I got my first baby sibling when I was 5 years old. It was amazing because I really needed someone to play with at the time due to the fact that my two older brothers never wanted to play with me or when they did, they found ways to get rid of me really fast. I thought that she would catch up to me and we would be the same age, kind of like twins! It did not work that way. She never caught up and I just kept getting older and older. By the time she was 5, I was no longer interested in the Barbie dolls and Dora shows. I felt like I was too old for her. Yes, we bonded. No, we did not always get along. I mean, what siblings do? So, now that I realize that we aren’t going to be the same age at the same time, we try our best to combine our likes and dislikes to help us get along better.
In the year 2010, my mom gave me some big news. I have to admit that I already knew what she was going to say because I had seen evidence that same day. I had found a pregnancy test in the bathroom while I was in search for my face cleanser. So, when my mom told me the news I was still a bit surprised. She was pregnant. I did not really know how to feel, considering I was already 14 and I didn’t think Mom was thinking about having another baby, but I was happy for her. I went through the rest of the day feeling somewhat excited. I was ready for Mom to have this baby.
As the months went by, the bigger Mom’s belly got, the bigger my excitement grew. I would rub her stomach and feel the baby move. I woul...
... middle of paper ...
...reat. The opportunity to be older than someone else helped me become someone better. Some things are to never be forgotten and the memories that I have with and of my little brother and sister are examples of that. Although I am a lot older than my youngest sibling, it will never stop me from being a sister. I feel that it is my job to give the little ones advice and help lead them in the right direction in life. My feelings over this experience are indescribable. If there was anything that I could ever change, I wouldn’t change anything. Not even the dirty diapers I helped change or the staying up late nights with Mom. Thanks to them I always tell myself that I will never have kids until I know for sure what I am doing. I understand that there is a lot to it and I think that I will stick with just little siblings for now. Annoying yet sweet little sister and brother
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Destined To Die - Original Writing Buildings collapsed to the ground hysterically, like a baby trying to take his first steps, but slowly stumbling back down. People were crushed devastatingly under buildings; people fled the city like an army of ants marching out. Cars crashed into each other dreadfully, children lost in contact with their beloved parents, nevertheless many people raced towards any open churches, for protection and prayers, but many unfortunately collapsed too.... [tags: Papers]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- Where to Go When You Have No Where Else To Go When writing, I have always struggled with many different aspects of writing. With writing, you have to make sure everything is organized and makes sense. For the midterm project, we had to pick out the three main points we struggled worse in and find resources that helped us when writing. The three main struggles I had were, organizing my paragraphs, creating a catchy thesis, and revising my papers. The resources I used were 3 online articles.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Academia, Need]
1065 words (3 pages)
- It was the first time I saw my father. At the age of 5, I was visiting Florida for the first time. The sunny sky and the blue ocean breezy made me feel happy. The atmosphere was so different from New York. I always thought New York was always fast paced and the south was relaxed. I was staying at my aunt’s house for the night. When my cousin Zach and I were playing in the living room. This strange twenty- something year old man walks into the room. My mother was talking to him, but I wasn’t paying to much attention.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Marriage]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- The Plight of the Tierzans - Original Writing “Sir, the full moon, just like in the vision.” “Yes, Dimitri, this is the hour for which we have prepared.” An army assembled in the streets. The soldiers were dressed in a dark green uniform as far as the eye could see. Anticipation dwelled in the air. Then it happened. Five massive creature resembling apes tore through the streets. Their fierce red eyes were focused on destruction. Grotesque smiles crossed their faces. Their hands gripped soldiers and tails whipped at them.... [tags: Papers]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- This Case of Insanity - Original Writing It seems strange to be sitting here writing, not having used pen and paper for twelve months. They don't usually allow you to have such things in here, but one of the wardens, with whom I have made friends, said that as I have been exceptionally well behaved he would see what he could do for me. I am writing this under supervision; however, for they fear that I may do something dangerous with the pen - such as gouging out one of my fellow patient's eyes.... [tags: Papers]
1407 words (4 pages)
- What's For Dinner - Original Writing ‘It was Thursday,’ Fasial complained, ‘fish and chips day, so why are we having shepherds pie?’ ‘I don’t know?’ said Umar. Fasial and Umar were twins and went to the same school. Umar spent half his time at school keeping his brother out of trouble. He swallowed large portions of the pie ‘Its very tasty anyway. Try it,’ said Umar to Fasial. Fasial tried it, it was good, but he wasn’t going to admit it, because he was looking forward to fish and chips and shepherds pie wasn’t the same.... [tags: Papers]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- My Nightmare - Original Writing It was Monday morning, my first day of babysitting. I wanted some extra money and because it was the school holidays, I decided that babysitting for my mum's friend (Elizabeth) was a good idea. I had to look after baby John who was six months old between the hours of 9 and 4, Monday-Saturday, which I didn't mind doing because I loved kids. Elizabeth, had moved away with her husband Steve, a few years ago because of his job, but still they kept in contact.... [tags: Papers]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- My Life - Original Writing I am woken up by a loud bleeping noise. It's the truck picking up the rubbish left outside the kebab shop. I get up and stretch as my legs ache from being curled up al night, trying to keep out the cold. A cat brushes himself against my leg and sends a shiver up my spine like the one I got when Jason was screaming at me for not telling him I was going to be late from work. It's a Sunday morning and I walk down the deserted street looking for somewhere to have a cup of coffee, I only have eighty pence on me which isn't enough for a bacon sandwich so I'll have to settle for a coffee.... [tags: Papers]
626 words (1.8 pages)
- Say Goodbye - Original Writing 'Why not?' With those two unfaithful words, Reverend Bowdon changed the course of my life. Just before saying them to me, he had spent hours discussing various sections of the Bible in excruciatingly fine detail with Bishop Fleming. He pointed out that Leviticus warns Christians not to marry their sister, aunt, mother, mother-in-law, daughter or even their granddaughter (should they be tempted).But my intentions were not as sinful infact I thought they were perfectly normal.... [tags: Papers]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Dad - Original Writing "Hurry up Mark," called Jan, "Paul will be here in a minute." The usual Friday-night scrimmage to get Mark ready for his weekend visit with his Dad was nearly over. "Did you pack my England shirt Mum?" he shouted from the bedroom. "Yes, and I have packed the England flag too." Jan answered. "What are you doing now?" she enquired. "I'm just doing my hair." he yelled back. "Ah, that reminds me, I've also packed a can of red hair spray. Will Jo have time to do it for you tomorrow?" Jan checked.... [tags: Papers]
1414 words (4 pages)