Walt Disney once said, “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” What are aspirations? Aspirations are ambitious desires. For example, when I mature into a woman, I aspire to be a corporate lawyer. A corporate lawyer practices law confined to the legal affairs of a corporation. Corporate lawyers advise individuals on how to operate business concerns while remaining inside the margins of legality. They also defend clients who find themselves the subject of lawsuits or criminal charges from their business activities. A corporate lawyer might be in private practice representing many corporate or business clients, or employed by one firm to work solely on their behalf. Corporate lawyers specialize in multiple aspects of the law and how it pertains to their business. This can include contracts and negotiations, securities and tax law, code compliance, intellectual property, bankruptcy, financial reporting, and a whole host of other specializations. I plan to become a corporate lawyer, achieving short term career goals, lawyers are beneficial to society in various ways, participating in the 2014 Shadow an Executive Program will aid me with deciding my career decisions, and spending time with an individual in my field of work will also help with learning more about law.
While working as a corporate lawyer my plans are to become an expert at what I do, develop friendships with my co-workers, learn how to attract more business for the company, work to the best of my ability, and to build my own brand years after understanding the basics to law and perfecting my craft. Adhering to these skills will help create a better, well-rounded lawyer in myself. My decision to pursue...
... middle of paper ...
... decisions, and spending time with an individual in my field of work will also help with learning more about law. Job shadowing affords students the opportunity to gain experience from other employees, observing their work and learn on the job. It helps people gain a deeper understanding of the work environment, its demands, stress, and possible avenues of growth. Shadowing an expertise in your field of interest has its perks. Such perks include; networking, getting answers to any questions that may have, and first-hand knowledge about your field of work. By shadowing an expertise, you can help jump start your career faster. Walt Disney previously stated, “If you can dream it you can do it.” Law has always been a career choice of mines ever since my adolescent days. I too believe as Walt Disney, my dreams will come true because I have the courage to pursue them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Succession Planning: Informal and Formal Methods Nowadays, succession planning is a must for all organization sizes. Unfortunately, businesses allow barriers to be their excuse in not formalizing a succession planning. As a result, firms will produce an informal process for short-term purposes and forgot to come up with solutions for long-term problems. Overall, succession planning must involve the very top, the board of directors, and have human resources (HR) aid in advancing tomorrow’s leaders for today’s roles.... [tags: Management, Chief executive officer]
773 words (2.2 pages)
- CEO compensations are awards and incentives given to the chief executive officers of companies. These awards could either be in the form of cash or in non-monetary forms. For instance, some executives are awarded huge numbers of shares in a company or are allowed to purchase the shares on their own but at subsidized prices. The sum of reimbursement on compensation to any chief executive officer is decided on by the board of directors to that particular company (Sam Ashe-Edmunds, 2014). The last few decades have seen dramatic and outrageous rises in executive compensations.... [tags: Chief executive officer, Executive officer]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- In the Shadow of the Moon is a film about the most beautiful and incredible adventure in human history. It narrates the story of 12 fortunate American men who were able to walk upon the moon surface. They were the first human beings to stand on another world. The film reveals the astronauts experiences and memories for stepping on the moon. They share their stories, feelings, toughs and joy for stepping on the moon and travel through space. The film also portrays the beautiful scenes of the earth and the moon taken from space.... [tags: Apollo 11, Neil Armstrong, Moon, Apollo program]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- The 2014 Peace-builders Program is put on by the Edmonton based non-profit human rights education organization known as the John Humphrey’s Centre. The JHC’s major focus is on community empowerment and engagement with an aims at advancing and promoting peace, democracy and human rights. The centre is named after John Peters Humphrey, the principle drafter of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights (Morsink, 5). This past January I joined one of the annual programs put on by the John Humphrey’s Centre called the Peace-builders Program.... [tags: human rights, jewish, muslims]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- The Evolution of Executive Compensation from The Early 20th Century to Today Executive compensation has been studied for many years. While the average person probably does not think about it on a daily basis, it is necessary to watch trends. Tracking the amount of money they make as well as the bonuses, stock options, and other benefits shows how these executives are making such high rates of pay compared to the ordinary worker. Tracking how much an executive makes began in the 1930’s. Since this time not only has it been tracked but there have been many changes in the type of tracking, the tax laws and what is available as compensation.... [tags: executive pay, customization, differentiation]
922 words (2.6 pages)
- Work Environment and Duties: Chief Executive Officers The duties of a Chief Executive Officer range from planning, directing, and coordinating operational activities to ensure the company meets its goals. The CEO reports to the board of trustees or to the owner of the organization. The duties of the CEO of an organization range depending on the size of the organization which means that they typically work more than 40 hours per week. Their duties consist of the following but are not limited to: • direct and oversee finances and budgets • manage general activities to ensure the product or service they offer is being done correctly • oversee the work of other executives who direct the activiti... [tags: Chief executive officer, Executive officer]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
The Relationship Between Executive Compensation And The Sustainable Future Of The Respective Organizations
- The main objective of this study is to Identify and analyze the relationship between executive compensation and the sustainable future of the respective organizations as a result of granting these compensations. This is considered in a broader scale where not only the company but also the employees and the stakeholders of the company are considered. Before proceeding into details it is worthy to understand what an Executive compensation is. Executive compensation or executive pay is composed of the financial compensation and other non-financial awards received by an executive from their firm for their service to the organization.... [tags: Management, Executive compensation]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Guo & Feng (2014) explains that a culture has set of elongated held values, beliefs, expectations, and practices shared by a group that signifies what is important and influences how an organization operates. Therefore, a culture is a consequence of customs, traditions, ideals, ethos, values, and norms of conduct that have existed for many years. Thus, a culture promotes certain norms of conduct, and leaders who manage operations are affected by their law of the land, require the highest level of individual and organizational discipline along with moral values.... [tags: Culture, Sociology, Organization, The Culture]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- The Shadow on the Stone by Hardy A man stands in front of a druid stone just as a reader stares at a brooding poem of love lost and fonder days remembered. “The Shadow on the Stone” gives insight into the psyche of Hardy after his first wife’s death, yet how does someone come to such a conclusion. Through the understanding of the strategic usage of several literary and poetic devices his audience is able to discern their pertinence to the comprehension of Hardy’s message. This poem is not necessarily difficult for the average reader to grasp, its value as a work of poetic prowess is found in the power of impression.... [tags: Shadow Stone Hardy Essays]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Compensation and the Chief Executive Officer Executive compensation has come under increasing scrutiny in recent literature in the wake of the growing publicity surrounding managerial failures and executive self-interest. Financial experts have long been examining the problem of aligning the performance of executives with their salaries and benefits. Public discontent with the visible top-heaviness of the compensation structure has brought this issue into the spotlight throughout the business world.... [tags: Executive Compensation and Social Responsibility]
2389 words (6.8 pages)