I got out of bed, went into the bathroom to washed my face and brushed my teeth. After I finished, I went downstairs halfway there I realized I forgot my cellphone. I ran back up and grabbed my phone along with my headphones off the bed, then went back downstairs. I ran into the kitchen following the smell of delicious food my grandpa was preparing. “Good morning sugar”, my grandpa said. “ Good Morning papa”,I replied. As my stomach growled while I stood in the kitchen walkway.“Well you must be hungry”,he said. “ Yes I am”, I said followed by a laugh. “Well come have a seat”, he insisted. I came in, sat at the table and pulled out my phone and started to play Temple Run. He came and sat down a plate filled with strawberry waffles, cheesy eggs, and bacon just how I like it.
As I started eating ,my grandpa opened the curtains letting the sun in. “ What do you plan on doing today?”, he asked.” I might watch a couple of movies, or play on the Xbox, get on Facebook, and FaceTime my friends, you know the usual”. “ Why don 't you never go play outside, enjoy the fresh air, do somethin...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Line in the Sand - Original Writing A line. A simple, one-dimensional mark. It may be the edge of a square, the shortest distance between two points, or markings on the road. Lines, gentlemen, are boring yet useful tools in life. Right. Wrong. There is one line I would like to tell you about. If you were seen stepping over this line, it would result in your death on the spot, no questions asked. This is a line drawn in the sand. This line has caused the largest population movement ever witnessed by humankind.... [tags: Papers]
544 words (1.6 pages)
- Crash Landing - Original Writing Everything was going okay at first, everyone was talking and getting to know each other, except me, I just sat in the corner, I don't like socializing that much with people I don't know, and plus , I was missing my mum. I peered across the room looking at each of the boys who were with me and noticed a small rat-like boy walking over. He had very small thin-like fingers and almost scale like skin, greenish eyes and a long thin nose. He looked very mischievious, but as we began talking and getting to know each other he seemed okay.... [tags: Papers]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- The Waterfront - Original Writing Early morning. The sun is rising above the water creating a silhouette of the town behind it. The sky is ablaze as if it were bonfire night. As I opened the window; the smell of seaweed off the sea breeze hit me like a brick wall. It is time for work. I get dressed and start the half-mile trudge to work. It has rained during the night; the puddles on the pavement are mirrors reflecting everything from the air above them. I look down and see birds migrating south for the winter.... [tags: Papers]
670 words (1.9 pages)
- Summer Camp - Original Writing It couldn't be happening again, the second attack in a month, each one with more aggression than the last. The surfers and swimmers were the target as they thrashed about in the water undistinguishable from seals. It was suicidal to be in these waters in the middle of summer during feeding time, but the swimmers and surfers didn't know, how should they know the sharks were hungry. The coast guard hadn't warned people to stay out of the water, no, they didn't care, as long as they were getting paid, they didn't care.... [tags: Papers]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- Room 101 - Original Writing One frosty winters evening Owen was watching his favourite wildlife show he was so concentrated watching the programme he couldn’t hear any footsteps or his front gate opening. Then suddenly he heard a noise it sounded like someone was knocking on the door Owen uncared for it then a couple of minutes later he heard it again so he opened the door. Owen slowly opened the door and there was a man the man said to Owen ‘Can I speak to Owen please?’ Owen then replied ‘yes that’s me’.... [tags: Papers]
646 words (1.8 pages)
- Longstone - Original Writing The wind howled and huge waves struck the break water at Seahouses harbour. The small fisherman’s cottages that made up most of the coastal village shook with each onslaught from the vicious storm. Most of the men of the village had gone for the safety of their local pub, Ye Olde Ship, to wait out the storm. However, no one touched their drink now, as the patrons of Ye Olde Ship were staring out of the harbour side window and over the stormy sea.... [tags: Papers]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- Original Writing It was mid day and the snow had settled and was quite heavy. The sky was thick and ocean grey with it. A jumbo jet lumbered out of the clouds towards Heathrow airport. It approached the runway guided by lights from the ground. Among the herd of passengers was I, a young asian girl. I sat clutching my seat, feeling scared, whilst the plane made its bumpy landing. I followed the other passengers out to the airport bus and into the entrance. I was bewildered and exhausted, and the stinging blizzard frightened me a little.... [tags: Papers]
1396 words (4 pages)
- The Haunted Maze Mansion - Original Writing ‘Hey, what lessons have you got today?’ Zoë asked Louise as she skipped towards the lockers, where Louise was standing. ‘The usual; French, Maths, English and IT, not a very good day.’ It was a normal day at school, Mondays, no fights, everyone really tired from the weekend and no-one ready to do any work. ‘Hey, Louise can I have your English homework please. I forgot to do it and the teacher will kill me!’ Nina shouted as she came in rushing up the stairs nearly tripping over her tie, which was in her hand.... [tags: Papers]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- My Life Portrait - Original Writing …..War was severe. We had no food for more than a day. It was very dark. I had a little brother who was eight years old. The only thing I could hear was bombs and sounds of aircrafts. We were told not to go out of the bunker. After another day the sounds of bomb died out. My mother told me to stay inside the bunker and she went outside to see whether the coast was clear. She came back and told us to come out of the bunker. When we went out, as we have never seen light for two days, we had to close our eyes.... [tags: Papers]
625 words (1.8 pages)
- Your name is Karkat Vantas and today so far is going absolutely terrible. Yesterday your shitty fucking group of so called friends betrayed you and dragged you camping. Now you are sitting in this cheap ass tent which you expect to break any moment now under the storm which has decided today was the perfect day to show up. You finally sit up and resolve yourself to a rainy day of bug bites when you notice the space next to you, formerly occupied with your best friend, was empty. Where the fuck is your clown.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Blond, George Carlin]
1466 words (4.2 pages)