Right from when I was 10years old, back in my country, Nigeria, I usually visit the motherless babies’ home every often to help the babies in the orphanage. I help out washing their clothing, bathing, dressing them, preparing their meals and feeding them as well. I tried helping out in any possible way as much as I could. While I was neither a nurse nor a doctor then, I see myself as one. In my mind I feel a sense of fulfillment when at the end of my stay I look into the eyes ...
... middle of paper ...
...g-out. It helps them also to control their own emotion and know the best approach to use when dealing with a difficult client.
DNP AP Applicants: Please type a statement, 2 - 3 double-spaced pages in length, describing why you decided to apply for this graduate degree program at Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing. Include the development of your interest in this program, how you plan to use this education in your future advance practice nursing role, and the life experiences that have contributed to your readiness to pursue this degree. Your essay should demonstrate that you have a clear understanding of the nursing role in relation to the graduate program you have selected.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a first generation college student and first generation American, navigating higher education has been a challenge. Coming from a low-income family and one of the lowest performing school districts in Colorado made my journey more intimidating. Over half of my classmates dropped out and took a negative turn in life, but I wanted something better for myself and family. In the Latino community, pursuing a graduate degree is rare, and similar trends are seen in the LGBTQ community. As a result of my identities and the environment I grew up in, the chances of me completing an undergraduate degree were scarce, but I have overcame adversities have taken advantage of all the opportunities that w... [tags: University, Higher education, Education, Student]
708 words (2 pages)
- My reasons for pursuing a master’s degree at CCU are the same as the reasons that led me to choose CCU for my undergraduate degree in Psychology. I believe very strongly in Jesus Christ and know that there are three parts to the way that He created people. Unlike any other creation he made, mankind was made in his image with a spirit, soul and body. I knew that I could not just learn about two of those aspects namely body and soul and leave out the most important thing, the spirit. It is important to learn about the human body and mind and also our emotions and what makes people unique.... [tags: Graduate school, College, Bachelor's degree]
1848 words (5.3 pages)
- Education and learning has always been very important to me. Graduating undergraduate and graduate school was something I knew I would accomplish. I never thought about pursuing a doctorate degree until I started my Master’s program. I thought of the impact I could make in Higher Education with my experience, purpose and passion. Looking back at the environment that I came from, single parent family, first-generation, and an at-risk student, I had to try harder than others to get ahead. I always sought out more for myself.... [tags: University, Academic degree]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- As the past becomes the present and the future expands sooner than expected, a new era waiting with obstacles and challenges human’s ability to survive. Now more than ever in a time of the uncertain truth, I have decided to undertake my passion, pursuit the answer to our most untouched questions, and contribute to knowledge base of humanity for the future generations to build upon their foundations. My willingness to enroll in the graduate degree program does not cease there, but further expands into my desires of wishing to obtain from the completion of the graduate program the benefits of unmaterialized achievements consisting of honor, prestige, zeal, and discipline to myself and its diss... [tags: Ethics, Business ethics, Immanuel Kant]
1726 words (4.9 pages)
- Since the earliest of civilizations, humanity has made a great progress considering the brief existence of modern human beings. Never before have we existed in a world as sophisticated and engineered to our needs as today; access to clean water, reliable sources of nourishment, shelter and security, healthcare and disease prevention. However, it is easy to lose sight of the importance of these needs when they are consistently at arms reach. I began my laboratory career shortly after completing my undergraduate degree at the University of Calgary.... [tags: Bachelor's degree, Academic degree]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- My primary goal in pursuing graduate study is to build upon the foundation that was laid during my undergraduate studies in order to prepare for a career in policy analysis. I have decided to pursue an advanced degree in Economics due to my past coursework, internships, and research experiences. In particular, I want to conduct research in health economics and policy because I feel that it combines many of my interests, such as policy impact, health care, and the global experience. If provided the opportunity to participate in the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship Program, I would gain perspective and skills that would prove invaluable when working to improve the well being of the global comm... [tags: Personal Ambition]
688 words (2 pages)
- If admitted, I plan to pursue an E.d.d degree in Urban Educational Leadership on a full-time basis starting Fall 2016. My main goal in pursuing a doctorate from this institution is so that I may obtain the skills, knowledge, and credentials in order to be able to create programs that instruct future teachers who will be entering urban schools. I want to help improve the quality of the education that students in my community will receive by building relationships with students, educators, and other invested parties that transcend the walls of any school building.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, High school]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- I started my undergraduate education pursuing a political science degree with an international relations concentration because I was interested in how to solve political conflicts on an international scale. I double majored in social policy & practice because I wanted to approach problems from a policy standpoint. However, as my studies progressed, I had two experiences that shifted my focus away from human behaviors and problems in the political and policy arena toward clinical psychology and the pursuit of a Psy.D.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology, Psychiatry]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Pursuing a Doctoral Degree in Finance I have an excellent job with tremendous advancement opportunities. At my well-paid job at a prestigious investment bank on Wall Street, my computer science and analytical skills are recognized and lauded. Moreover, I enjoy intellectual interactions with my Ph.D. colleagues, have many friends, and am appreciated by my managers. Still, I feel a void in my life. While my friends and colleagues do not understand my decision to leave my rewarding career, I know that I have no choice if I am to pursue my long-term goal and my childhood dream: to teach and publish research.... [tags: Graduate Admissions Essays]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Graduate Study of Clinical Psychology My dedication to the field of psychology is evident in the various activities in which I am involved. I am a student affiliate of the American Psychological Association, as well as a student member of the Iowa Psychological Association. I have been actively involved in the community as a volunteer working with patients, families, and staff in the emergency room of a local hospital. I have been a devoted member of the psychology club for two years and am currently serving my first year as an officer (Vice-president of Special Events).... [tags: Graduate Admissions Essays]
836 words (2.4 pages)