From an early age I have always been interested in the way the business and technology world operates among our everyday lives. Since starting my A levels, the complexities of the business and technology industries have become more clear, the way it is forever changing and adapting to create more paths to success is a feature I can also apply to my own life. I realise that not just academic understanding is needed but motivation, creativity and hard work is needed to flourish. What would life be without technology? In this world that we live in it is impossible to be fully efficient in a business society without having grasp knowledge of information and communications technology. Information technology is ever changing in our business society and I desire to be a part of this changing process.
My passion for business expanded when I chose Business Studies as one of my three A Level subject choices. I am able to view many businesses analytically and make suggestions regarding possible improvements. Although this subject is somewhat demanding, I find it extremely interesting. It was the first subject that truly caught my attention and got me thinking about its relevance outside of school. One of my favourite aspects of studying Business was the Marketing unit. I enjoyed this most because of the excitement and fast pace of the content.
Furthermore having ICT as my other main A Level subject, it has led me to strive to study computing to a much greater depth. My IT teacher made the biggest impact, for it was he who shifted my interest from hardware to software and introduced me to programming. In his class I improved my problem-solving ability. Business Studies and Religious studies are other subjects that honed t...
... middle of paper ...
... particularly working in the business industry. . Here I observed and assisted in various areas of the business. I was able to fully appreciate the duties involved in the distribution and communication of knowledge in the education system. I completed all the tasks assigned to me correctly and efficiently, through marking orders and transactions and being responsible for customer issues/questions.
I consider myself to be a hard working, outgoing individual who is enthusiastic and willing to learn. I am looking forward to the challenge of university life, both socially and mentally. I strongly believe that my years at university will be enjoyable and those that I will remember for the rest of my life. Most of all I am hoping that my chosen subject will give me a strong foundation to take upon a successful career inside the computing and business world.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... also people can travel in the world with automobiles and planes. One thing that had an impact to that was the law of conservation of mass that was discovered by Antoine Lavoisier. he found that the law of conservation of mass states that for any systems closed to all transfers of matter and energy. also there is a law that implies that mass can neither be created nor destroyed. the time in technology was very different before it was discovered. and it will change as time go on in life. The second thing is that natural resources has advanced technology.... [tags: how life would be without it]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- Think about your life without technology; no cellphones, no computers, and no Internet. Life without technology is not a convenient life. Without technology we would not have the access to the world we have today because it provides us with better communication, medicine, and safety. Many people would disagree with this and argue that technology can affect our communication skills and that texting and driving causes many deaths. However, the positive outcomes that technology provides us with, outweighs the minor negative issues that can be easily avoided.... [tags: Security, Security guard, Communication]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- ... Other inventions, such as electricity, heat, and light are all major contributors to the welfares that yield to a more comfortable life. Without electricity people would not really have any technology, since there wouldn’t be any power to produce it. Among the other things that technology has provided us, we also have the Internet. The Internet is the place that most people get all their news and information from. It is a way to retain information quicker, or provide more knowledge that you maybe couldn’t retain from just reading a book.... [tags: invent, efficiency, innovation]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- In today’s world, in general, life moves faster. Daily routines would not feel complete without technology. Often it is believed that technology becomes worthless when one does not know how to use it. Without the internet or television millions of people would go without the news and events happening at the waking moment. Along with the advances in technology comes a great dilemma to be explored of when an overload of technology has been reached and may result in destruction of mankind. Technology includes most products that are manufacturer in factories every day.... [tags: Technology]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- Imagine a world without cell phones, personal computers, MP3 players, cars, and television. Life without those pieces of technology would be drastically different. In the past century, the world has seen an unprecedented number of technological advancements. However, these advancements are often taken for granted. Most people do not realize the complexity of the processes that occur when they use technologies like the Internet or computers. Nevertheless, are the devices that people use in their day-to-day lives essential.... [tags: Technology]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- What does it mean to possess great significance. Initially when I confronted myself with this essay I struggled for an answer to this question. Just like religion, I have discovered that the characterization can be a difficult one - you know it when you see it, but cannot define it as easily. The dictionary broadly describes a significant element as “important; of consequence.” Of course, something significant is relative to the observer, dependent on their own judgment of what is and what is not important.... [tags: Friendship Essay, Personal Narrative]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- Man has become very dependant on technology. Without it everyday living would be difficult. Life would be peaceful if we didn’t have machines running people’s lives. Dependence on technology is detrimental to humanity, and will eventually lead to many dilemmas in the future. In this generation, mankind has become extremely reliant on technology. There isn’t a day that goes by that people don’t talk on their cell phones, drive a car, or utilize some type of machine. Technology has completely overtaken people’s lives and they don’t even realize it.... [tags: Technology]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- Where would we be without text messaging. Texting has grown widely over the last 20 years. In some ways, it has allowed us to be more efficient, independent, and direct. How did such a simple way of communicating lead to us to the millions and millions of text sent daily. The first text message was sent in 1992 by a 22 year old British engineer. Nokia was the first company to manufacture a mobile phone with a full keyboard. The phone was known as the Nokia 900i Communicator. By the year 2000, numbers increased from 0.4 texts per month per person to 35 per month since the year 1995.... [tags: modern communication technology]
1735 words (5 pages)
- Technology is defined as “the application of knowledge to extend human capabilities by equipment or a technique for performing a particular activity”. Technology has become very important part of our lives. I believe that technology in our lives is leading us to Eden. An Eden is a place of complete bliss and delight. Marshall McLuhan's statement that “Invention is the mother of necessities” is very true. This is because if it were not for technology our work would not be as efficient or productive.... [tags: Technology]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- The Impact of Technology With all of the new technology forcing itself into our lives, many of us can't help but get sucked into the excitement. So as we struggle to figure out where the future is heading, we ask ourselves is it good or bad. In my opinion, it's a little bit of both. Everything we do uses technology. The computer that I typed this on is one of them. On page 28 in the textbook, there is a short story on how much we use computers daily. Our watches, ATMs, cars, TV’s, and Radio's all use computers to work.... [tags: Technology Technological Papers]
1175 words (3.4 pages)