The sophomore students from Bennett College for Women perform poorly due to :
a. Lack of motivation.
b. Their transition from high school students.
c. Other distractions in life (mainly about their social life).
d. Their learning styles.
METHODS AND PROCEDURE
The research was examined from the quantitative methodological approach. It provides a longitudinal description of which factors affects freshman at Bennett College, who are currently sophomores, academic success. In order to find out these factors, surveys and personal conversations were conducted to get factual information to support the thesis and analysis. This information was gathered for analyzing and calculation. Calculations provides solid evidence to p...
... middle of paper ...
...pondents were general in participation; constantly passed assignments; discovered time examining their lessons yet discovered their endeavors lacking.
There were all the more first years who fizzled in their school amid their first year.The discoveries additionally inferred that understudies don 't succeed in light of their absence of inspiration, the move from secondary school, diversions and their learning styles . The trouble raised due to the high passing score. Also, the discoveries propose that school disappointment possibly created by mental issues.
1. Instructors consider checking on the essential showing routines for a more sorted out lesson presentation.
2. Instructors consider utilizing fluctuated showing strategies like sorting out board work, utilizing more samples, drawings/representations, realistic coordinators, exhibits or
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Stress Among College Students Leaving home for the first time and going away for school can be very difficult for some people. In many cases for college freshmen this is their first time being away from their home and parents. Many times they get home sick and want to isolate themselves. They have to get into a new routine of going to school, and change can be very difficult. It is definitely hard to get into the swing of college. They have to navigate through classes in a new format while living away from all the comforts of parents.... [tags: College Students Education Stress Essays]
2013 words (5.8 pages)
- Safety on campus is a very serious issue for college students. According to a research by the office of postsecondary education, burglary is the most common crime on campus. According to the Campus Safety and Security website of the U.S. Department of Education, in 2014, 46 percent of the criminal offenses at Purdue are Burglary. College students feels a false sense of safety when they are surrounded by peers, this results in students leaving their rooms open or seldom locking their room. According to Purdue University’s annual security and fire safety report at 2013, identity theft would be extremely harmful to college students.... [tags: College, Dormitory, Safe deposit box, Bank]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- The cost of college is becoming an issue for most college students. It is no secret that a college education is expensive, and it just keeps rising. With the cost of college becoming outrageous and students are leaving college students with high amounts of debt. Some students can’t even afford college. That’s something that shouldn’t be happening. Colleges need to lower their tuition for college students. One college in mind is Lourdes University. Lourdes University is a small private institution, with a little over 1,500 students who are currently enrolled in the 2015 fall semester.... [tags: University, Higher education, Education, College]
709 words (2 pages)
- Many college students are coming out of college with massive amounts of debt. Leaving many college students in debt for the first years of their life outside of schooling. Having thought of this for a few years there are a few steps that you can take in high school to prepare yourself for the amount of money that college costs. I have talked to many of my fellow high school schoolmates and it is really surprising how many of them don 't know what they are going to major in, let alone know how they are going to afford college.... [tags: High school, College, Education, Student]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Leaving the Closet in College When I finally came out, I hadn’t planned or prepared to do so. Instead, this felt like a moment of impulse where I needed to let this secret out. Even though I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and I knew my parents would likely accept this, I remained terrified of their reaction and the reactions of everyone around me. The main reason I had the courage to come out was because I knew I would get a fresh start two months later when I started college 2,800 miles away from everyone I knew.... [tags: LGBT, Sexual orientation, Coming out, Bisexuality]
1217 words (3.5 pages)
- BeeFriends Service Project Leaving home for college is a very scary thing for anyone. Leaving your own country for college is something that is even scarier. In the BeeFriends service project for my fall Interpersonal Communications class I, with a partner from my class, were required to have two international students as our partners. We were required to spend a minimum of eight hours with them, getting to know them and learning about their culture and how it relates to ours. My BeeFriends partners were Sarah Wurster, Sam Aitken, and Jack Edwards.... [tags: Culture, Sociology, Cross-cultural communication]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- Stress in the western academic environment is a well-known fact of life, with suicide being the second leading cause of death, with an estimated 1,088 suicides occurring on campuses each year. (Potter, Silverman, Connorton, & Posner, 2004). Although the suicide rate of college students is only about half the national rate for a sample matched by age, gender, and race, suicide and attempted suicide are the tip of the iceberg of a larger mental health and substance abuse problem among college students.... [tags: Japan, Japanese language, Katakana]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- Leaving for College Dear Parent, As you know, college is well under way for your child. We here at the Struggling College Students of America realize that times are tough for you with the emotional loss and financial loss of your child's college experience. You know how hard it is when your first starting out. It can be really tough, facing a massive change that your child has gone through. I've often heard it compared to the change from crawling to walking.... [tags: Papers]
380 words (1.1 pages)
- When a student gets out of college the game plan is supposed to be, get a job in the field that you went to school for and make money so you can start your life. That particular situation is rare considering not all students get a job fresh out of college. For the students that don’t, they have to go back home and settle for a regular job and start paying off their giant student loans and put their life on hold. Even with having the job they wanted the student loans come right around the corner.... [tags: College, Higher education, High school, Debt]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- Pay For Play Today, sports are no longer fun and games, sports are a business, and college sports are no different. College sports provide a huge source of universities’ income. The school takes in money from ticket sales, television contracts, and sport-related merchandise, just to name a few. The athletes, however, receive their scholarship and little more. While the prospect of receiving a free college education is something few would complain about, when the issue is more closely examined it becomes evident that it is not enough.... [tags: University, College, Higher education]
2174 words (6.2 pages)