Colorado Christian University is the perfect combination of educational and learned excellence with true faith and the incorporation of the knowledge of Jesus Christ.
How will completing a graduate degree at CCU influence your personal and professional development?
Even though it was hard to go to work and school, class night was my favorite night of the week. For the first time in my life I felt like I wasn’t working hard at all in doing something that I loved. I soaked up the information like a sponge. However, even though I learned about human behavior, the brain and the connection with spirituality, I felt like I did not have the tools to implement them in certain parts of my life. I could understand why people felt a certain way, or behaved a certain way, and I have used those skills every day, but my heart is to heal others and I feel like I am handicapped in doing that. I knew that I needed an extra understanding of how to be a counselor and the doors a ...
... middle of paper ...
...t you out for counsel or affirmed that they believe you should consider becoming a counselor?*
Yes, I have heard that multiple times during my life. Many people in my church have said that they see me as a healer. I am part of the prayer team after service at church and just love bringing God into their moment, young or old. My favorite affirmations though have been from the young adults in our group that my husband and I run. It has been an honor and a privilege mentoring these guys and girls for the past two years. There is nothing that I love more than to help them with issues that come along in young adult hood. All of my friends seem to come to me when the “going gets tough” for advice or a different perspective. Even people that I work with come to me for not only personal but just work related issues. In my last job especially but also my current job as well.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A. General Introduction and Reasons for Pursuing Social Work Degree On May 14th, 2016 I will be the first, from both my immediate family and extended family to graduate from college. This is not only an extraordinary milestone for me, but it is also a huge deal for my family as well. My family is composed of caring and hardworking individuals, who relocated from Mexico to the United States as undocumented immigrants, in hopes of having a chance of a better life for their families and themselves.... [tags: Sociology, Family, Alcoholism, Social work]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- I am currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree (BFA) in Interactive Media Design (IMD) at Franklin University. There are a multitude of reasons why I have chosen this degree; some personal, some professional, and some employment related. Personally, with the responsibilities of life, the convenience of an online program was a top priority. Additionally, because of where I work, I get an extra 15% discount on tuition at Franklin. Once I landed on an institution, I took a look at the programs within.... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education, Master's degree]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- Education and learning has always been very important to me. Graduating undergraduate and graduate school was something I knew I would accomplish. I never thought about pursuing a doctorate degree until I started my Master’s program. I thought of the impact I could make in Higher Education with my experience, purpose and passion. Looking back at the environment that I came from, single parent family, first-generation, and an at-risk student, I had to try harder than others to get ahead. I always sought out more for myself.... [tags: University, Academic degree]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- Education has a concept that has a significant meaning; hence, it allows an individual to acquire particular knowledge or skills. Education is what prepares one’s mind to learn and understand important ideas. The thought of attending college is a debatable choice as it is debated that having a college education increases an individual’s quality of life and society. Money and time are required to obtain a higher education and can be a hardship; however, it does not compare to the possible advantages and outcomes one receives for initiating a path to a college degree and success.... [tags: Higher education, University, Academic degree]
2005 words (5.7 pages)
- My Motivation One of the many opportunities we have in the United States today is access to an education. I believe that being educated by teachers is very important. There are many benefits for pursuing a college degree. A few valuable advantages of higher education are African-Americans (and other minorities), like me, are able to be educated, job security, and a great salary. When I was growing up, my mom always let my siblings and I know the importance of education. For example, if I did not know the meaning of a word, my mom would say, “Look it up in the dictionary.” This taught me to read and research information instead of asking my mom for the answer.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Higher education]
710 words (2 pages)
- I started my undergraduate education pursuing a political science degree with an international relations concentration because I was interested in how to solve political conflicts on an international scale. I double majored in social policy & practice because I wanted to approach problems from a policy standpoint. However, as my studies progressed, I had two experiences that shifted my focus away from human behaviors and problems in the political and policy arena toward clinical psychology and the pursuit of a Psy.D.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology, Psychiatry]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- If admitted, I plan to pursue an ED.d degree in Urban Educational Leadership on a full-time basis starting Fall 2016. My main goal in pursuing a doctorate from this institution is so that I may obtain the skills, knowledge, and credentials in order to be able to create programs that instruct future teachers who will be entering urban schools. I want to help improve the quality of the education that students in my community will receive by building relationships with students, educators, and other invested parties that transcend the walls of any school building.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, High school]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- Some people in life usually do not have any perceptions of what their professional career is all about before they get into it. Some, once they got in, do not have any desire or ambition of moving further to acquire more education in addition to what they already have. There are others whose life experiences have shaped their beliefs and have been the driving force for their dream career. My life experiences have been the driving force behind my dream about carrier in nursing and why I decided to further my education to pursue a graduate degree program.... [tags: Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- As a first generation college student and first generation American, navigating higher education has been a challenge. Coming from a low-income family and one of the lowest performing school districts in Colorado made my journey more intimidating. Over half of my classmates dropped out and took a negative turn in life, but I wanted something better for myself and family. In the Latino community, pursuing a graduate degree is rare, and similar trends are seen in the LGBTQ community. As a result of my identities and the environment I grew up in, the chances of me completing an undergraduate degree were scarce, but I have overcame adversities have taken advantage of all the opportunities that w... [tags: University, Higher education, Education, Student]
708 words (2 pages)
- 1.Discuss your reasons for pursuing the Major/Academic Program selected above? My personality and personal experiences have helped me to decide upon accounting as my chosen major. Before I immigrated to the United States in 2010, I had a small business in China for more than nine years. This experience and my desire to be an entrepreneur taught me the importance of accounting. In order to manage my business well, I attended a course in basic accounting at a local training institute. While in training, I learned that I loved working with numbers and applying financial analysis to economic issues.... [tags: Higher education, Education, Academic degree]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- The Flawless Beauty And Intelligent Knowledge
- Analysis Of The Article ' Nationalism Is Not Necessarily A Bad Thing ' By Michael Barone
- I Learned Many Things About Philip Caputo And His Tour Of Duty
- The Jilting Of Granny Weatherall
- Analysis Of The Poem Curing Aids, By Rafael Campo And Tony Kushner
- Leadership The Action Of Leading A Person Or Organization