Skills and abilities are nothing compared to hard work and determination, and a positive attitude. It has been said that if you want to achieve something; you have to do your best to get it. You can’t just sit around and wait for it to come. You have to work and live your life, for you to achieve it. Salome once told his students, “If your mind can conceive and your heart can believe, you can achieve.” In addition to these words, he said “There is only one person capable of preventing you from reaching your goals, that person...
... middle of paper ...
... if not because of the guidance and support of his teachers and especially his mother.” The same thing applies to his students. His students became successful, because Mr. Salome Thomas-EL was a great teacher; he cared, enlightened and guided his students to the right path.
All of us have God-given abilities. And this “gift” needs to be opened, cherished and nurtured for it to be of great help in our journey of life. To succeed in life, the first thing we need to have is determination. Once we have the determination, what we need to do next is to manage and treasure the time that has been given to us. And after we have achieved those, the third thing that we need to have is a firm and strong support system. When we have all these three things with us, it would be much easier for us to succeed. What we need to succeed are merely sugar, spice and everything nice.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- "On the Road"- a success. So much open space- mile after mile of cities, towns, Waffle Houses, and a whole lot of whatnot. There's such a feeling of freedom on a road trip, just sticking your head out the window to let the breeze of every place that passes, cover your face. So much is taken in, yet so little, you find it's hard to stop to sleep or feed yourself. You're driving to get somewhere, but that somewhere doesn't matter, all that matters is driving and letting the wind take you.... [tags: essays research papers]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- ... Marvel actually struggled with its creation, but managed to pull through to become the big success that it is today. The recognized name was at first what one would call a copycat; whatever stories were selling Marvel would sell, too. As a founder of the company put it “whatever other people were selling, we would do the same thing… I liked to come up with my own stuff, but I was getting paid”(qtd. in Lacter). If originality was not a conflict, competition certainly was. During the 1940’s DC Comics was America’s top mark in the comic industry with the creation of original superheroes and plots, such as Superman.... [tags: super-heroes, x-men, depression]
646 words (1.8 pages)
- Destiny, brought the book True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership into my life and I want to bring it into the lives of others. More specifically those who may believe they weren’t born with the characteristics or traits to become a leader or those who have not found their passion or purpose in life; their “True North.” The book, written by Bill George and co-author Peter Sims, compiles a series of interviews with 125 managers from Howard Schultz of Starbuck’s to Dan Vasella of Novartis. The interviewees guide readers through their journey to become the leaders they are today; discussing their failures, successes, obstacles, personal tragedies and triumphs.... [tags: Bill George]
1778 words (5.1 pages)
- When it came down to choosing a book from the choices provided, I just had to select Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. This is a great book to read if you are having financial trouble in your life or if you are just need some motivation to get you going in the right path. Napoleon Hill is a acclaimed author who teaches you in this book the 13 success principles used by the great success stories of the early 20th-century. Napoleon Hill interviewed with William Wrigley, Alexander Graham Bell, Andrew Carnegie and 500 others.... [tags: Book Reviews]
1528 words (4.4 pages)
- ... Mahashweta Devi’s The why-why girl is a tale about a curious tribal girl. Mariam Karim Ahlawat’s Putul and the Dolphins and The King and the Kiang are about the relationship that is shared by men and nature. Anushka Ravishankar, Paro Anand, T.V Padma, Ramendra Kumar, Suniti Namjoshi and Ranjit Lal are the most prominent names in the field. Anushka who is primarily a writer of non-sensical fiction which is the most preferred genre by the kids switched on a creative spark in reinventing the old stories in The Story Teller: Tales from the Arabian Nights while still staying true to the original because as she says they have been “told, retold, televised and made into films” (Vijaykumar).... [tags: children´s book, young adults, wizards, ]
1882 words (5.4 pages)
- Book Review: Forbes Greatest Business Stories of All Time It would be an understatement to say that the twenty figures presented in Gross's Forbes Greatest Business Stories of All Time are success stories. These people have molded and shaped the way we live our everyday lives through their incredible achievements. Imagine starting with only a vision, while lacking the financial resources and personnel to make that dream a reality. This was the case for most of the entrepreneurs presented in this book.... [tags: Business Forbes Book Review]
1734 words (5 pages)
- I like to write. As a matter of fact, I love to write. I have kept a diary since I was twelve, written and submitted articles to local magazines (none of which have ever been published), even written a book that I plan to publish electronically one of these days. You would think that with writing being such an important part of my life, I would be pursuing a degree in English and a professional writing career. Yet, with the advice of my family and peers and in the interest of financial security, I have chosen to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Accounting.... [tags: salary, education, success]
626 words (1.8 pages)
- Patrick Combs’ book, Major in Success is a very useful guide for college students and young adults that are interested in furthering their careers and futures. Comb stresses the importance of extraordinary drive and how it can lead to greatness. I found this book very useful because Comb focuses his book around four ways that students can follow to become successful after college that we also focused on in class as well. Comb argues the idea that one must find their passions in order to become successful by stressing that: it is important to admit one’s interests to find out what they like to do, it is beneficial to find one’s true aspirations so that they can narrow down their interests, i... [tags: book review]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- In making stories: Law, Literature, Life, Jerome Brunner drives one to contemplate about the characteristics of stories, but also to consider the various ways one uses them to sail across the predicament of a human beings experiences. Narratives are set to be congenital and one understands allegedly how they work. We hardly take the time to think on how our narratives or whoever’s, constrain us, and why chronicles have the power to overhaul our beliefs as well as get in the way of our intellect, or how they brunt our humanoid institutions.... [tags: characteristics of stories]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Most people commonly describe success, as being wealthy in life. This is not the meaning entirely, the definition of success is simple. A person is successful, if he or she has very good payment at his or her work and if he or she is happy with the job, they are doing. Education really leads to success. If a person has good education, he or she can choose their careers and be successful at it. Education is a form of learning in which the knowledge and skills is being transferred from a group of people to another or from a generation to the next, through teaching and training.... [tags: wealthy, academic success]
1891 words (5.4 pages)