All my life I’ve met a lot of people and have had a lot of different friends with their own personalities and characteristics. My best friend since I’ve moved from D.C. to West Virginia, has one characteristic that stands out the most in my eyes over everyone else. He loves to try new things no matter what he heard from others that wanted to doubt his ideas. His dedication to the things that he is passionate about is outstanding. He has shown that when he wants something that he will dedicate every living second to what it is.
I first realized that his dedication for things was his predominant trait was when we played basketball together my sophomore year of high school. We always stayed at each other houses over the weekend and even weekdays. We both wanted to be on varsity that year, so we pushed each other on and off the court. However, his drive to be the best was stronger than mine at the time, so no matter what we did the night before he was awake the next morning for his workouts at six am. He would run across town in a weight trainer’s vest and mask. His dedicat...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My whole life I have been what some people might call a loner. I’d gotten through elementary school with two best friends, both of whom had moved away by the time I was in sixth grade. When I got my class list that year, I wasn’t expecting much. I was in a class with a group of girls who had been best friends since kindergarten. I had tried being friends with them- but I never really fit in. Nobody was exactly begging to sit by me either. I was sad most days, and I didn’t even have anyone to talk to about it.... [tags: a thank you note to my friend]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- You never really know when your life is going to do a three sixty. When it happens some of us are lucky and it changes our lives in a positive way, but for me that was not the case. When I came to college I wanted to break away from the life I once had. Like most people I wanted to find myself and finally be who I was never able to be in high school and living at home. The night of October thirty first of my freshmen year I met a person who would change my life and the lives of those around me. My best friend Josh always wanted to be the one to take my drunken virginity.... [tags: Family, Mother, Multiracial, Load Me Up]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- My Best Friend Jen I have a best friend and her name is Jennifer, Jen for short. She has influenced me in so many ways throughout the years. We have been friends since we were three years old. We met in preschool and have been inseparable ever since. She is the peanut butter to my jelly and the ketchup to my fries. She has been there for me through every hurdle I faced in life. We have experienced so many life experiences together that we could have been sisters. Jen knows everything about me. She has been to every major and minor event in my life including my wedding and the birth of my two children.... [tags: Family, Interpersonal relationship, Help me, Life]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- A best friend is a special person. Someone you can always talk to and count on. When growing up you never truly know what a best friend is until you find one. I found mine when I was in third grade. In the summer when school was out my older brother, younger sister and I would stay at home. We lived on Sheridan so we would always go sit on the porch and watch the cars go by. One day the house next door to us was bought, my brother and I watched as the new neighbors moved all of their belongings into the house.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, Friendship]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- Darkness be my friend Title: Darkness Be My Friend Author: John Marsden Publisher: Pan Macmillan Publishers Publishing Date: 1996 Plot: Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden’s series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, The Dead of the Night and The Third Day, This book is in which seven teenagers are in the middle of a violent war. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie go camping to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote valley surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness be my Friend]
1066 words (3 pages)
- “A best friend is a person who you value above other friends in your life, someone you have fun with, someone you trust and someone in whom you confide.” -Your Dictionary Ever since I was a kid, I have had one best friend. Being kids we would the normal things any pair of “best friends forever” would do. From crazy stunts, to small arguments (which would lead to big arguments), to always telling each other everything, and always having fun. At the time I couldn 't help but think we were going to be “best friend FOREVER”.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- Friendship is something we 've all experienced. And, from the wise words of Dr. Seuss, "be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind." The ability to care without judgement is a magnificent quality seeing as we all know some best friends can take “be who you are” and “say what you feel” to a whole other level. These are the friends who care, who encourage, who force you to put yourself out there. The ones who make you eat your green eggs and ham (even when you don’t want to).... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
837 words (2.4 pages)
- Brownie is a stuffed dog that own and he has been my best friend since I was a little kid. Through Brownie I have learned what it means to be a best friend. Brownie has always been there for me to vent my thoughts and feelings to. He has seen how much I 've changed since I was a little kid, and he knows what I have done in my life. Brownie knows how I think when I am happy, or sad. Brownie is also there for me through hard times and he give me courage to get through those hard times. When I was about six, I was spending the night at my grandma 's house.... [tags: High school, Family, Middle school, Stepfamily]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Being married to somebody that a person loves is such a magnificent thing to admire. Having a person by your side that is your best friend really helps improve a person’s health. Having a significant other make their best friend happy, excited, feel supported, and other emotions that a person cannot describe or put into words. When a person knows their significant other really well, the individual can detect when they do not feel well or when they are having a long, emotional day. The significant other will be supportive and attempt to boost their best friend’s confidence and tell them that everything will turn out well and will improve with time.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Love, Kinship]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- My Best Friend is Dead My best friend and I were together all the time, doing nothing without the other. But one day I realized that somewhere along the road somebody failed her, and every day I cannot help but wonder if it might have been me. Everything she went through, I was there for her, but I guess some things are too hard for even friendship. Not a day goes by that I don't remember. How could I ever forget. I'm sharing this story for the first time since it happened. The last time we had no worries, well, that were apparent, was on August 20 of '97.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
592 words (1.7 pages)