My Chemical Romance is a pop/punk band. It is debated however, what genre of music it
truly belongs to. Some people argue it belongs into the "emo" genre, others say "pop". Whatever
genre of music it truly belongs to, My Chemical Romance sure has changed the lives of everyone
who listens to them. From their first album, I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your
Love, to their last, May Death Never Stop You, fans all around the world have supported them in
their 12 years of music.
It all started when lead singer, Gerard Way, was doing animation in New York City. Suddenly,
he began to rethink his life and what direction he wanted to go with it. His high school friends
had finished high school and scattered around to decide where to go in life, some still attending
school. Way called his friend Matt, who had been asking himself the same questions, they
decided to get together and play some music. Matt soon became the drummer and together they
started to write songs. (mychemicalromanceweb.yaia.com)
The first song that Way and Pelissier came up with was called "Skylines and Turnstiles" (a
title reflecting the fact that Way had been working in New York City, where he was in the
animation field). Way and Pelissier both felt good about the song, and Way asked guitarist Ray
Toto if he would be interested in working with them. My Chemical Romance's five-man lineup
was complete when Way, Pelissier, and Toto joined forces with bassist Mikey Way (Gerard Way's
brother) and guitarist Frank Iero. With that lineup in place, the band started playing all around
the Northeast Corridor and made plans to begin working on its first album.
... middle of paper ...
...over. Gerard Way, Ray Toro,
Frank Iero, Matt Pellesier, and Mikey Way, all split up and went their own ways. (radio.com)
"Biography of My Chemical Romance bio, history, career, band evolution." Biography of My Chemical Romance bio, history, career, band evolution. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Apr. 2014.
"My Chemical Romance Biography | Rolling Stone." Rolling Stone. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Apr. 2014.
"My Chemical Romance Break Up: Gerard & Mikey Way Explain Why - Radio.com." Radiocom. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Apr. 2014.
"My Chemical Romance." - ImNotOkay.net. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every member of every family in history has a distinct personality, which can often calls forth a tension that is unlike any other. Many people have a hard time understanding that someone that is related to them could be so drastically different. Throughout “Everyday Use” by Alice Walker, there are many examples explaining the qualities and mentality of each character, as well as the themes represented in the story and noticeable symbolism. The most notable theme in the story is jealousy, which the reader gets a sense of the further down they read, as well as in the way they describe each character, the interactions between each one, and the symbols used in the story.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, My Chemical Romance]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- Emotions from a betrayal range from person to person, anywhere from being distraught to having a feeling similar of the heart being tightly squeezed and then being ripped out of its spot and thrown on the floor. Medea in the beginning displays her emotions by being a hot mess, crying her eyes out and wailing for the whole world to hear, or at least the characters around her. While many characters do not have names other than what they are, Euripides has them as minor characters to help give the audience and reader’s details that back then, had to be explained when used in a play.... [tags: Emotion, Feeling, Love, My Chemical Romance]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Young adults all around the world have to choose in which way they wish to grow up and what they would like to grow into. Sometimes individuals choose to follow the footsteps their mothers and fathers have taken. For example, they carry the same beliefs and cultures that their parents taught them into their adult life and into their future families. Others may decide to make their own path in which they live. In Alice Walker’s short story, “Every day Use,” we learn that one of the family members in the story is an individual who belongs to the group of making their own paths in their life.... [tags: Family, Short story, My Chemical Romance]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Hate is a powerful tool: it can break barriers, create violence, establish revenge, or destroy people entirely. Leaving behind rationality; “hatred is a way to shut down the mind to a degree, in order to handle overwhelming stress or trauma”(Wilson 2014), through hatred people detach themselves from practicality and inevitably ensue themselves with violence and revenge. The main character Zits in the novel Flight by Sherman Alexie goes on a spiritual journey to find out what hatred, violence, and revenge can cause.... [tags: Love, Novel, Sherman Alexie, My Chemical Romance]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- According to the Webster's dictionary love is defined as “a feeling of strong personal attachment; ardent affection or the strong liking of another person.” However, in all actuality what is love. What is it that causes the butterflies. What is it that causes the emotions that can't be described in words other than, “you just know?” the feelings for every person are unique when it comes to love which makes defining it even more difficult. Even though the relationships and the experiences differ for each person; the concept of love all involves the same three stages- lust, attraction, and attachment.... [tags: Psychology]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- ... A simple action such as a deep look into someone's eyes can start the simulation in the body that an increased production of hand sweat will start. The tingly feeling inside your body is a result of a scientific delineation which makes the concept of love more concretely and more factually mainly for researchers and the wider world.The main idea the author tries to bring across is that love is very much controlled by our body and brain. Although that biochemical events must occur to charity functions to be able to exhibit, we are the first one who starts with our own idea of who it is perfect for ourselves.... [tags: biochemical events, romance]
540 words (1.5 pages)
- Love is an intense attraction one has over another person. Finding love is often a long extensive journey which most humans crave. Once someone falls in love, their decision making is often altered as well how their brain reacts to certain situations. The chapter “Chemistry of Love: Scanning the Brain in Love” by Helen Fisher goes in detail about which specific chemicals in a human’s brain are triggered when an individual has fallen in romantic love. A project that was started in 1996 by Fisher, was used to gather enough data to connect patterns between what is going on in the brain when someone is falling in love.... [tags: Love, Romance, Romance, Brain]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- !!!What Is A Chemical Formula. Everyday, we encounter chemical substances. In our household alone, substances that we use to clean, and those that are staples in our medicine cabinet, as shown in the picture below, are made up of chemical substances. These chemicals that we use everyday are made up of atoms of a fixed proportion and these atoms are arranged in a certain way. How do we know what the atoms are, their proportion as well as their arrangement. This information can be gathered from the chemical formula of the substance.... [tags: Chemistry, Chemical element, Chemical substance]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Chemical kinetics is a branch of chemistry which refers to chemical reactions with respect to reaction rates, effect of various variables, re-arrangement of atoms, formation of intermediates and much more (Chung Chieh, 2016).The importance of chemical kinetics is that it provides evidence for the mechanisms of chemical processes and provides a very detailed description of what happens to each molecule —which bonds are broken and formed, and how the three-dimensional shapes of the chemicals changes during the course of a chemical reaction (Keith J.... [tags: Chemical kinetics, Chemical reaction, Chemistry]
1084 words (3.1 pages)
- The job of a Chemical Engineer involves using sciences like physics, chemistry, and life science as well as mathematics and technology to figure out the production of a chemical. This is used to test out how dangerous a chemical is, it affect how easy it is to get our hand on it. Not only does this job involve the production of chemicals but it also involves the production and/or use of fuels, drugs(medication), food, and other products. You could get a look into what it is like to become a chemical engineer by taking classes in high school like chemistry, physics, biology, mathematics as in algebra 1 and 2, trigonometry, and calculus.... [tags: Chemical engineering, Chemical reaction]
814 words (2.3 pages)