Before we dive right in, I am going to give a little review of the types. This is a summary also from MBTIonline.com. First we have extroversion and introversion spending time alone with a book or just doing something alone? Me too! That means that the rest of you probably receive energy by spending time with a group of people. Now of course both types like to be alone and with people at some point. Your type just explains how receive energy or how you recharge when you are tired.
The next set of types is sensing and intuition. How you take in information. A common way to explain this is to have a group of people analyze an object. Let’s take this desk. Do think of the color, how many feet long it is, or the type of material it is made out of or do you compare it to your desk at home, thi...
... middle of paper ...
...e job doesn’t quite fit me. The Myers-Brigs personality assessment can be very helpful in narrowing down your career options. Today, I’ll show you an example of this by using my personality type. The book What’s My Type of Career, printed in 2010, by PhD Donna Dunning and award winning phycologist, author, and a member of the Myers-brigs training faculty. In her book, she states that by using your type, you can figure out in what environment you prefer to work in. This can help you narrow down career choices.
I am a feeler and this part of my personality really attracts me to a job that I could work with people. A lot of ISFJs work in the medical field and I am considering becoming a nurse. My type didn’t define who I am or what job I should take, but it has helped me understand who I am, how I work with people and what jobs may fit my personality better than other.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I have chosen the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment as well as the Standout Strengths Assessment to analyze and evaluate my leadership capabilities. Many class lectures, materials, discussions and exercises have been vital in my personal analysis. My interactions with my teammates, and inputs from my family members have helped me understand my strengths and shortcomings. Furthermore, I have read a couple of books on leadership, which helped me analyze the results of my assessments. As determined by the MBTI test I have an ESFJ personality [Extroverted Feeling Sensing Judgment].... [tags: Leadership, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment, which will be referred to as MBTI throughout this report, was first developed by Isabel Briggs Myers and her mother, Katherine Cook Briggs (Neubert 53). The MBTI is based on the psychological type theory of Carl Jung (Neubert 53). In answering the questions of the Myers-Briggs Personality Assessment, I was able to find out that I am an ESFJ type personality (Humanmetrics). The first letter in my psychological profile is an E. The E is reflective of my extraversion type personality (Neubert 53).... [tags: Personality psychology]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- The book, Gifts Differing by Isabel Briggs Myers and Peter B. Myers is written with a lot of complexity. Isabel Briggs Myers had no training as a psychologist; she broke new ground when she applied Carl Hustav Jung’s psychological types to healthy individuals. In addition, the book describes the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment that was designed to measure psychological preferences in how people understand the world and make decisions. Throughout the book, she explains that each human being has unique, innate gifts.... [tags: gifts, perference, understand, decisions]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- According to the Myers-Briggs personality assessment, my personality type is INTJ: Introvert, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging. According to this assessment, judgment is my greatest characteristic (38%). Judgments are referred to descriptions that express our appraisals based on certain criteria. Judgments contain both facts and inferences. The purpose behind these actions is to express a verdict regarding what is happening, (Chaffee, 2004). Based also on the results of the Myers-Briggs, it could be said that inference is not a strong feature of my personality (intuitive 9%).... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
713 words (2 pages)
- After completing the Myers-Briggs Personality Type Assessment, I learned that my personality type is ENTJ, and this type makes up about 4% of the U.S. population. Surprisingly, I found that some of the richest persons of the world like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Jim Carrey are ENTJ’s as well. To me, people having the ENTJ type are born to be leaders, for they know how to inspire people to follow their ideas, but they do not know how to essentially work with other people’s emotions. ENTJ stands for Extravert, Intuitive, Thinking and Judging.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
700 words (2 pages)
- Teams and the MBTI Assessment A successful team environment is dependent upon understanding the purpose of the team, knowing the characteristics of the team, making necessary adjustments through change and education, and keeping an open mind to unfamiliar ideas and concepts. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality assessment can provide individuals with an understanding of various characteristics in people. Understanding your own personal characteristics, was well as those of your team can aid in bringing balance to a team environment, which is key to success.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- Personality Personality is the combination of characteristics and qualities that forms an individual 's character. It 's the way individuals interact and react with each other. Theories suggest that personalities can be the results of heredity (biological, physiological, or inherent) or environmental (culture, society, or media). Over the years, personality and assessment frameworks have been developed to shade some light on how our behavior is linked to our personalities. Because personality is a set of individual differences that are effect the behavior of an individual, Briggs Type Indicator and the Big Five Personality Model has been designed to help provide a better understanding perso... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- Self-assessment tests have been around for as long as I can remember. The first self-assessment test I took was when I joined the Navy. I remember thinking what in the world does any of this have to do with joining the military. I soon discovered that it tested more than mental aptitude. It really showed mental, physical, and social traits that one possessed when put in situations that they had no control over. The tests are designed to gauge where one will be when stuck in a situation that they cannot get out of like out to sea on a boat or submarine for six months at a time.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- MBTI® Assessment Organizations are increasingly utilizing teams to manage large workloads and many times, with smaller staffs. Those responsible for assembling the teams have many methods at their disposal from randomly choosing the requisite number of bodies to using scientific and psychological methods of achieving a balanced team. With luck, randomly choosing team members may result in success; however, this is not likely, as most organizations are comprised of a diverse workforce. One method of achieving a team that embodies esprit de corps is the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®), which allows the leader insight into the personalities of potential team members.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- PA #3: Personality Assessment Take the test: http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test. 1. Results. Write up your result (the letters and the full typology) and your interpretation of the meaning of your result (do not copy and paste what the assessment gives you). - I have a Protagonist Personality (ENFJ – -A/-T) - I love people. Since I am 81% extroverted, I gain energy from being with others and seek to make the people I love happy and one of my greatest joys is to see those I love succeed and have their dreams come true (16 Personalities, 2017).... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1311 words (3.7 pages)