The summer after my freshman year of college, I was chosen for an internship at Primary Pediatrics and it was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life thus far. I interacted with the children through hands on experience by taking their vital signs, running lab tests, and trying to soothe their fears of coming to the doctor. Helping the children was gratifying and the confidence they felt in me was reassuring that this was the field I was meant to pursue. It also strengthened my desire and longing of becoming a doctor in the area of pediatrics. My desire and motivation will help me persevere through the challenges that it takes to become a doctor. When I think about being a doctor, I think about my love of children and the exciting adventure of learning new skills and going into an unpredictable territory in the medical arena. Although many career paths offer the opportunity to work with children, the relationship ...
... middle of paper ...
...ot only makes me suitable to pursue a career in medicine, but I believe it makes me a perfect candidate for the Preclinical Science Program. I am a determined and driven individual who does not let obstacles or circumstances hinder me from achieving my goals. I now view every setback as a set up for something better to come. I want to be successful, and I am willing to make the necessary sacrifices to get to where I know I am meant to be in life. I am not afraid of being wrong, and I am eager to learn from my mistakes. I know when to ask for help and when to challenge myself to learn on my own. I am learning that life is a marathon and not a sprint. I must take advantage of every opportunity that comes across during my marathon. I feel that this program is meant to be a part of my journey, and I hope I am given the opportunity to excel with Mercer University.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction In the future, I hope to pursue my career dream of becoming a pediatrician. Pediatricians can be identified individuals who specialize in giving medical care to children and adolescents between infancy to adulthood at eighteen years of age. I became inspired to become a pediatrician due to my immense love of children. Perhaps I have an innate intuition for taking care of people being that I have always felt that I excel at taking care of others. The idea of taking care of others truly makes me feel that I serve a purpose, not only to better the life of myself but the life of others.... [tags: Medicine, Medical school, Pediatrics, Physician]
2099 words (6 pages)
- A Pediatrician is a child’s physician, dealing with the physical, mental, and emotional well being of the child. You undoubtedly have to have a strong love for children and have patience to be a Pediatrician. If you don’t like children then it is apparent being a Pediatrician is not the job for you. I have dreamed of being a Pediatrician since I was 7 years old, ever since I was rushed to the emergency room for an accident I had. I remember how the doctor interacted with me; he introduced himself, and he explained what a Pediatrician did.... [tags: child health, medicine, doctor]
1630 words (4.7 pages)
- Focusing on pursuing a career you like is important because statistics show fifty-two percent of Americans are unhappy going to work every day because they chose a career they didn’t have an interest in. My ideal job is in the medical field because I’ve always had a passion in helping people. I want to specialize in nurse anesthesia because of the important role they have in society. Nurse anesthesia interests me because of the tasks they do, the advanced education path they must take, and the history behind the profession.... [tags: Anesthesia, Nurse anesthetist, Nursing, Nurse]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- Pediatricians take an active role in the salubrious development of children. Parents trust the judgment of their children’s medicos and rely on them for advice. I believe that edifications learned at an adolescent age, especially those cognate to health culls, incline to stay with one through life. The opportunity to accommodate as a role model for children, embolden them to develop their aptitudes, and promote a salubrious lifestyle greatly appeals to me. My immediate goal is to be accepted into a pre-medical program and to major in biology and minor in psychology so that I can eventually enroll in a pediatrics residency program.... [tags: education, responsibility, medical]
598 words (1.7 pages)
- Pediatrician The Story of My Search Babies and children crying may irritate most people, but for me, it makes me want to nurture them. Pediatricians go through many years of schooling and residency training to obtain their degrees in pediatrics which is a branch of medicine that deals with the development, care, and treatment for diseases in babies and children. After doing many years of schooling and training, this ensures that each pediatrician is successful in providing the proper care and treatment needed for babies in order for them to develop into healthy children.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Medical school]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- “The greatest disease in the West today is not TB or leprosy; it is being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for. We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love” these simple words said by Mother Teresa were printed in my memory, through my growing up years, as my father always encouraged me to seek and discover everything around me and try to find answers for mysterious questions. My journey since childhood has been guided with the solid belief that a blessed life comes from serving others.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Medical school, Pediatrics]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- Many people in this world want to make a difference in life. However, most people do not want to put in all the effort that it takes to do so. The job of a pediatrician is life-changing to many. Unfortunately, it takes drive and effort that many people do not have, to become a pediatrician. A pediatrician’s job is a highly-skilled and interesting job because he or she has the privilege to deal with and help as many children as possible. What is a pediatrician. Pediatricians are doctors who specialize and focus in caring for babies to young adults (Career Cruising).... [tags: Pediatrics career]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- Ever since I was five years-old, I walked around telling everyone that I want to be a doctor. It was not till I was eleven that I knew I wanted to work with kids too. So I looked to my mother and said, “Mom what do you call a doctor that always works with kids?” I didn’t know whether or not it had a special name like everything else. She looked at me and asked why I wanted to know. I told her, “I want to know what kind of doctor I want to be.” She told me that everyone would call me a pediatrician.... [tags: Career Essays]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- “What do you want to be when you grow up?” As a child, we have all been asked this question; and as unrealistic children, we all had dreams of being a superhero, princess, cowboy, or astronaut. Later on in life, as time went by, and as we became more knowledgeable, our answers became more serious. Some of us wanted to be teachers, business owners, or a veterinarian. However, I have always wanted to be a doctor, but not just any doctor. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a pediatrician.... [tags: Career Essays]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- My career choice is to become a pediatrician. The question is: what makes this job so interesting or fantastic enough to be chosen. This job requires many sacrifices, skills, and strengths to endeavor the obstacles on the way to the goal. This particular job is also a very honorable and noble job in the sense of helping children with their illnesses and ailments. Personally, I love children and I’m always fascinated by their actions and interesting techniques of expressing themselves. Since I am intrigued by the children’s personality I love spending time with them (and that’s why their child-like ways rub off on me).... [tags: career choice, pediatrician's income]
1209 words (3.5 pages)