My story of the past and present. (Who I am?)
Educational achievements are the part of the success in one’s life. College is the platforms to show ability and to expose knowing the world. As a part of getting in the college education, I am getting prepared since last twelve years to explore the challenges by avoiding procrastination and getting passionate about things I like and are helpful with the part of the college education. I am challenging myself by taking a broad range of classes in the beginning.
As long as I remember, I have been a bright student who had always wanted to move forward with enthusiasm and ambitions. I have been hardworking, intelligent, and a self-reliant person. I was a good leader among my colleagues. Science and Mathematics had always been a passion for me. Mathematics, Science, Global culture, Politics and law had always been my best interest as it is now too. I want to move forward and want to end up with either doctor or an engineer.
There’s nothing I love better than mastering a skill or gaining a new piece of knowledge. I find learning to be one of the few vices in life that are both addictive and good for me. Considering I often indulge in those other vices that aren’t really in my best interest, I try to get a big dose of education as often as I can. As much as I may love education, I’d much rather learn something new than doing anything else.
I was born eighteen years ago in refugee camp in Nepal. I have three siblings who were born before me. My parents were forcefully evicted from their motherland Bhutan due to ethnic cleansing sponsored by government of Bhutan. After that tragedy, my parents stayed in refugee camps back in Nepal for more than seventeen years. Refu...
... middle of paper ...
...eelings. I found difficulties putting my memories into words. I prefer them to call extreme feeling memories.
I am thinking about the spirit or soul of a place changing over time. I have changed in what I like about places. I am feeling earthy and intense. My soul of the place of my home changed as I changed my spirit or soul of a place changes over time. I need to reflect more on my beliefs of whether the soul changes over time. My idea of a good time is settling down with a great book talking to myself. People have caught me doing it even when I don't realize I'm doing it. I love myself, so I laugh.
America has given me a hope to fulfill my dreams. I am working hard to achieve my goal, which is to be able to be either doctor or an engineer. I am moving on with the same enthusiasm, and patience. I just need a chance or will create chance to prove myself.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Educational Technology Autobiography My experience with educational technology from K-12 to post-secondary education: The very first form of educational technology that I encountered was the use of the overhead in the first grade. In the third grade I was moved to a gifted and talented Math class; therefore, allowing my fellow classmates and myself access to a computer lab that contained seven apple computers. Every Friday we were allotted fifteen to twenty minutes on these computers to play Number Munchers and Oregon Trail.... [tags: essays papers]
1540 words (4.4 pages)
- Personal information and extra-curricular activities I am good at many fields and have been involved in various kinds of extra-curricular activities. I love to sing and I have been in chorus since third grade in elementary school. I am now in a special class for chorus in Taipei Municiple Zhongshan Girls High School and our chorus has won many awards in different competitions. Besides music, I have also been good at sports since elementary school, when I attended many running events and city wide competitions.... [tags: scientist, sing, student, international]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Me: Stories of My Life by Katherine Hepburn Katherine Hepburn is one of old Hollywood’s most unique and memorable stars. Her acting career lasted almost seventy years, earning her numerous awards including four Academy Awards, the most for any female actor. She has written two books, The Making of the African Queen in 1987 and Me: Stories of My Life in 1991. Katherine Hepburn was an independent, forward thinking individual, whose ideas were nurtured by her very large family. She was born on May 12, 1907 in Hartford, Connecticut.... [tags: Biography]
1408 words (4 pages)
- My aspiration toward a better education starts all the way back to when I started school in Russia. Out of the short educational experience that I had in Russia, I remember that almost everybody wanted to be the straight-A student (or straight-"5" by Russian grading). That, combined with the constant pressure from my family helped me get excited about school and made me want to learn. My education in Russia was cut short, however, when we moved to the United States. In the United States, education is a bit different from Russia.... [tags: Autobiography]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- The intention of this rationale is to discuss the value of implementing global education into the school’s Study of Society senior work program. Therefore, this rationale will outline the focus of the curriculum initiative, address its significance, demonstrate how to implement the initiative into Study of Society, and why senior students would find it interesting and worthwhile. To address these areas the rationale will draw on the initiative itself, and will apply the initiative to the Study of Society senior syllabus (Queensland Board of Senior Secondary School Studies [QBSSSS], 2000) and Melbourne Declaration on Educational Goals for Young Australians (Ministerial Council on Education, E... [tags: Education ]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- A multitude of significant legal and societal issues face individuals and groups alike in Australian society on a day-to-day basis. Henceforth, by notion, as the name suggests, Legal Studies is intended to provide the opportunity for students in their Senior years of schooling to develop knowledge and apply tangible skills, as well as form attitudes and values that are necessary to enhance their awareness and ability to participate actively as informed, proactive and critical members of a democratic society (Queensland Studies Authority, 2007).... [tags: Education ]
1684 words (4.8 pages)
- Various significant and sometimes contentious legal and societal issues face individuals and groups alike in Australian society in everyday life. By notion, Legal Studies is then intended as an opportunity for students in their senior years of schooling to develop knowledge and tangible skills, as well as shape the values, attitudes and beliefs necessary to enhance their awareness and ability to participate actively as informed, proactive and critical members of society (Queensland Studies Authority, 2007).... [tags: Education ]
1467 words (4.2 pages)
- As a species, humanity, henceforth, people, will never go out of business, but as individuals and specified groups, people can and will fail, because people don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan. In the modern society, it has become mandatory that all high school seniors are required to complete and present a “Senior Project,” to show the world that they can be taken seriously. Covering these points will include: what the project is, examples of different advocators of the project, and the different viewpoints of why it is useful verses why it is not.... [tags: high school, culminating proyect, seniors]
1520 words (4.3 pages)
- I was once told I had the world in my hands by my vice principal. The reason for his statement was because I was a Hispanic young woman with above average grades, and my involvement in extracurricular activities. Why was being a Hispanic young woman so much more special. This is where the harsh reality set in; Hispanic women have the tendency to not achieve their goals. Unfortunately, when you evaluate Hispanic women most likely they did not go to college, or even graduate high school. There may be many factors that determine their circumstance.... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
612 words (1.7 pages)
- I’m an Aquarian by birth, but I’ve never been one to put too much emphasis on astrological signs. However, I am a water baby. I was born and raised on the Gulf Coast of Florida. I learned to swim before I could walk, I learned to fish before I could talk, and I learned to ski before I was riding a bike. I can’t remember a time when water wasn’t a part of my life. I grew up canoeing the bays and lakes and tubing the rivers and creeks. I even took up surfing for a few years until I got cracked in the head and almost drown.... [tags: Autobiography Personal Narrative]
1193 words (3.4 pages)