On October 1, 2016 I took the real age test on https://www.sharecare.com/group/realage a website that asks various health and lifestyle questions in order to identify the true age of an individual. I tried my best to answer each question as honestly as possible and was informed that my real age was 33.7, which is 4.4 years younger than my chronological age. I must stay this made me feel good, but I was eager to know why I was not rated younger or older. As I reviewed my recommendations I was given an accurate guide of what I am currently doing that is keeping me young as well as areas I should improve on. In this short essay I will discuss the three thigs that I am currently doing which make me young and three items I must improve in order to improve my longevity. Additionally, I will address two behaviors, which I can change today in order to improve my wellbeing and thus my quality of life as well as possibly extend my stay on this earth.
According to www.sharecare.com there are many areas in my life I am doing particularly well which makes my real age younger than my chronological age. Out of the four selected sections which include: (a) health, (b) feelings, (c) diet, and (d) fitness; health was identified to be the best, whereas feelings were the worst. The following three areas in my life I seem to be doing well and should continue to do in order to stay young are (a) staying away from sunburn, (b) maintain sense of purpose, and (c) walking. Because I was born and raised in a cold climate, Siberia, Russia, I did not expose my skin to sun as much as I could have if I had lived all of my life in California. However, be it that I have lived most of my life in California, I have sun bathed in the sun cov...
... middle of paper ...
...it affects me and letting go of things I do not have control over. I am a firm believer that God has me on a path that I should be on and there is always a way out if I trust in Him and allow myself to not be overwhelmed.
Thus, in order to improve my stress level my goal is to increase my coping skills, which I believe should include regular exercise, cardio in particular, that are added into my regular weekly schedule. Additionally, I must practice my faith better than I am currently doing. The activity of taking the test and reflecting upon the recommendations has been very beneficial to me. As I age working towards improving various aspects of my daily/weekly routine will help me in my longevity as well as positive aging process. Additionally, it allows me to think about the aging process in a different way, which I can also share with my patients as I provide ca
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This paper goes into detail about becoming a real estate agent in Ontario. It talks about how there are many benefits that go along with the occupation which include making your own work schedule. It also talks about how there many negatives such as not making any money in the first few months of working as a real estate agent. In order to become a real estate agent, people must complete several courses offered by the Ontario Real Estate Association College. In addition to the completion of the courses, people must register with the Real Estate Council of Ontario.... [tags: Real estate, Property, Real property]
1471 words (4.2 pages)
- Constantly, you eradicated fear, anxiety and angry out of your center cord that had suppressed over the year. Your body began to heal by the Infinite Healing Energy Presence and any disease that you may have slowly become transformed and continuously heal by the Infinite Healing Energy Presence. You forgive everyone and send out love, kindness and compassion to the Universe. You give thanks for the healing that is occurring in consciousness now. You feel worth to be here; you lighten up and give everything a sense of gratitude and thank the Source.... [tags: new age,]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- People usually wonder at what age are they truly happy during their happy. Everyone has different opinions. We even have facts on what age science says when we are truly happy. Obviously all the data is going to be different since no one is the same. For example, some people would say that kids who are younger are more happy since they 're carefree. But when you’re older you are still carefree plus you have a stronger bond with your family. Overall I think people who are older adults that are almost in their 50s or more as their “golden years” are truly more happy overall.... [tags: Old age, Middle age, Gerontology, Ageing]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Games that are designed to help teach are having an impact on college-age pupils as well. Following a recent 3D virtual simulation of a US/Canadian border crossing, wherein students assumed the role of guards, Loyalist College in Ontario reported that the number of successful test scores increased from 56 percent to 95 percent. So-called "serious games," specifically designed to teach and inform, are also having an impact on the world. Titles like the United Nations ' Food Force teach kids about real-life issues, humanitarianism and the practical challenges facing governments and private organizations today.... [tags: Game, Play, Video game genres, Real life]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- The drinking age should be lowered to eighteen instead at twenty one. People all around the world drink alcohol. In many countries they have a low age limit or no limit at all for drinking alcohol. In the United States the drinking law is set to the age twenty one. Many young Americans are caught drinking under the age everyday. At the age of eighteen you are supposed to be considered an adult, you can go to war and die for your country, you can vote, you can buy cigarettes, but you can't buy alcohol.... [tags: USA, drinking age, alcohol,]
463 words (1.3 pages)
- Lopez, German. "Europe Has Lower Drinking Ages than the US - and Worse Teen Drinking Problems." 2016. Web. 14 Nov. 2016. http://www.vox.com/2016/1/26/10833208/europe-lower-drinking-age A huge part of my essay runs off the general idea of Europe being a very successful country because their drinking age is lower than ours. Also, that the U.S. alcohol involved death rate is a lot higher than most of Europe’s because we have a higher drinking age. This source, being a lot different form the others talks mainly of how Europe is not doing as good as we think they are when it comes to alcohol.... [tags: Drinking culture, Legal drinking age]
1855 words (5.3 pages)
- The question of whether self- esteem has significance with real world- consequences is a valid concern. Ulrich Orth and Richard W. Robins provide the answer, with evidence contributed by researched studies, in their article The Development of Self- Esteem that self- esteem, in fact, does influence societal significance. With the determination on self- esteem trajectory from adolescence to old age, self- esteem stability, and the relationship between levels of self-esteem and predictions of success and failure, one can conclude that self- esteem influences life outcomes; moreover, people can participate to involvements focused at positively influencing the development of self- esteem.... [tags: Self-esteem, Individual, Old age, Ageing]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- Teaching a unit based around the theme of coming of age is important in an adolescent classroom. It has been taught in high school language arts time and time again. Coming of age works makes up a large part of the literary canon including works like The Adventure of Huckleberry Finn, Catcher in the Rye, A Separate Peace, etc. Additionally, this theme is important because the teenage students in the classroom are essentially going through their own coming of age. They are currently making the difficult transition out of childhood into adulthood.... [tags: coming of age theme]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Commercial real estate is any property other than a single family home or a residential lot in a neighborhood. The commercial real estate market is handled very similarly industrial and residential real estate markets. The commercial real estate market goes through ups and downs just like any other investment market however investments into commercial real estate can be a very wise decision. Commercial real estate is similar to industrial and residential real estate in that when you buy it you are buying a building or land.... [tags: Real Estate]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- Real Estate and Investing American business man Robert Kiyosaki once said, “Real estate investing even on a very small scale, remains a tried and true means of building an individual’s cash flow and wealth”. Real estate and investing in real estate can bring one multiple strands of income. Real estate is not only buying and selling houses. There are many jobs and careers in the real estate field. Individuals are also allowed to fulfil a future in all of these career fields unlike other careers where one may specialize in only one.... [tags: Real estate, Estate agent, Real estate appraisal]
1029 words (2.9 pages)