Personal Statement Draft-3(2)
An 11 years old kid lying on the ground in a dark room crying, shaking, and trembling with intense pain in both of his ears. The pain was similar to as if someone was hitting with some sharp object inside his ears and every time he would feel the shock of pain, he would pull both of his ears while enduring the pain. The pain would raise every couple of second and with each shock of pain, the kid would lose part of the hope that he had of surviving. He would experience so intense pain that he had never anticipated and all he could think of that “he is about to die.” This was the experience that I felt when I had a severe ear infection in both of my ears.
After consulting with the doctor and taking the medication, I started to get better within a couple of days. I was so grateful to the doctor and in a sense I wanted to do the same and treat other people’s suffering. I wanted to make a difference in the lives of the people in the same way that the doctor had made a difference in my life both physically and internally. This was the experience that implemented the seed of medicine within me and ignited the will of fire to pursue this career.
Even though I had planned to pursue this path to become the medical doctor, I still had my doubts as I was not the brightest student. I was still very much confused until I went to the biology class during my eighth grade. In this class, I learned about the heart and the circulatory system for the first time in my life and that was mind blowing. I was amazed by the way the teacher explained this concept to the class and when the teacher asked if someone was willing to present this topic to other students, I immediately raised my hand. This experience of giving...
... middle of paper ...
...er made it possible for me to pursue this path of becoming the medical doctor.
It is true that everybody goes through tough times and everybody has a story to tell, but what matters is what they get out of it. I had the experience of facing severe ear infection when I was a kid however, it was that experience that sparked my interest in the medical field. The tough journey of coming to the United States taught me how to steadfast even when life throws challenges after challenges at you. I know my journey does not end here. I know going through medical school and going through residency will not be easy. I know it would be tough to balance my academic life with my family life. But these difficulties and challenges that life throws have motivated me even more in the past and will make me even more determined to achieve my goal that is to become the medical doctor.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: Personal Statement Examples]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Personal Statement Please discuss the following items in the order given. Briefly respond to all areas listed. 1. How was your interest in Pharmacy as a career developed. Since my early schooling days, science and mathematics have always fascinated me given that all components of the world are explained on the basis of these disciplines. In this regard, Pharmacy which is based on Chemistry and Mathematics has interested me a great deal as it has direct impacts on our daily lives. The more I have become familiar with the chemistry and mathematics knowledge involved in pharmacy, the more I have appreciated its significance in improving the lives of people in the community.... [tags: Admissions Statement]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- Personal Statement A personal statement is a document required in education programs as well as when one is applying for a job. It is a document that is written to describe a person’s strength or weakness. It is therefore an important document that one must always have ready any time anywhere. Personal statements do not have to look the same. They may be written focusing on one’s interest for example a personal statement written specifically to apply for a specific job. What appears inside is what gives that person credibility on whether to get the job or not.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Statements, Want]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Financial Analysis A mission statement is a written statement that tells others what the company does. The mission statement in a very short form explains to readers how they operate in a general sense. Mission statements are not super specific or detailed just general. “A mission statement is a concise statement of a company 's reason for being, what it actually does, and for whom. It should contain what products and services the company produces for which target market, as well as how it considers itself different or unique.... [tags: Strategic planning, Statements, Mission statement]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Amongst society there is a general consensus of what is physical pain. Pain is not good, it is something that hurts, and no one ever wants to actually be in pain. As infants and toddlers, we knew pain to be associated with cries, tears, and the word “ouch!” As we grew, pain and all of its expressions followed and branched out with us. Its dimensions multiplied and what used to hurt us as toddlers no longer does. At the same time, we began to experience new physical pains – pains which create such an unimaginable physical suffering.... [tags: Medical, The Body in Pain, Elaine Scarry]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Rashel Robinson Basketball Pain As I stroll into practice, carrying my basketball bag, which is overfilled with all of my things. My basketball shoes that smell like sour milk, my practice jersey that also has a terrible smell, along with my deodorant that smells like amazing smelling boys, and my perfume that smells like cherry blossoms. I walk in a rush to the locker room, because before every practice we would have to make fifty free throws. The previous day at practice, Coach Schroeder, the head coach of the girls’ basketball team, yelled at us: “You guys can’t do anything right, GET ON THE LINE!” Without hesitation, the team got on the line.... [tags: Basketball, High school, Coach, Training]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- I have been working as a parent liaison for the past 12 years a parent liaison is someone who works in the school system assisting parents with education in the parental field trying to help with computer skills phone skills and simple thing professional phone skills. I do daily attendance as I work with the school truancy department to make sure that the parents understand the important of education. I also coach college cheerleaders and teach dance. Just to live comfortable and it is very hard.... [tags: Personal Experience]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- Personal Statement: My transition from high school to college was not flawless; the first two semesters were academically frustrating. In high school, I was successful with minimal foresight. I quickly found that this was not the case in college. While my first semester grades were not terrible, I knew it was not my personal best. Despite increased efforts, I completed the second semester with a GPA lower than my first. Although my course load was heavy, the classes challenging, and my schedule full of outside rehearsals, I wanted to improve.... [tags: Personal Experience]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Growing up as the son of a rural Iowa veterinarian, I got my first experience in a medical field while riding along with my dad on calls, and from an early age my interest was piqued. It was the first of multiple experiences that pointed me toward a career in physical therapy. In my elementary and junior high years, a couple of elderly neighbor ladies often called on me to help them with chores around their homes and yards. This is where I first discovered my love of working to help others. It was rewarding beyond any payment to know that I was helping them live independently a little longer, even if I was only playing a small part by doing their odd jobs.... [tags: Personal Experience]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- Law is a magnificent puppeteer which aims to control civilisations. The great philosopher Aristotle stated: 'Law should govern'. In view of that, the regulation of a society should be based on these set of rules established by an authority, which are designed to create economic, social and political stability. It is what maintains our societies and prevents an eruption of chaos and destruction. Law has an impact on everything we do, from creating a personal statement where copyright infringement laws take prevalence, deterring individuals from engaging in plagiarism, to criminal law which protects society from harmful individuals.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
854 words (2.4 pages)