In the process of being back in school for the first three weeks, I was told that I would have to undergo multiple surgeries for all my medical issues concerning my spine. The first one scheduled just before my second class and there was no way around it. Although I made arrangements through the school and work, I knew I was going to have it hard with the pain medication, physical limitations, the other surgeries to come, and keepin...
... middle of paper ...
...ving force for what will become of me after retirement from the Air Force. For instance, it will give me confidence and assurance that I will be marketable in the civilian job market. My hope is to one day after retirement, become a civilian manager under the military overseas. This would not only give me a satisfying job but will enable me to still give back to the younger generation in the military.
Going back to school has been a stressful yet fulfilling experience, giving me an edge over present and future goals. It has opened my mind up to more possibilities and given me hope for a better future. I believe that even though there was and will be more stressors, it is what is to be considered good stressors. By doing this, I also think after my BA in Organizational Business Management, I will continue on to achieve a masters degree and broaden my education.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Reward Systems Reward systems are used in classroom around the world to help encourage students to reach their highest potential. Rewards are enforcers of behavior and come in many shapes, sizes, and some are not even visible at all. Teachers use these as incentives to engage their students and help control student behavior. However, one form of reward may not work for every student nor are they guaranteed to work all the time. This is why it is important to know the strengths and weaknesses of the different reward systems so that teachers can adequately utilize them in their classes.... [tags: Reward system, Motivation, Education]
1647 words (4.7 pages)
- “On average, teens reported their stress level was at 5.8 on a 10-point scale, compared with 5.1 for most adults.” (NBC News) If I were to rate my stress level during the school year I would give myself a four or a seven. The differences between my stress levels depend on what time of year it is. During the school year, my stress levels are more likely to progress into higher integers unlike the small levels I maintain in the summer. Homework, tests, and essays – these are just a few examples of what I stress about during the school year.... [tags: Anxiety, High school, College, Stress]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Wanting to return to school has been a dream for a long time. I am starting out a little late, at 45 years old, but I have finally found my passion, working in education. Since the age of thirteen, I have been working multiple jobs day and night, only to still be below the poverty line; stuck in survival mode for so long now that I need to have a permanent positive change that will help me accomplish more than I ever have. The reason for me going back to school is to get certified so I may become a teacher.... [tags: nontraditional students, college, ]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- This essay is a reflection on identifying, discussing and applying useful resources available to me as a returning adult student to help me perform and succeed in an online academic environment. There are three key areas of impact: stress, time management and wellness and throughout the essay I will reference two great articles on adult learning, my decision to join the gym and my results from the Holmes-Rahe Life Stress Inventory.5 By looking at stress, time management and wellness along with having candid feedback from my professor, helpful guidelines and support I will reflect on having resources on hand as an adult online student.... [tags: stress, time management, wellness, education]
920 words (2.6 pages)
- Reward system Reward system policy often view from the organization’s perspective where the economic needs of the firms take precedence over the individual. Under this outline, costly reward system and limited reward system will be wasted or misapplied because they are not valued by employees. Organization will see that what is important is not whether a reward system program look great on the paper or considered a state of the art reward program, but is going to be measure by or not the employees wanted the reward and they are willing to work toward a desired result to receive it.... [tags: Globalization, Culture, Reward system]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Everyone has felt the weight of the world coming down on them at some point in their life. Whether they knew it or not this is a symptom of suffering from stress. Throughout this paper I will be discussing stress factors, types of stress, stress disorders and ultimately how to cope with stress. Stress can result in psychological, physiological, and sociological effects. By definition, stress is any uncomfortable "emotional experience accompanied by predictable biochemical, physiological and behavioral changes.”(Baum 1990) There are three levels of stress; acute, episodic, and chronic.... [tags: Posttraumatic stress disorder, Stress]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- As a college student and as a human it is normal to be stressed, everyone has different things to stress about and how they handle it. Well knowing that I have to try to write a fairly good essay it’s just another thing to be stressed about. I took all 3 of the surveys about stress because I felt I wanted to completely understand how much I am stressed and how I respond to stress. Before I took the test I thought I was going to be way more stressed than normal because it felt like it. After taking the “stressed out” test I discovered that my stress was at a normal/average level.... [tags: Physical exercise, Exercise, Stress]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- High School Stress Levels Surveys show today’s high school students are experiencing high stress level, causing irritability and fatigue, which hinders their academics and athletics severely. Professionals believe pressure from teacher expectations cause the academic pressure students’ exhibit. Students receive an excessive amount of classwork and homework, which are lead to believe to be a triggering factor to academic pressure causing exceptionally high stress levels. High school students today receive an excessive amount of work, which does not allow students to concentrate on anything else except for their studies.... [tags: High school, College, School terminology]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Many people in high school, mostly teens, experience dozens of pressure in their life. To be specific, Schoolwork. Most teens want to excel in school, but want to have a social life or play some kind of sport. One thing that teens don’t understand is that once you’re out of high school, you have college, and then maybe graduate school. Our education will not be over just in High School. You have to work hard and these four years of your life, will impact everything that you do. If you mess up even once, it may ruin everything.... [tags: Stress]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Reward Management (RM) has been defined as the distribution of monetary and non-monetary rewards to employees in an effort to align the interests of the employees, the organisation, and its shareholders (O’Neil, 1998). In addition O’Neil (1998) also suggests that a RM system can serve the purpose of attracting prospective job applicants, retaining valuable employees, motivating employees, ensuring legal requirements relating to direct and indirect rewards are not violated, assisting the company in achieving human resource and business objectives, and ultimately assisting the organisation in obtaining a competitive advantage.... [tags: Reward Systems RM]
3615 words (10.3 pages)