Recreation Program and Leadership Rec 702
1) What area of course content do you believe will be the most useful in your professional career? Why do you believe this? How do you think you think this will be useful?
The entire course content including envisioning, developing and implementing a recreation program, as well as preparing a grant application will be most useful in my professional career. Each component is important and necessary to create an effective recreation program that will enable the participants to have a fulfilled leisure experience and improve their quality of life. This will be useful in my professional career because I gained a good sense the value of leisure education, conducting a needs assessment and implementing programs based on the participants needs as well as evaluating the program for effectiveness. Most organizations depend on grants to fund their programs. The skills learned in creating a grant is extremely useful in increasing my competence as a professional and opening up more job opportunities.
2) On the first night of class we talked about the definition, purpose and rationale of leisure education. Why do think leisure education (LE) is an important component of all recreation programming? How would you go about incorporating LE into a rec program?
Leisure Education is an important component of all recreation program because it increases the participant’s leisure awareness, an understanding of one’s self as well as development of skills such as social and physical. It seeks to help in reducing or eliminating obstacles to achieving a satisfying and meaningful leisure experience. In addition, leisure education helps to develop the participant leisure repertoire skills and interest in lei...
... middle of paper ...
10. Hide and seek
12. Speed dating for singles
13. Do an obstacle game using chairs and tables
14. Use napkins to make various decorations…eg. Flowers etc
15. Do a yoga session
4) What was your "highlight" of this course? Explain your answer.
Professor Ori, thanks for making my last class one of the best classes I’ve had at Lehman. Before taking your class, I heard a lot of things about you and wondered if I should take the class. I am so soo happy I did as I felt comfortable and actually looked forward to the upcoming classes. I really enjoyed how you made the class fun, interesting and easily to understand. I learned a great deal and will definitely use the information in my future career. Thank you for a good semester and I wish you the best in all your endeavors. *the macaroons so very delicious*
PS. I’m so happy I passed the comp!!!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The study of leisure and recreation exist to improve the quality of people’s lives. Leisure is a key part of our lives. When we involve ourselves in leisure activities that satisfies us. We improve in creativity and self-control through these activities. We also get the sense of freedom, achievement and confidence. Leisure gives us the opportunity to enjoy new experiences and develop new skills. In the field of study of leisure and recreation, it focuses on the variety of recreational activities.... [tags: Leisure, Recreation, High school, Personal life]
1834 words (5.2 pages)
- My Leisure Lifestyle The study of leisure and recreation exist to improve the quality of people’s lives. Leisure is a key part of our lives. When we are involved in a leisure activity that satisfies us we improve in creativity and self-control. We also get the sense of freedom, achievement and confidence. Leisure gives us the opportunity to enjoy new experiences and develop new skills. In the field of study of leisure and recreation, it focuses on the variety of recreational activities. Those activities that are involved in leisure tend to be rewarding to one’s health and the community.... [tags: Leisure, Recreation, High school, Personal life]
1726 words (4.9 pages)
- Today, Off-highway vehicle (OHV) use is one if the fastest growing recreation activities taking place on the public of the western United States. OHV includes, but is not limited to motorcycles designed for off road use, All terrain vehicles (ATVs), 4-wheel drive automobiles, and other vehicles such a sand rails or dune buggies (Cordell, Betz, Green, & Owens, 2005). As the United States population grows, so does the necessity for outdoor recreation, and OHV use is no exception; between 1982 and 2001 OHV recreation participation increased an additional 100%.... [tags: outdoor recreation, OHV, carrying capacity]
1618 words (4.6 pages)
- The wilderness offers many opportunities for recreation (e.g. biking, camping, fishing, hiking, hunting, nature photography, riding horses, skiing, stargazing, and swimming ). Outdoor recreation fulfils an innate desire humans have to reconnect with nature and themselves. However, outdoor recreation contradicts the objective of wilderness protection. The most insignificant of human activity can extensively damage the natural balance of an area. Being able to strike a balance between the two is the responsibility of wilderness managers.... [tags: wilderness, recreation, ]
688 words (2 pages)
- Group Formation and Structure Group Development Norm Development Group communication networks Leadership Personality qualities relevant to leadership Task vs. Relationship Leadership Leadership Styles The purpose of this paper is to critically evaluate the members of group 1 (The Fantastics) in terms of behavior by looking at personal experience and connecting them to academic research and theory. The Fantastics consist of five members: team member A, 24-year-old female student in human resources Studies, team member B, 24-year-old male in psychology studies, team member C, 21-year-old female in psychology studies, team member D, 25-year-old female in psychology studies and team member... [tags: Personality and leadership]
2372 words (6.8 pages)
- Understanding Basketball When Tyler says he’s going to play basketball at the rec center, it’s never a casual game. His competitive spirit always gets the best of him, and a friendly game is now a serious competition. The Groveport Recreational Center is his go to place. His face is so familiar the associates at the front desk immediately recognize him. I have very little grasp on the game of basketball. He, on the other hand, could have a doctorate in the game of basketball. The rec is a huge building with brown bricks and open windows at the front view.... [tags: Basketball, Game, College basketball, Play]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- A recreation center is a basic standard at most universities. The student recreation center at The University of Idaho is a valuable resource for students with both indoor and outdoor activities to suit the needs of many. There are many universities that just supply gyms, nothing more. The University of Idaho has one of the most modern and high-tech facilities in the Pacific Northwest, with attractions like an indoor rock climbing wall and an indoor track. This state-of-the-art facility is available to any student free, and it is even available to the public via membership.... [tags: Informative Essays]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- Leadership theories/approaches have gradually evolved overtime. The initial theories began with the traits theory and progressed toward behavior, situational, adaptive, authentic, appreciative, transformational, transactional, servant, shared collective or distributive, and leader-member exchange. Leadership is a challenging and multifaceted process dependent upon numerous aspects such as, situation, personality and relationship of leader and follower, skills and knowledge, environment, and organizational and personal goals.... [tags: Leadership]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- Throughout my adult life, my passion has been to help others. I have always been driven to make the world we live in a better place, even if it is just for that one person. My passion and drive have been the influencing factors in my personal history, my interest in Therapeutic Recreation and my academic and career goals. Who I am as a person is the sum of my experiences, what I enjoy and the skills that I possess. From an early age I have always enjoyed the outdoors and find nature relaxing. My enjoyment of the woods has led to camping so many times that I have lost track, which has led to backpacking becoming one of my favorite ways to get out of the city and into the mountains, just mysel... [tags: Medicine, Therapy, Suicide, 68W]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Benefits of Recreation in Society and on the Body Recreation ========== We've all heard it before, "Personal recreational activities involves those actions that relax, refresh, and rejuvenate us" - yet how much do we truly gain from these activities. Recreation is a healthy part of each individual's own life and can be enjoyed by everyone. The benefits of recreation are not only positive to the community of today, but to the society of tomorrow. The positive outlook on recreation is unlimited and endless in our world.... [tags: Papers]
1197 words (3.4 pages)