Ingrid A. Moore
Pro outsourcing is the stance on the Ethical topic dilemmas associated with offshoring
Are very plentiful. This report will support the numerous aspects of outsourcing. The
Information will depict the ethical side, quality of service portion, work environment,
Security concerns, cultural differences and the monetary aspect of outsourcing of this
topic. Even though the defense will be pro outsourcing, showing both positive and
Negative helps to understand the entire picture that companies have to face. The reports
Will show detailed information on job losses. However, the positive phase will be more
Beneficial to the economy. The types of jobs associated with outsourcing will also be
Outsourcing, what is outsourcing? Investopedia defines it like this. “A practice used by different companies to reduce costs by transferring portions of work to outside suppliers rather than completing it internally (Investopedia, 2015).” Some question must come to play when a company is considering this practice. One question should be examined for a company signs on the dotted line. Should they outsource? Will this cause an employment loss if they do not take this path. Part of the ethical question that continues to come up is the loss of jobs. Reports show that Companies continue to outsource to stay viable in their market. While working on this project it was discovered that most companies employ the best in their field to handle a certain task. One positive benefit of outsourcing is it will save the company money as well as giving access to numerous resources that may or may not have been available otherwise. The majority...
... middle of paper ...
... to outsource more often than now. It was fascinating to learn that certain jobs are outsourced more than others. This was an interesting case to investigate and understand the true aspect of outsourcing.
Amadeo, K. (2015, June 16). About.com. Retrieved from How Jobs Outsourcing Affects the U.S. Economy: http://useconomy.about.com/od/tradepolicy/tp/How-Jobs-Outsourcing-Affects-US-Economy.htm
India, O. 2. (2015, June 16). Outsource 2 India , Managing your entire outsourcing venture. Retrieved from Ethics of Outsourcing: http://www.outsource2india.com/why_outsource/articles/ethics_outsourcing.asp
Investopedia. (2015, June 16). Outsourcing. Retrieved from Outsourcing: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/outsourcing.asp
Oledenski, L. (2014). Offshoring and the populization of the U.S. Labor Markets. Industrial & Labor Relations Review, 734-761.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Outsourcing has been a topic of much discussion for decades among scholars, business people and employees who work for companies that often outsource many of their daily functions. Outsourcing takes away jobs from employees and leaves the impression that the company is greedy by trying to save money instead of keeping the jobs within the organization. When did outsourcing develop into the thing to do in organizations. Outsourcing started in the early 1970’s as a business strategy that allowed companies to focus on their core competencies while other functions are handled by providers with expertise (Davis & Davis, 2012).... [tags: Outsourcing, Management]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Outsourcing and offshoring have been increasing in their magnitude greatly in the recent past (see graph below). In this essay, I intend to examine both the positive effects and negative effects that this increase in outsourcing and offshoring is having on developed countries such as the UK and the US. I will achieve this goal by first defining and differentiating outsourcing and offshoring before moving on to examine the motivations for each of these phenomena they I will examine the effects on growth employment and skills in these economies before wrapping it all up in a conclusion about the overall effect of outsourcing and offshoring.... [tags: Employment, Minimum wage, Outsourcing, Economy]
1386 words (4 pages)
- Today, many businesses have adopted the practice of outsourcing, be it within the borders or done internationally. Outsourcing can be defined as “the practice of having certain job functions done outside a company instead of having an in-house department or employee handle them; functions can be outsourced to either a company or an individual” (entrepreneur.com). “Outsourcing has become a major trend in human resources over the past decade. It 's the practice of sending certain job functions outside a company instead of handling them in house.... [tags: Outsourcing, Offshoring, Wage, Employment]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Pros and Cons of Outsourcing and Offshoring Businesses face lots of challenges today during their development and growth, and they should decide how much financial investment are they want to put into the development of certain projects. When they make decision, business owners find the idea of developing an in-house team dedicated to certain project much more expensive than the company’s current situation can control. That’s why they turn to find alternatives. In many cases the alternative is finding someone to do it for you at lower costs.... [tags: Outsourcing, Offshoring]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- The Outsourcing Dilemma CIS Strategic Planning Introduction To outsource or not to outsource, that is the question. It is indeed a question that a CIO, CEO, or IT manager is likely to encounter. It is not a simple question, nor is the answer simple, and there is not a one size fits all solution. As with any decision, it is good to face it with facts and without prejudice. This work shall discuss factors that help determine the answer, risks, benefits, cost analysis, and implications to the business.... [tags: Outsource Globalization]
1939 words (5.5 pages)
- The practice of outsourcing jobs is not a new concept. People have been outsourcing jobs for decades. Some people even offshore outsource jobs. There are many opinions to offshore outsourcing based on how it influences the economy. Some people are in favor of outsourcing jobs and some people are against outsourcing jobs. People need to get educated about the great impacts that offshore outsourcing does to an economy. The global economy has started to thrive and offshore outsourcing has profited the consumers as companies want to cut costs and competition, which is why I support offshore outsourcing jobs to foreign countries.... [tags: Outsourcing, Offshoring]
1873 words (5.4 pages)
- Introduction Outsourcing is a technique for companies to reassign specific responsibilities to external entities. There are several motivations for outsourcing including organizational, improvement, cost, and revenue advantages (Ghodeswar & Vaidyanathan, 2008). The assignment research objectives were (a) to gain insight into securing strategic partnerships in the information technology (IT) arena; (b) to understand the choices made to reduce information and security risks by exploring the different outsourcing techniques, and; (c) to understand how business process associated with outsourcing will stimulate awareness on how the process is interlinked with human behaviors.... [tags: information technology outsourcing]
1798 words (5.1 pages)
- For my topic I chose outsourcing. Outsourcing has positive and negative impacts on the global business world. When thinking about outsourcing there are quite a few aspects that have many sides. Outsourcing has been known all over the world. In reviewing outsourcing you must take into consideration every single detail that is involved into making outsourcing what it has become today. As you continue to read this paper you will learn how outsourcing has changed lives for better and for worse. Outsourcing has been a topic that has also made some quite skeptical.... [tags: Outsourcing, Thought, Mind, People, Trade union]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- The Outsourcing of American Jobs The exporting of American jobs is an issue that is important and will become increasingly so as more and more white collar jobs are shipped overseas. American companies in the past few decades have been sending American jobs overseas paying residents of other countries pennies on the dollar what they had paid American workers to do. This saves the companies millions of dollars on labor costs but costs Americans precious jobs. As the problem of job outsourcing becomes more of an issue in politics, elected officials like the President and Congress will no longer be able to ignore the dilemma.... [tags: Jobs Workforce Outsourcing Essays]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- With the power of telecommunications and internet connectivity, organizations today are able to create wide area networks (WANs) over vast distances – nationally and internationally. Using this technology, the organization is able to outsource any part of the organization’s information technology (IT) operation. This paper will discuss outsourcing – the benefits and costs. Benefits and risks Organizations may have any number of reasons for considering outsourcing – saving on labor costs, political alliances, new marketplaces, or lack of qualified local staff, just to name a few.... [tags: Business Strategy Management Analysis]
886 words (2.5 pages)