When I was a sophomore, I took a computer applications class, which focused mainly on the four major programs in Microsoft Office. We started with the basic knowledge that everyone should know. We moved on to the more difficult information, where I started learning valuable and helpful hints to get a job done more efficiently and effectively. As the teacher stands at the front of the room, she explains that we must take certain steps to get the product we want. We went through the different programs, learning new techniques that were easier to use. One of the formulas that I learned was the VLOOKUP. This formula meant nothing to me back then, but I recently just used it at work to look up information in a huge Excel file. The formula allowed me to do this quickly and gave me a feeling of pride since I remembered how to do it. Even though I thought I would never use a lot of the information I learned from my sophomore computer application class, I have used many different things since then.
Being a part of the computer applications class, my t...
... middle of paper ...
... they are struggling with. Helping people with Microsoft or computer problems gives me a sense of pride, because I love helping others.
Looking back at my high school experience through FBLA and computer classes, I never thought I would become so literate in the program of Microsoft Office. My computer applications class my sophomore year taught me many things that I still use today, for classes in college and even in my job at the Teachers’ College. The FBLA organization showed me that I could accomplish and learn anything that I set my mind to, including returning to the national conference stage. Finally, I got certified in a few of the programs, which allows me to help others with their computer or Microsoft programs. I never imagined that one class and one small school organization would create such a huge impact on my life and make me so literate in Microsoft.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Is the Microsoft Surface durable. According to one video summary of a man torture testing the surface the product is put thru multiple extremes that the average person probably wouldn’t try. First, he places the Surface in his personal freezer for two and a half hours allowing ice to accumulate on the product; after immediately retrieving the product from the freezer he turns it on with success and no delay. The second test he performs is putting the product thru heat. He starts by preheating his oven to two-hundred fifty degrees and cracking a raw egg on to the Surface.... [tags: consumer´s want, protecting a brand]
1641 words (4.7 pages)
- Advanced Features of Microsoft Office Features of Microsoft Office allow the user to control and fine tune their works with the aim of increasing efficiency. The following important options are found in most of the application among many others: a) Paste option b) Recent option c) Templates The old versions of Microsoft office that had paste options that were limited. However, the latest versions have several options other than simply pasting. These options are available through the Paste option found in the Home tab under the Clipboard group.... [tags: Microsoft Office, Microsoft]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Introduction Most of you might have heard of the renowned software that’s been alive for decades and is at its peaks as it’s been producing and developing the software year after year. Microsoft Office is an office suite of applications, servers, and services developed by Microsoft. It was first announced by Bill Gates on 1 August 1988, at COMDEX in Las Vegas (Anon., n.d.). Originally a marketing term for a bundled set of applications, the first version of Office contained Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.... [tags: Microsoft Office, Microsoft, Word processor]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- New software – Microsoft Office 2016 Microsoft Office 2016 is a version of the Microsoft Office which success Office 2013. It includes the apps we are used to, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. New features in the Windows release include the ability to create, open, edit and save files in the cloud straight from the desktop. Microsoft Office 2016 is available on both Windows and MAC which remains the main attraction. There is a new search tool for commands available in word, PowerPoint, excel and Outlook called “Tell me”, more “Send As” options in Word and PowerPoint.... [tags: Microsoft, Operating system, Windows Vista]
2278 words (6.5 pages)
- In the Beginning Microsoft is a multinational corporation founded in Albuquerque, New Mexico and was headquartered in Redmond, Washington in the year of 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen. Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. The most famous products from Microsoft are the windows line of operating systems: Microsoft office and Internet Explorer browser. Microsoft is considered the world’s largest software maker also one of the most valuable companies.... [tags: Microsoft, Operating system, Microsoft Windows]
1669 words (4.8 pages)
- Introduction Microsoft Excel 2013 (Ms Excel 2013) is a spreadsheet application advanced by Microsoft as part of Ms Office suit software whose stable system release was on September 8th, 2015. The application incorporates numerous new features ranging from calculation tools, graphing tools, pivot tables among other productive, collaborative and security features all for performance improvements. Basically, the Excel 2013 has its improvements from previous versions due to its ability of highlighting the expedient and relevant features for the common users.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Bill, first I would like to take the time to tell you how very excited I am to have the opportunity to assist you with your business start up plan and providing you with the tools to help you achieve your business goals. I know we have a long way to go to get you where you want to be but I am looking forward to the journey we have together. Based on the criteria and outline you provided me with, I have come up with a plan and a budget destined for success. First off, we want to start with your hardware.... [tags: Microsoft Office, Microsoft, Microsoft Windows]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Easy Tips to Improve your Excel Formulas Many people in the business world tend to shy away from using Microsoft Excel. One of the main reasons that they do this is because they are intimidated by excel formulas. These are definitely areas within the program that are difficult, especially when you are first starting out. However, with a few tricks and tips, you can easily find that it is much simpler than perceived to create effective and powerful excel formulas. Here are some ways for you to do just that: Keep it Simple The first thing you need to remember when you are working with Excel formulas is to keep them as simple as you possible can.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- Microsoft is a dominant tool used in the business world, because of its vast range of computing solutions. Microsoft allows us to run businesses around the world, create solutions, and make discoveries. It is the most famous and user friendly work program. Microsoft Office affects businesses in many positive ways. Microsoft Office can be used in any business environment. Word is used for typing, excel for calculations, and powerpoint to creatively display a business’s work. Microsoft is the universal software; in order for a business to stay current, they must use Microsoft Office.... [tags: business, computing, Word, PowerPoint]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Microsoft Microsoft continues its domination of the system software market thanks to the launch of Vista OS. But the rest are girding up as well Shashwat DC The Giant from Redmond might be under some pressure across the advanced markets due to a variety of reasons ranging from anti-trust to free software; nonetheless it continues to rule the Indian software market. Though there was a single percent drop in Microsofts market share, much like last year, it continues to command more than double of all Linux strains put together.... [tags: Software Microsoft Market Leader]
1351 words (3.9 pages)