I would consider myself to be a relatively decent communicator, I love interacting with people and socializing, this is why I decided to become an organizational communication major in the first place. Throughout this COMM201 course I have learned though that there is much to communication that talking and being able to carry o...
... middle of paper ...
... closer to my goal as an effective communicator.
As said in the beginning communication is important for everyday life and we all need to recognize what we can do to improve our communication skills but we also need to be efficient on recognizing the communication skill we are good at so we can put them to use. I am glad that this course has taught me so much about communication and how important it is. Without this class I probably would have not been able to point out the weaknesses I have, therefore; I would not be able to work towards making myself better. Not only that but I would have known how to put my strengths to good use. Now that I know what I need to do to improve and to better myself as a communicator I plan to make those changes and become the best communicator I can be, not just for my benefit, but for the benefit of the people I communicate with.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Generally, strategic management is a set of managerial decisions and actions that determines the long-term performance of a company, involving both internal and external environmental scanning, strategy formulation, strategy implementation, and evaluation and control. According to the study of strategic management, the corporation should concentrate on monitoring and appraising outside opportunities and threats based on an organization’s strengths and weaknesses (Thomas Wheelen and David Hunger, 2012).... [tags: Strategic management, Management]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- Like any organization, AutoZone creates performance evaluations daily, monthly, quarterly, and the annual reporting of the organizations performances are identified in what is known as SWOT analysis. This analysis refers to the strengths and weaknesses the company can address and the opportunities and threats that exist in the given market. The strength and weaknesses are the organizations ways of analyzing internal issues and exploiting strengths while the organization tries to address the weaknesses as it relates to competitors in the industry.... [tags: Strategic management, SWOT analysis, Organization]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Strengths of programmatic communication As per definition, one of the emphases of programmatic approach is the consistency of the communication message sent from the top management to make sure that the messages every employee receives are identical. This proves to be advantageous to organizational change in the sense that it can quickly give every employee “fair notice of the change and not catching anyone by surprise later” (Lewis et al (2001)) without having to spend a lot of organizational resources to disseminate the information.... [tags: Communication, Organization, Message]
1472 words (4.2 pages)
- After reviewing the strengths and weaknesses of the resumes, we have decided who to interview based on our criteria of organization, leadership, management and interpersonal skills, customer service experience, and adaptability. Through resume screening, a process of sorting through the resumes and examining them to see who would be the most qualified candidates for the position (Crawford, 2016). In other words, we have decided go through the resumes we received and weigh each candidates’ strengths and weaknesses.... [tags: Customer service, Employment, Sales, Management]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- Core competencies are those traits, strengths, skills and attributes that employees need to possess in order to perform their jobs most effectively (smallbusiness.chron). The core competencies are expected to be demonstrated by the employee in order to carry out the mission and goals of the organization. These will be different based on the specific position within the organization. Employees will come with a certain set of core competencies and others can be learned and developed on the job.... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Leadership]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Organization Strategic Planning Organization planning is an attempt by a manager, with or without the assistance of a resource consultant, to improve the performance of an organization by systematically analyzing and, if indicated, changing one or more of four basic organizational elements: (I) The fundamental structure; (2) The design of positions; (3) The allocation of power; (4) The staffing of key positions in the organization. Any top manager can become a more effective organization planner.... [tags: Management, Organization, Structure, Planning]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- The organization needs to convert the Threats into Opportunities and Weaknesses into Strengths. Example; partner with our competition will open a new and a different way to think and create space for the innovation, moving an employee, unstructured and self-deprecating of an organizational task that it does wrong on production and certainly will affect the customers. Another way to improve the change of environment its respect each other, every person has the right to work and the duty to work. The state shall ensure the adoption of necessary measures at the end that any person may obtain productive employment, provide a decent life and existence and to guarantee the full exercise of this ri... [tags: Employment, Human, Natural environment]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- Personality traits can be manifested as strengths or weaknesses depending on the situation, and personality tests can help individuals maximize strengths and minimize weaknesses within the organizational structure. Organizational behavior is critical to organizational effectiveness, and these tests can also point individuals toward certain careers or organizations that are good fits. Pearson Education’s MyManagementLab (2016) contains a series of personality tests and the following discussion analyzes the results of these tests as they apply to my personality and my career.... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality test]
1319 words (3.8 pages)
- Brainstorming is an effective technique that combines people with knowledge of a variable, to share ideas and thoughts on the matter. Statistical modeling and the use of six sigma are technique that tries to discover factors that link two or more time series together historical trends to historical data collections. Delphi technique collects opinions of professional’s experts through survey to determine possibility of specific events. Utilizing these techniques, the strategic management process can evaluate and forecast on future of more detailed and complete formats.... [tags: Business Analysis]
707 words (2 pages)
- ... The policy also states that compensation assessed to be of value greater than $10,000 per annum, would be scaled back to the correct rate of pay. With this news I became concerned about how this re-assessment would be received by the manager impacted and the message the organization would be sending with it. I expressed my concern to the HR Director and my boss, as I believed that the employee in question would be negatively impacted by the organizational assessment and policy, and that we were dealing with an employee that had an excellent performance record and many years of service.... [tags: strengths and weaknesses]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- The International Leadership Forum For Women With Disabilities As A Representative Of Whirlwind Women
- Older Women 's Negotiation Of Aging And Oldness By Laura Hurd
- A More Perfect Constitution By Larry Sabato
- The Effects Of Television On Children 's Health Risks
- The Gender Stereotypes Against Women
- The Music Industry Has Affected By The Internet