I tried administering our usual medicines for memorial loss and confusion, but they had no affect. Then I experimented with different combinations. It took me many moons to find the right mixture to get him back to his old self.
For about year, he seemed fine. He was able to play with his grandchildren, but not for as long or as hard as before. When we hunted or fished, we had to take frequent breaks for him to rest, which grew longer with time.
I thought he had just become feeble because of old age and would need more of my help as he entered his twilight years, the cost of a long life A fortunate son gladly pays this debt on behalf of a loving parent.
We came back from hunting late one night because he was tired and had to rest more than usual. He asked about increasing the dose of the medicine that I was giving him. I was reluctant at first as his daily dose was already high, but he insisted. I gave in and doubled his mediation that night.
The next morning, he seemed to have some of his strength back. Over the next cycle of the moon, he grew stronger and was able to make up the medicine himself sending Mika and her brothers out to pick the herbs and gather the roots that he needed.
I left him alone so that I could hunt more and visit the sick in the village. I soon noticed that he was returning to his old ways, forgetting where he was and he spoke more in tongues. At first, my mother could snap him out of it with ...
... middle of paper ...
...squatch was leaving. He had taken his suit from his place and was heading to the sea. The women and the children had barricade themselves in my place when I left, knowing that its stonewalls would protect them. However, Sasquatch did not attempt to enter it.
I instructed my Igashu to escort the women and children back to the village. I told him that Sasquatch knew where Father was going and would help me to locate him.
Onida pulled me to one side. “You are not thinking about going after Sasquatch?”
“I’ve hunted him before.”
“How did that go?” She though he hands up. “You spent the summer and fall chasing him before he hung you in a tree. What makes you think you can catch him now?”
“He’s older now and not as strong because of his injury. He has also taught me everything he knows.” I hoped he had and didn’t have any of that black powder he liked to use on his enemies.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Old House - Original Writing As I was approaching the house, the surroundings seemed to change. The air became misty all of a sudden. The weather became cold and when I looked towards the trees, it looked as if they were alive. I turned my concentration away from the trees, which had started to make me shiver, and continued my journey towards the house. Moving towards the gates that separated the house from the entire road that led to all the other houses, I noticed that almost all the plants that surrounded the entrance were ruined.... [tags: Papers]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- When I first learned to write, it was 2000. I went to a private school for four year olds and while we were anticipating naptime, our teacher had something else in mind. She instructed us to write cursive and we responded with confused looks on our faces. Even at this young age, I could already clearly tell I was different than everyone else; my parents had established that I was going to be getting a higher education. And to get this higher education I would have to excel in reading and writing.... [tags: High school, Writing, Middle school]
1650 words (4.7 pages)
- An Old Soldier Remembers- Original Writing It’s the 6th of June 2004 and its exactly 60 years since I fought in D-day I didn’t know at the time until I was reading a newspaper while taking a break from playing bowls when I saw an article about it this made me think about all the death and destruction but most of all how lucky I was to be alive. I remember that the only reason I joined the army was because it thought it would be good and the fact that female friends and family pressured me into it.... [tags: Papers]
613 words (1.8 pages)
- The Birthday Nightmare - Original Writing It was the misty morning of Charl's 21st birthday. Herself, her partner and her best friend were preparing to travel from dull-skied Trenton, their hometown in New Jersey to Glamorous New York to celebrate Charl's birthday. Her best friend Sarah was to drive the kitted out van and her partner Leone was to accompany Charl on their first travel from the time when they were at college. Now geared up, they set off to New York. The Dodge Durango STL was travelling down the B849 at a steady speed as Leone luckily escaped a fatal car crash when he was 11, so he was slightly uncomfortable about travelling on reasonably sized jo... [tags: Papers]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- The Unexpected - Original Writing The full moon gives the only light in the otherwise dark summer night. The weather is warm with a cool soothing breeze, rocking the trees in a timeless motion back and forth. The Stockholm suburbs are dark and so quiet that if a hare would run across the street you would hear him. The neighbourhood cats sit in the dark corners of the gardens, quietly, motionlessly, listening for any movements, waiting for any possible prey to attack. The main road is large and is the only connection to the city.... [tags: Papers]
466 words (1.3 pages)
- The Listeners - Original Writing Standing in the misty distance was a shadowy forest; trees swaying, rough leaves softly whispering in the wind. White moon-beams shone brightly upon the woodland that lay below. In the sky, dancing beams of light caught sight of a neglected tower. The ancient turret stood covered in gloomy climbing ivy in a clearing of the forest floor. An extremely weary traveller came out through the damp vegetation. He emerged from his drained stead. Swooping above him, birds flew into the hazy night.... [tags: Free Essays]
392 words (1.1 pages)
- Cottage Life - Original Writing My children’s mother and my ex-partner Jennifer, was born in at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto on March 18th, 1973. Almost everyone in her family was born in Toronto and they still live there today. Toronto will always be her hometown but it is not Toronto that her heart belongs too. Jennifer’s heart belongs to Belmont Lake, a little cottage community just outside of Toronto. When she was four years old, Jennifer and her mother moved to Winnipeg and they have been here ever since.... [tags: Papers]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- Aaliyah - Original Writing "I don't think about my success. I'm happy that the work I've done in the past has been very successful. All I can do is leave it in God's hands and hope my fans feel where I'm coming from. I took the time to give my all." - Aaliyah Haughton. As I sit listening to the infectious, sensuous harmonies of Aaliyah's smooth R & B, I wonder why it had to happen. Why did someone so young with such amazing talent, strength and the potential to carry on rising higher and higher, have to be taken from us.... [tags: Papers]
1646 words (4.7 pages)
- Religious Education- Original Writing In my Religious Education lessons I have studied many different religons and managed to broaden my knowledge on different practices and life styles of people all over the world. Now my school term is ending I have been given the task to choose from different topics, I decided to choose the task of taking 3 religions and comparing their beliefes. I have chosen the religions Judaism, Islam and Rastafarianism. I am going to begin with Judaism- Judaism - Jews believe that actions are very important no matter how much you have studied about the Jewish religion and no matter how high your title may be, if your actions aren't ple... [tags: Papers]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- Original Writing I will be writing a story about an American Family, who has a very intelligent twelve year old child. Who has to undergo an Intelligence test, to see how bright he actually is. After a few hours of waiting, the results return and prove to be conclusive, and, as a result the boy is forced to have his brain removed. And replaced because he is seen as a threat to the future. It is either this, or faces Imprisonment. 'So, it's tomorrow then?', groaned the twelve year old boy.... [tags: Papers]
1240 words (3.5 pages)