Cost analysis of MBA degree:
Cost of MBA degree differs from one institute to other and also with specialization that is the subject chosen by the candidate. Students are also eligible to get scholarship, which reduces the cost of degree. In this analysis one has to consider the foregone income because of regular college and not going for job.
Important costs to be considered are the tuition fees, admission fees, and the scholarship benefits along with the opportunity costs which are annual salary and bonus.
Below table provides for information about the cost of MBA and the income foregone:
Costs of MBA Amount in $ Incomes sacrificed Amount in $
Semester Tuition Fee 20,000 Monthly Salary 4000
Total Tuition Fee 80000
(20000*4) Total Salary 96000(4000*12*2)
Admission Fee 30000 Annual Bonus 15000
Total Tuition and Admission Fee 110000 Total Bonus 30000
Less Scholarship 30000 Total Opportunity Cost 126000
Net Cost Paid 80000
Total Cost of an MBA Degree 206000
There are chances were the cost of MBA degree can be lesser than the estimated costs. Additional scholarship, grants will red...
... middle of paper ...
Http://www.freeby50.com/ (2010, October 29). Cost Benefit Analysis of M.B.A. Degrees | Free By 50. Retrieved February 2, 2014, from http://www.freeby50.com/2010/10/cost-benefit-analysis-of-mba-degrees.html
Http://www.payscale.com/ (2014, February 1). Master of Business Administration - MBA Degree Salaries | PayScale. Retrieved February 2, 2014, from http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Master_of_Business_Administration_%28MBA%29/Salary
MBAGirlJourney (2013, August 26). The Real Cost Of An MBA: $345K So Is It Really Worth It? | Poets and Quants. Retrieved February 2, 2014, from http://poetsandquants.com/2013/08/26/the-real-cost-of-an-mba-345k-so-is-it-really-worth-it/
Yeaple, R. (2012, May 30). Is the MBA Obsolete? - Forbes. Retrieved February 2, 2014, from http://www.forbes.com/sites/ronaldyeaple/2012/05/30/is-the-mba-obsolete/1/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Method The required methods to analyze the significance of completing a finance degree included researching the average earnings after the completion of the MBA degree in relation to not taking one. Analyzing the rankings and results of graduates proved the significance of the impact on average salaries and also how many MBA degree owners obtained better sought out employment opportunities. The main website I used to undertake my research study was Forbes. Forbes contains some of the wealthiest CEO’s and presidents and analyses their educational background.... [tags: experience, knowledge, degree]
1409 words (4 pages)
- MBA 820, Finance, Summer 2005, Final Exam OSU Ohio State University Answer Key Included Part I: Multiple-Choice: [1 point each] 1. If the Markets Desk at the New York Federal Reserve Bank purchases T-bills, this will: 1. Increase the Federal Funds Rate 2. Decrease the Federal Funds Rate 3. Raise the value of the dollar on the foreign exchange market 4. Lower the value of the dollar on the foreign exchange market 5. Both a and c 6. Both a and d 7.... [tags: OSU Ohio Business Finance]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Obtaining Start-Up Finance for a Business This essay is an advise for Mr. Miyako on obtaining start-up finance for a business. Mr. Miyako wants to open a new Japanese restaurant. A suitable location has been selected in the suburban city of Sheffield, South Yorkshire of the United Kingdom, directly in opposite of the train station, with many bus stops in the vicinity. This place is near the Peak district, which is a nature reserve. In the weekends and in holidays the Peak district is visited by lots of people from the city of Sheffield and Manchester.... [tags: Papers]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- The report examines three universities to determine the one that offers the best online MBA program, which suits MegaCorp employees. The three learning institutions examined include the Walden, Washington State, and North Carolina State universities. Of the three, Walden is the cheapest, as it offers the online MBA program at the lowest cost per credit hours followed by Washington State and North Carolina State. However, the Washington State University offers the best online MBA program in terms of its quality and is the most suitable compared to the other two institutions.... [tags: Best Online MBA Program ]
2256 words (6.4 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - Beyond the Curve Having worked in a constantly evolving sector of the economy, I realize the value of an MBA weighs heavily on a program's commitment to staying ahead of the curve. Although the classic lecture format has undeniable value, I believe for an MBA program to truly further my career, it must have something more. My career path has exposed me to many different aspects of the business world and I believe an MBA program should likewise consist of a myriad of course work and experiences.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
592 words (1.7 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - An Entrepreneurial Passion My love for business is not something I was born with. It took over a decade of experience and exploration to discover my passion. This discovery began ten years ago when I accepted a position at The Pitney Bowes Corporation. My job was to make unsolicited phone calls to prospective businesses in order to sell our base model postage meter. All that was required was reading a script, word for word, to potential buyers. Yet, after a week of working at Pitney Bowes, I still didn't know important details about the meter, like what it looked like, and how it actually operated.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essay After graduation from KOREA University, I decided to enter Hyndai MotorCompany(HMC), which is the largest Korean car manufacturer and global player, to pursue a career as an international businessman. In January 1991, I joined Domestic Finance Team of HMC. My specific assignment was to plan monthly and annual financial schedules for HMC's domestic funding needs. About two years later, in January of 1993, I was transferred to Retail Finance Team from Domestic Finance Team and responsible for financing by the sales and factoring of Car Receivables.... [tags: MBA Admissions Essay]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- Having worked on both small and large scale internet ventures, as well as in traditional brick and mortar enterprises, I have truly fallen in love with the entrepreneur world of business. I have been the CEO of my own smaller companies and have been an integral part of large scale operations. My professional goal is to become the most effective entrepreneur and manager I am capable of becoming. My sample set of experiences has been both wide ranging and engaging, but a Harvard Business School education will serve to hone my skills and sharpen my ability to think.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
249 words (0.7 pages)
- Sabanci University Faculty of Management, which opened its doors only in the fall of 1999 to its students, is a newly established institution, therefore so is the SU-MBA Program. Benefiting from being a relatively fresh program SU-MBA had the latest of information about the business world and comparative insights from other MBA programs, of which the number is quite large in the current market. The aim of this paper is to (1) compare and contrast the ontological and epistemological assumptions, (2) amount of experiential learning and (3) job opportunities created of the current and designed SU-MBA Program, also (4) to understand how it has positioned itself with other MBA programs.... [tags: MBA Business Administration Education]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- Finance Wikipedia's accurate definition of finance is "The activity of finance is the application of a set of techniques that individuals and organizations (entities) use to manage their financial affairs, particularly the differences between income and expenditure and the risks of their investments" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finance. I discuss the importance of keeping track and updating financial reports as well as simple bank statements. These are just some of the essentials that I believe we all as a people should acknowledge.... [tags: Business Finance]
1805 words (5.2 pages)