First, our school must get Nicholas to come speak to our students because it will show them how important they are to this world. Many teenagers suffer from depression especially during high school and we are not sure how to address it, I believe a motivational speaker will help not only the ones who are already suffering but also students and staff that doubt them selves. Each year, 34,598 people die by suicide, which is an average of 94 completed suicides every day. You may not know anyone personally who has committed suicide, but whether you believe it or not several students have considered this. How many students have been taken to your office or Marla’s about self inflicted harm? I know that is confidential, but statistics show that one in twelve teenagers self-harm. A study found that ten per cent of girls admitted to self-harming, compared to six per cent of boys. Honestly, how do you deal with this issue in your school? Do you call the parents? What do the parents do? What if the parents are the reason they found it necessary to go ...
... middle of paper ...
...s was born without any of his limbs, but by focusing on the positive side of this situation he managed to make it farther in his life than most of us would. Life is about seeing the glass half full instead of half empty.
Our school must get Nicholas James Vujicic to come motivate our students. Nicholas will show our students that they are just as important in this world as anybody else is. He would teach our students things that they will never forget. Last but not least he would teach our students that taking the easy way out or giving up is never the right decision. Nicholas James Vujicic has accomplished many things in his lifetime even though he has a medical condition and was born without any of his limbs, but he does not let any of that hold him back; we should look at this as an example of how to live our life we should not let any obstacle stand in our way.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nicholas Sparks receives acknowledgment for his fantastic job of pouring emotions onto paper for millions to read, and his life has been full of roller coasters on his journey to the top. Sparks studied at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana on a full track and field scholarship, but tore his Achilles tendon during his first year; therefore, his track and field career ended. He currently resides in North Carolina with his wife and five children. As a successful novelist, he makes a fair amount of money.... [tags: biography, nicolas sparks]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- The Life of Nicolas Copernicus and His Heliocentric Theory Nicolas Copernicus died never knowing what a revolution he made in the scientific world. Mathematicians and scientist like Ptolemy, Newton, and Brahe supported his heliocentric theory. He was born in Poland on February 19th, 1473 the baby of four children. His father was Nicholas Copernicus Sr. died in 1483 when Copernicus was at the young age of ten. He and his sibling went to live with his Uncle Lucas Waltzenrode the bishop of Warmia in Germany.... [tags: Science, Biography, Nicolas Copernicus, Heliocentr]
510 words (1.5 pages)
- For my “How to do” speech my goal was to share with the class an interesting and informative way to learn something new. Due to the speeches time limit, I knew I needed to be well prepared. I wanted to be less nervous before and during my speech. While presenting I was nervous, but I didn’t really have time for these feelings to sink in because I was focused on the information I wanted to share with the audience. I enjoyed presenting in the second group of speeches so I could see my peers different types of speaking style.... [tags: Graduation, Commencement speech, Speech]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- 1. Many people have multiple reasons why they want to be able to help others in their everyday jobs. My attraction to being a Speech Language Pathologist is because I want to be able to people overcome their speech problems. As a Speech Language Pathologist I want to be able to help people that have speech problems, overcome this problem and be able to be independent without needing the help of myself or other people that are trying to talk to them. I personally know their feelings and have actually been in their shoes to know how frustrating life can be trying to talk and have someone else talk for you.... [tags: Need, Want, Speech and language pathology]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- The term ‘Relational aesthetics’ was first mentioned in the catalog for Traffic, an exhibition curated by Nicolas Bourriaud that took place at the CAPC contemporary museum, Bordeaux in 1995. The exhibition however, was not well received amongst many critics who did not either understand or agree with Bourriards concept of Relational aesthetics, seeing it as quite a vague concept. Writer and Curator Carl Freedman 's article for frieze magazine was less than complimentary towards Bourriaud 's exhibition stating ‘’Traffic’ and Bourriaud’s concept of ‘relationality’ were just too unspecific to be capable of defining a new art, especially when so many of the works did little to support the exhibi... [tags: Art, Aesthetics, Sociology, Fine art]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction Thousands of children suffer from speech impediments every year, and schools have the responsibility to treat them. A speech impediment is “a condition that makes it difficult to speak normally” (“Speech Impediment,” n.d.). I decided to research and write about speech disorders in schools, because I suffered from speech disorders when I was young and spent every elementary school year trying to treat it. It took me seven years to finally speak like the other students in my classes, and there must be a better system to treat children faster and more effectively.... [tags: Speech disorder, Speech sound disorder]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that they can overcome the obsticles they face and achieve success I am here because I feel that the youth of today are talented and intelligent Individuals. Many young people just need to be motivated and given a fair chance at success. Young people need mentors to help them find their way and to help them stay focused. Mentors play an intricate roll in your lives and are sort of liaisons between your parents or guardians and your educators.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- Speech Acts “Hey, can you reach that,” I asked pointing at a book on the top shelf. The boy standing next to me looked around before replying to ensure that I was, in fact, speaking to him. “Uh, yeah. The blue one?” He responded to confirm which book I had been pointing at. “Yep. Thanks, you’re a life saver.” “No problem,” he said as he handed me the book. I smiled at him before turning to walk back to the table I had been studying at. After reading that nothing about the interaction seems strange without understanding speech acts, particularly indirect speech acts.... [tags: Speech act, Pragmatics, Philosophy of language]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Ceremonial Speech SPS: To praise Saint Nicholas. CIS: We all know who Santa Claus is and Saint Nicholas the man responsible for all the wonderful things we know him for such as: selflessness, unsurpassed generosity, popularity we can all learn and apply his wonderful deeds to our own lives. Introduction: I. I know that all of you have heard of Santa Claus but how many of you actually know the history behind him. Saint Nicholas was the wonderful man that the legend of Santa Claus derived from.... [tags: essays research papers]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Nicolaus Copernicus Have you ever wondered who discovered that the sun is the center of our universe. If so, the answer is Nicolai Copernicus. This man was a well-respected as well as well educated man. He explored many different subjects including mathematics, medicine, canon law, and his favorite astronomy. The Earth-centered universe of Aristotle and Ptolemy were Western thinking for almost 2000 years until the 16th century when Copernicus proposed his theory. Copernicus was born on February 19, 1473 in Thorn, Poland.... [tags: Nicolai Copernicus]
1209 words (3.5 pages)