At the age 19 he went out from China and came to Malaysia to work. First, he worked as a carpenter for his uncle. Then, he become a sub-contractor and successfully builds a two–story school. During Japanese dominated Malaya, he was work as vegetable farmer. Then, he worked at scrap metal and hardware trading. Next, he engaged in second-hand machinery trading to increase is wealth. After that he joins iron mining company and form a joint-venture company. He gains a lot of profit from heavy machinery and invests it into construction and related industries. As a price for his hard work he won accolades for Kien Huat Sdn Bhd Construction Company. Then, he successfully builds the Ayer Itam Dam and Kemubu Irrigation Schema. Finally, he contribute is energy in developing Genting Resort.
Lim Goh Tong came out with his idea to build hilltop resort when he was having a dinner in the Cameron Highlands. That time his age was almost 50’s. He thinks that a peaceful cool breeze of Cameron Highlands will encourage people to visit for recreation and relaxation. At the same time he also th...
... middle of paper ...
...for the Decade by Asiamoney. Genting Highlands become a successful Casino resorts which attract the tourist all over the world and contribute to increase Malaysia economy. So, we can take the formation of Genting Highland project and Lim’s team management in Genting Group organization as a guide line in our life to build the team work within our group members to gain success in our projects and group assignment. We also can follow Lim’s team management when we work with a new organization in future. Lim’s successful team management in Genting Group organization which benefit all people show that he apply human resources approach in his organization.
Lim, G. T. (2004). My Story. Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan: Pelanduk Publications.
Miller, K. (2012). Organizational Communication Approaches and Processes (6th ed.). United States: Lyn Uhl.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Teams have been around for many years. It is vital for members who are a part of any team to work together so that their labor is not in vain. A major advantage for working cohesively as teams is greater output and interpersonal skills. The drawback of not working in uniformity can lead to project delays and time constraints. Organizations create teams with the purpose of fulfilling certain obligations and acquiring business success. Roming (1996) states that togetherness and dependability means that members within the team assist each other and the team.... [tags: Management, Leadership, The A-Team, Team]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- The essay will look at the main contributions teams can make to successful organization. In addition, the essay will converse about the conditions necessary in organization if employees are to work effectively in team. The motive for forming a team is that it allows individual to put equal quantity of effort and contribute to the welfare of the organization. This reduces work load and divides the work evenly to members. As a result, this allows individuals to perfect their work which is specified to them.... [tags: Team Work Human Resource Management]
1647 words (4.7 pages)
- Having a good leadership for a team allows the whole team to work efficiently and in a well-organized way. Further, leadership is an important function of management which helps to maximize efficiency and to achieve organizational goals. Since I am a leader for this week, I asked several questions to my group members in order to get specific feedback for my performances. First, my team members said that I am deeply engaging with them and can be reached all the time. I replied all the emails and text messages as soon as I can so that I could figure out all the problems and time conflicts that our team faced to.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Project team]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Leadership in Team Building Organizations today face many challenges that were not as prevalent decades ago. These challenges include workforce diversity, leadership style changes, ever-changing technology, and culture relevance to name a few. Organizations put emphasis on management and the effectiveness management has on those that work for them. In today’s philosophies, we shift from managers to leaders and from individuals to team based environments. Successful organizations realize that empowered employees can help make strategic decisions, especially in a team-based culture.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Team]
1315 words (3.8 pages)
- Project Teams It is really not an easy task to prepare an efficient project team. It requires lots of efforts, patience and expertise in identifying the right kind of people and to place them at the right job to get the maximum utilization and output. After reading all the five important steps to winning a project team, it can be said that all these steps need to carry out very carefully to get the best results. I believe that most easy step is to celebrate the success of the project. If a project is completed successfully, it is easy to give credit to all the teams for their hard work and dedication.... [tags: Project management, Team, Project manager]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Over the past seven weeks of being enrolled in the Team Leadership class, I have learned about the principles of teamwork and how the role of leadership in teams and Ethics in the Workplace can have a negative or positive effect on the team. In this summary paper, I’m going to be discussing teamwork theories in my workplace. The effectiveness of a team doesn’t happens through magical means. In this first section, my discussion will focus on the role of leadership within teams in any organization.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Employment, Team]
1051 words (3 pages)
- A few weeks ago, we discussed teamwork and I wrote about my graduate assistantship in the Undergraduate Admissions office and how this team puts on an event. For my third think piece, I would like to go more in depth into what makes this office the best team I have ever been on. Before I go into that, however, I would like to discuss the different teams I have been on in the past. Many I have mentioned before when discussing my leadership roles. Going into it, a team doesn 't have to be a large amount of people.... [tags: Management, Team, Leadership, Event planning]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Managing Effective Work Teams Abstract Many organizations today believe that the use of work teams will allow them to produce better products and provide better services, faster, and at lower costs. Using a work team approach can reinvigorate productivity and service provider motivation, and better position an organization to deal with a rapidly changing environment. However establishing effective work teams is not something that comes easy. Though, the benefits of effective work teams within an organization are very substantial, it takes alot of hard work and dedication on the part of management and team members to develop, implement and maintain effective work teams.... [tags: Research Papers Work Essays]
3514 words (10 pages)
- Abstract The focus of this paper is to show how communication is a very vital and important factor in a team’s success. I will cover how it helps to identify each individual team member’s role. I will discuss how team communication helps everyone in the team to understand the end goal, and I will also discuss how communication is a vital part of project planning within the team. The Importance of Team Communication Team dynamics is the unseen force that pulls and influences a team to act and react in a certain way, according to BusinessKnowledgeSource.com (2003).... [tags: Team Communication Group]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- Abstract Communication and trust are essential for teams to function properly and achieve their end goals. A frame for communication lines must be laid out in advance as well as a combined contract that defines what the team expects to accomplish as a whole as well as individually. Trust must be built up over time. Each team member must respect each other and follow through with assigned tasks to strengthen trust within the group. If communication and trust break down within a team, the team will not progress and will cease to function.... [tags: Team Organization Leader Management]
1389 words (4 pages)