As more and more companies are looking to adopt automation to manage their leads and prospects, they are quickly realizing there is more to making the move to automation than just a technology purchase.
For many marketers, purchasing this type of technology is unchartered territory. So, it’s vital that they understand what they’ll need in order to make their technology investment successful.
Here are five things every organization should consider before investing in a marketing automation service.
1. CONSIDER: YOUR LEAD MANAGEMENT PROCESS (IS THERE ONE?)
Lead ManagementEven with staggering statistics of the adoption and benefits of marketing automation, other research shows that many organizations have not achieved a level of process maturity and therefore are not getting the full value from their automation investments.
I’ve personally talked with numerous marketers that are currently paying for automation services, yet using the technology at a low capacity. It’s like having a smartphone yet only using it to make calls.
Organizations need to consider analyzing and developing a Lead Management Process. This alone will help you to get the maximum return from your investment. I encourage you to whiteboard your process out and then formally document it for all involved departments to review.
You should consider:
Identifying your leads. Develop your buyer personas and what their buying questions are.
Creating a scoring/grading structure f...
... middle of paper ...
...ou should be! “Bells and whistles” do not mean much if they are not being used.
There are a lot of considerations when it comes to selecting the right marketing automation solution. However if you know your target leads, are collaborating with sales, producing content to educate your audience, and have a team that sees revenue generation as a key aspect of their job, you’re on the right track for successfully automating your marketing efforts.
If you’re looking into marketing automation and have questions about integration with your website or want to learn how Drupal is a perfect CMS for marketing automation, feel free to contact us. We’ll be glad to discuss any specific issues with your website and how we can help you address them quickly.
- See more at: http://www.mediacurrent.com/blog/5-things-consider-purchasing-marketing-automation#sthash.izanwmIE.dpuf
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Research revealed that “53% of marketers say continued communication and nurturing of their existing customers results in moderate to significant revenue impact.” To serve your customers better, your business must be ready and willing to communicate with them often. Communication offers your team the opportunity to identify customer needs and build value-added services. Marketing automation is one solution to maintaining a positive consumer relationship. It helps you build personal connections with customers without the time-consuming tasks.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Customer service, Customer]
1061 words (3 pages)
- itracMarketer vs. Hubspot Compare Marketing Automation More Features. More Affordable. ItracMarketer is Spot-On. Marketing Automation for all Price levels Centralized and Local Marketing Automation for distributed organizations Unlimited Emails Efficient Survey Builder Anti-Spam Compliance Hubspot is an established Marketing Automation Software provider featuring inbound lead generation capabilities to businesses but these services come with a premium price tag, lack some features and do not meet the needs of more sophisticated organizations requiring local marketing automation support.... [tags: Marketing, Internet marketing, Economics, Business]
1862 words (5.3 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Programmatic Marketing is a growing discipline becoming popular in the Marketing community at an exponential rate. In, 2014, $10.06 billion dollars were spent programmatically and is increasing by 30% yearly according to the review by Boston consulting group. It is expected to reach $30 billion by 2019. With technology innovation at its peak, Programmatic is outgrowing the traditional marketing. With ads being placed for online display, mobile and video campaigns, Programmatic is making its way into TV and Social media too.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Artificial intelligence]
707 words (2 pages)
- ... Some larger modernized transit systems are already using automated/electronic methods of collecting fares, tracking ridership information, and invoicing companies for rides. Electronic method has two basic parameters for fare payments, these are (1) Payment options i.e. single-ride, multi-ride, period pass, stored value, and post payment; and (2) Payment media i.e. cash, token, paper ticket, magnetic ticket, smart card, credit card, debit /ATM card, and transit vouchers. In addition to this method, some cities have also implemented software solutions to automate their data collection, analysis and reporting in as much as possible.... [tags: urban transit systems]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- Advantage and disadvantage of Sales Force Automation Before in the 1980s, salespersons worked in ‘local offices’ which were responsible for catering customers within a specific geographical region. The salesperson was the professional correspondent who met with key buyers within his jurisdiction and is the knowledgeable product expert who often traveled to meet with clients. However, as a salesperson is often only capable of being well versed with one product, multiple salesperson who are specialized in different products from the selling organization had to be deployed to meet various customer needs and demands which constitutes the sales force (Webster 1980, cited in Sharma 2007).... [tags: Business Marketing]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- 11 Instagram Marketing Tips From the Experts Since Facebook 's acquisition of the social media channel in 2012, one of the photo sharing app 'Instagram ' has exploded it 's growth as well as, with 300 million daily active users, over 30 billion photos shared, and an average of 70 million photos posted, like and shares per day. People are very much like to engaging with Instagram posts on levels incomparable by any other social media network. As per the research of forrester, interactions of users with brands via Instagram is 400% higher than on Twitter and Facebook, offering 56% more engagement per follower than other social media (120 times more engagement than twitter and 58 times more... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Social media]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- 3 Market Strategy (what) / Marketing Plan (how): SWOT. The writer ‘Nadine Pahl, Anne Richter’ says “SWOT analysis is beneficial tool for decision making, and understanding dependencies between companies and environment.” (Pahl and Richter, 2009) In relation to Citizen Newsagent, strengths show 500+ stores across UK shows its presence, strong relations with distributors and suppliers, good service for a good customer experience, employees have the correct and enough knowledge about different products and service, the company reaches new consumers from providing new brands and goods.... [tags: Marketing, Convenience store, Sales]
1716 words (4.9 pages)
- It’s one of the hottest buzzwords in the online marketing world: Automation. Marketing automation sounds ideal. The term itself leads you to believe that you can set up a system and then sit back and relax while leads pour onto the desks of your sales team. But what does reality look like. Could it really be that easy. If your company is considering an investment in this effective online strategy, there are a few marketing automation requirements you must know before you spend your hard earned cash.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Automation]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Marketing Departments in mid-sized businesses face lots of challenges such as how to target customers more efficiently, how to increase market share, how to compete in the market-place and be ahead of competition, and how to increase one-to-one communications with customers. The unsteady economy has pressured businesses to become as streamlined as possible, leaving marketing departments short on budget and staff. Today, our role as Marketing Consultants is to help companies not only retain current customers but also aggressively grow market-share, open new market potentials and add new customers.... [tags: essays research papers]
632 words (1.8 pages)
- Circuit City Analysis Issue At the beginning of the 2007 fiscal year, Circuit City (CC) announced that it would layoff more than 3,400 of its highest paid employees (Business Week, 2008). The goal of this reduction in personnel was to reduce internal costs by eliminating a large percentage of CC’s upper and middle management. The main issue with this reduction is CC has lost most of its skilled employees and customer satisfaction has plummeted. CC needed to make changes in order to cut costs, but it failed to integrate staffing practices with strategy (Dreher & Dougherty, 2001).... [tags: Business Management Analysis]
1188 words (3.4 pages)