... middle of paper ...
...my listening skills to polish them and to use them effectively, when required. I am really thankful to this quarter for teaching me the best parts of becoming a peer counselor, and by having a good eye contact, I would be able to make my freinds feel satisfied about the solution of their problems. With my ability of problem solving, I would be able to solve the significant problems without even sharing the personal experiences and personal information. Finally, I enjoyed the time of peer counseling classes and I get the opportunity to learn different new things and abilities about the peer counseling and about different professional activities. Thus, the classes were very effective and helpful for me because I learn different new skills and abilities about the interpersonal communicational skills. In my opinion, this class helped me effectively for developing myself.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Becoming a Mental Health Counselor for a patient with HIV/Aids is a position of dignity that can be often skewed or unwarranted due to the negative realm our society has placed upon the diagnosis. The main function of the HIV/Aids counselor is to be supportive of his or her infected and affected clients, to listen to their problems and to empower them to solve their problems and better their lives. These abilities can come easy for some; harder for others. I, as an HIV/Aids counselor, will embrace my future clients that seek my services.... [tags: Counseling ]
1043 words (3 pages)
- HS 43 Term Paper 4 Core functions of a Substance Abuse Counselor By Roslyn Smith Introduction This paper will discuss the following 4 Core Functions of a Counselor: Case Management, Client Education, Crisis Intervention, Referral and their primary purposes. Discussion Case Management According to IC & RC, Case Management is defined as, “activities intended to bring services, agencies, resources, or people together within a planned framework of action toward the achievement of established goals.... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Management, Drug abuse]
1840 words (5.3 pages)
- Career Intervention Program Design Introduction The implementation of career interventions is an important process that helps students to choose the career path that best suits their needs, goals, and desires. Unfortunately, Niles and Harris-Bowlsbey (2013) state that many students are not very enthusiastic about participating in career intervention programs (p.3). It is imperative that schools incorporate career intervention into their comprehensive counseling program because it is an essential component of helping students to be successful.... [tags: High school, College, School counselor]
1802 words (5.1 pages)
- As the semester comes down to an end, I have realized how much I have grown. My knowledge for play therapy was not as large as it is now. I am so thankful that I was able to be in this class and learn what I have learned. The skill set I have gained has helped me tremendously with my practice. When looking back over the course as an entity, I enjoyed the videos and reflections. I feel I have learned the most through this homework assignment. The videos gave me the opportunity to be able to put the techniques I learned to action.... [tags: Learning, Play, School counselor, Skill]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- Abstract In this paper, it will be explored the meaning behind the ASCA national model, its importance, and how it will shape the counselors to be. As a counselor in training, it was understood the ASCA national model is a guideline for professional school counselors to be more productive and sufficient in the workplace. Therefore, as a trainee it is vital to grasp and implement these four components: foundation, management system, delivery system, and accountability. Keywords: ASCA, Model, Development, accountability, system, and Counselors.... [tags: School counselor, Education, College, High school]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- During the course of this semester; the variety of writing styles and essays assigned to me in my communication skills class encouraged the development of my writing skills, as well as provided me with more self-assurance in my abilities. My writing, research, and presentation abilities enhanced through practice, determination, and the understanding I gained during this course. With every single writing assignment, I learned new innovative approaches and skills, which enhanced my abilities to improve my thoughts logically, enabling me to write more clearly, and to organize my papers more effectively.... [tags: writing styles, skills and presentation abilities]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Leadership demands for skills, and abilities to address responsibilities of today’s challenges while thinking ahead into the future. Mehmet Karaarslan puts it in better words “Leadership is an interpersonal influence process of setting direction and inspiring others to achieve goals.” He has delineated eight tips of effective leadership values to build the “capabilities and performances of People” on the video. 1. Be proactive: being a proactive leader facilitates for a long and lasting impact on an organization.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Positive psychology, Term]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- A professional school counselor is skilled and trained to use his/her best judgment when it comes to students’ rights and confidentiality. One should behave as a professional at all times and be mindful of their behavior. One not only have to be aware of professional values they should also be knowledgeable of applying these standards as they apply to the role of the school counselor. The professional school counselor is responsible for removing barriers to learning and to advocate for change for all students.... [tags: School counselor, Education, Ethics]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- What role do you believe a counselor should take in closing the achievement gap. Is this an issue strictly for teachers and administrators. What specific strategies could a counselor use to be a part of closing the achievement gap. Use information from the required reading (as well as other research you can find), but also try to be creative and think of a strategy in addition to the ones you have read. Locate, read, and cite at least three journal articles in your response to these assignments.... [tags: teaching, leadership, guidance counselors]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- III. Aspirations A. Comment at length regarding why you want to receive preparation as a counselor. I want to retrieve preparation as a school counselor because it would be very rewarding career. High school was a crucial point in my life because there were many teachers, coaches, and counselors that were vital toward my development. Many of these faculty members became role models and major inspirations to me. My counselor in high school was particularly inspiring to me because he connected with me, coached me in athletics, and guided me toward success.... [tags: School counselor, High school]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Why Are People Malnourished On The Richest Country On Earth?
- Marx 's Theory Of Alienation
- The Work Of Ida Jean Orlando And Her Deliberative Nursing Process Theory
- The Psychological Disorder Within Movies
- Bullying : The Acceptable Halt On Unacceptable Treatment
- Evaluation Is The Most Important Part Of Employee Development?