... middle of paper ...
... to self-doubt and fear. Self-doubt is an obstacle that can hold me back from academic success because it can make me lose confidence in myself and my abilities. When I question my abilities it makes me lose motivation to achieve my goals and perform day to day activities required to be successful in college. Lack of money is always a fear I have, and it can be a massive issue to academic success. Taking time away from studying to work so that I can earn money to pay for my costs is a big deal. Being worried about my budget is an immense distraction, taking the focus away from what I need to be concentrated on. Taking on too much responsibility, such as working several hours a week on top of taking classes and study, is a way to burn me out. Becoming overwhelmed is an important obstacle that I need to think about and create management plans so that it doesn’t happen.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One. Like numerous other children, I first encountered words through the books my mother would read to me. I had no idea what was happening, but I liked the vibrant and colorful pictures displayed before my eyes. It wasn’t until age two that I took an interest in letters. Disappointedly, I was unable to write any words because that was just way too complex for my miniscule brain to comprehend. Along with terrifying stick figures with spider like appendages, enormous, scribbled eyes, and smiling mouths blown out of scale, I would have endless streams of letters written across my paper.... [tags: High school, Educational years, Elementary school]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Gripping my waist, he pulled me closer to him. “You don’t want to spend time with me.” He whispered sadly. The vulnerability in his tone was breaking my heart. “Brian, I want to spend time with you, but I need to pack up my apartment. I don’t have a lot to pack left, but the things I have left are personal items.” I replied apologetically. Smiling, he disclosed, “You don’t have to do anything. I called my assistant yesterday and gave her the key to your place. She will pack all your remaining things for you today.” “You did what?” I protested angrily and put some space between us.... [tags: Debut albums, 2007 singles, 2006 albums]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- It was slightly gloomy out and like many days, I was studying with my tutor in my mother personal library. I had heard a swift knock at the door and there was no way I expected the news brought with it. It was only once a month my mother would drive out to the next city to visit my aunt. Her absences had lasted longer than expected and I thought it would be her at the door. I was watching from the top of my stairs excitedly waiting for my mother to enter but instead, it was Mr. & Ms. Orson. The butler had told them that Ms.... [tags: Brown hair, Eye color, Rose, Father]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- With a deep love for Vancouver, Canada and Mexico, I treat every client like family. Having fallen in love with theses areas, I make it my mission to keep my finger on the pulse of the market sand constantly expand my enormous network. As a Latino fluent in Spanish, I dedicated my entire career to sales, and have a broad buyer and seller clientele so I can rapidly find you the perfect buyer or seller. I take great pride in understanding every nuance of the market, neighborhoods, and real estate process to ensure every transaction is smooth and seamless whether you are buying a property in Canada or Mexico, I will expertly guide you every single step of the way with patience, expertise, and a... [tags: Sales, Customer service, Customer]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- Paper on Balance and Success in life Everyone dreams of a successful career and life. The definition of success is very personal. For me, the term “Successful career” revolves around happiness. My definition for successful career and a successful life: For me, a successful career is one that stirs up a certain level of excitement, passion and happiness in me. In my view, successful career should be enjoyable and interesting. To be successful at work I always pose these questions to myself: • Is this place giving me enough space to showcase my talent.... [tags: Personal life, Happiness, Success]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Happiness can come in different forms for each person. Some people dream of achieving great wealth to buy everything they ever wanted. Others may find simple tasks such as, reading a book, to make them happy. There are people who find happiness by making others happy, whether it’d be, feeding the homeless, or giving random compliments to strangers. I think that most people would agree that the purpose of life is happiness. There are several things that bring happiness to my world, which include, family, health, and laughter, among other things.... [tags: Personal life, Happiness, Health]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- There are many different meanings when we type out the word “Values” in the internet. From “importance, worth or usefulness of something” to a “person’s principles or standards of behavior” and “one’s judgement of what is important in life.” (Google) All these meaning have a word in common, important. My meaning to values is what I consider important in my life, simple as that. There are over 100 values in which are all very significant in our daily lives. It is hard to choose just a few values when in reality we all want all of them even if we don’t admit we need it.... [tags: Meaning of life, Personal life, Mother, Father]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- I believe values are different for each person because we all come from different families value structures, have different cultures and traditions. However, values can change over time as we grow up and as we face different experiences and responsibilities. There are different types of values that influence our lives in several ways and help us remember what is important to us, and direct us to what we want to be, and accomplish in life. In this essay, I will be talking about three different Instrumental values, three terminal values and my least liked values that have affected me psychologically, in my behavior, my beliefs and my leisure choices The three most important instrumental value... [tags: Personal life, Leisure, Instrumental value, Value]
1404 words (4 pages)
- Introduction Personal risk management is about being aware of the risks in my home and in my life, and then prepare myself how to manage those risks. Insurance plays a big part in risk management. A lot of people don’t like to pay insurance premiums, but when an accident occurs and the insurance pays them for a covered expense, they thank God they had it. Importance of risk management By recognizing and managing risk, I save myself and my family from a possible financial failure. A risk management will allow me to live a life free of worrying about how to handle a sudden loss.... [tags: Insurance, Life insurance, Health insurance]
1562 words (4.5 pages)
- County and City Living Where you choose to live alters your lifestyle and can even define who you are. This essay will specifically compare and contrast, having a country life and a city life. Both city and country living make excellent lives, but the lifestyle chosen can have a great impact on a person’s finances, serenity, and character. City and country living commonly have expenses, though country life has more options to avoid expenses by undertaking tasks yourself. There’s nothing wrong with dwelling in the city, but it can be expensive.... [tags: Personal life, Health, Lifestyle, City]
960 words (2.7 pages)