The subject I teach at the high school is junior/senior level Earth and Space Science. I teach three sections and have a total of sixty-four students in my classes. My course fulfills the third year of the science graduation requirement for most of the students. All but a handful of the students have passed their Ohio Graduation Tests in science.
Accessing technology in my school can be challenging. We do not have one to one computer access for our students. In our high school we have one computer lab, one library computer lab and Chromecarts. The chromecarts are frequently out of circulation because of their use in testing and in credit recovery classes. This year I have been experimenting with the flipped classroom model. For this reason I surveyed my students regarding home computer access at the beginning of the year. My survey showed that twenty –four percent of my students do not have Internet access at home.
In the afternoons, my teaching placement is very dif...
... middle of paper ...
...tes with the teachers I team with, so that they can decide if any of the sites will work for them. As stated, they have a higher accessibility to computers at the elementary than we do at the high school.
This course has provided a variety of ideas for use in my class. I will need time to sort through them all. I have begun with the ideas and tools I believe will be most impactful for my students. As mentioned, I have made significant plans to use the twenty-percent model. I have scheduled my computer access, created a list of fall back topics for students, and have begun to compile the variety of projects they can choose from to share their knowledge. I have also begun to work through the other programs like Blabberize and EDpuzzle. This course has introduced me to many new ideas and programs that will help me improve student interest and performance in my class.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What strategies can be used to resist or reject online connectivity, and how productive or valuable are these strategies. The emergence of digital communication revolutionizes the development of social exchange across the globe. Dissemination of information on the Internet is eased by communication technologies, such as smart phones and computers. Whilst the constant availability of connectivity facilitates users to obtain instant news from local to global communities, the overload of information from the “Evertime” communication model fosters the phenomenon of “Pushback,” the social media refusal.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Twitter]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- interest was a “pillar” and that a new paradigm must incorporate a focus and a locus in order to gain validity. The last Emerging Paradigm five gained recognition in several areas of policy science, public policy making and analysis, political economy, and etc. This is how the term public affairs came into play. In this last paradigm, Public Administration became institutional and was familiarized in an autonomous educational curriculum. In the early 1970’s, Undergraduate and Graduate enrollments continued to increase at the university level based on figures provided by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration.... [tags: Government, Public services]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- What I have gained from module 2 is how important it is to be deliberate with lesson plans and teaching social skills to younger children. You want to teach some lessons with the idea of what to expect and know that is was intended. As educators you want to help build relationship, child to child or even an adult and child. Helping children understand and express how they are feeling. Working with them to say how they are feeling and why. I think it is important to give children, many opportunities for them to learn and be creative.... [tags: Learning, Teacher, Emotion, Psychology]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- Why Women Gained the Vote in 1918 In 1918, women had finally gained the right to vote, after 68 long and hard years of campaigning and rebelling they finally got the vote they wanted. The women had tried everything like campaigning, getting them selves arrested, using the media and many more things were done. However, there were a couple of things that they did which really helped them get the right to vote and they were the fact that they helped the men in World War I, like loading the bombs shells with explosives and tidying the bomb shelters.... [tags: Papers]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- I believe the new GoPro Hero4 Session is an incremental innovation. The customer need in this situation is the ability to conveniently record video and take pictures wherever they might be, including underwater. This need means that the customer must have a device that is portable, small and easy to use. This customer need is not new as people have been documenting their lives and developing technology to take pictures since the 1800s. There have been very many inventions over time that allows people to take video and photographs and over the years, the inventions have gained new features and gotten smaller and easier to use.... [tags: New product development, Product management]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- ... In an article where the authors state, "As soon as a player masters one type of puzzle, however the rules change drastically, frustrating players and often triggering anxiety while also forcing players to “unlearn” their previous strategies and flexibly switch their appraisal systems to uncover the new rule structure"(Isabela, Adam, Rutger 72). This allows players to adapt a change in the puzzle's pattern and force their mind to create new strategy and a system structure from scratch while abandoning the previous puzzle's pattern and rules.... [tags: videogames as a valuable experience]
1612 words (4.6 pages)
- 1. INTRODUCTION Xiaomi is a privately owned company that designs, develops, and sells smartphones, apps, and consumer electronics. Cofounded by eight partners on April 6, 2001, the company officially launched its first android based firmware, MIUI on August 16, 2010. It also announced its Mi1 smartphone in August 2011 and later on launched its first Mi2 smartphone in August 2012. Xiaomi gained a big market share in Mainland China since the release of its first smartphone. Gradually it expanded itself and started developing wider range of consumer electronics.... [tags: Smartphone, IPhone, Windows Mobile, Smartphones]
1392 words (4 pages)
- Management Strategies for Retail Market Management The newspaper headlines often bring about a clue regarding the status of the economy on a daily basis. We hear from newscasts on the radio and on the television of distressing news of the market rising and dropping daily and just about every website have news regarding the impending gloom of the economy both locally and globally. Corporations cannot hide from budget cutbacks and organizational restructuring and it is inevitable that any improvement will be for the good of preserving the company.... [tags: Business Management]
2631 words (7.5 pages)
- "Flanking in a Price War" discusses some of the strategies utilized by retail grocery chains, wholesalers, and co-operatives within the Quebec Grocery Industry. Pricing strategies are the main focus of this article. It outlines both successful and non-successful pricing tactics. In addition, it emphasizes the importance of considering all pricing options, through price experiments, before deciding upon a pricing strategy. It tells of the decline of an industry leader, Steinberg Inc. Steinberg Inc.... [tags: Business Pricing Strategy]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- Reflection: Reflecting back on my takeaway from the 10 articles has given me insight on how I might further enhance my knowledge and skills as a teacher and how I will reinforce learning through literacy. While I did not agree with everything in the articles, I have become increasinly informed of the significance of teaching and using appropriate literature across the curriculum. I realized that students need to be exposed to an array of literature and genres, such as picture books that are grade-level appropriate as well as exposed to a balance of varied expository, narrative, and informational text, both in printed and digital form.... [tags: Education, Learning, Knowledge, Skill]
781 words (2.2 pages)