
1245 words (3.6 pages)