Birdy Mobile was an interesting concept and you have taken a creative approach to developing an alternative mobile network offering. However, I 'm not convinced that you have identified a powerful consumer problem or market need. You needed to evidence your proposition that other telecommunications providers were not offering this service. You also needed to evidence that there were no competitors offering this service.
What went well?
You took a reasonable approach to developing your proposition and you demonstrated some logical thinking by developing an interesting concept and theme.
You have identified a potentially lucrative target consumer group who are tied into mobile contracts and are looking for a more flexible alternative. Although you needed to describe them in more detail. For example, are you targeting those consumers who already have contracts in place or are you looking to target the pay as you go consumers or a new type of consumer?
Your launch campaign was interesting with a freedom inspired theme and reasonable range of social media coverage.
What didn 't go well
There was no support for your rationale, where research evidence was needed to prove the
concept. For example, the telecommunications market is shying away from locked contracts with the core telecommunication suppliers providing other solutions to consumers and more choice and flexibility?
The pricing strategy or a starting monthly price of £14.99 could have been better supported as to the rational for this price point? The market is currently quite competitive with internet, landline and mobile contracts being offered for less than £25 per month. There are also providers of free phone calls and messaging services (such as What...
... middle of paper ...
...What is the incentive for the major telecommunications companies to cooperate with you? How would you persuade them to let you have access to their networks in this way? And so on.
• You needed to have a more planned approach to the commercial viability of building your app by considering the investment and the competitiveness you will need both in the features and benefits to survive. Global reach and borderless mobile might have been more disruptive and option to pursue?
• Also consider how you might improve your presentation. For example, by making the slides more clear and concise thinking about the strategic planning process and flow as well as the criteria you were being evaluated on would have helped to insure key elements were not overlooked. The tone was also quite aggressive and perhaps not the best way to approach a communication for potential investors.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marketing opportunities are endless with the use of mobile devices and the use of effective mobile marketing strategies. Direction communication to the target audience, anytime, anywhere is what it offers. We are in a social era, which is mostly characterized by the convenience of using the Internet and all things mobile. Essentially, mobile marketing is an absolutely must in a technological environment that is constantly changing. Consumers rely on their mobile device to swipe and search every second they get.... [tags: Marketing, Mobile phone, Internet, Advertising]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- 2.1 Handheld Mobile Devices and Mobile Applications 2.1.1 Defining Handheld Mobile Devices The medium for mobile applications is a mobile device. While the functions of mobile devices vary, the key criteria such a device must fulfil is portability. To that extent, mobile devices have been described as ‘interactive wireless media’ (Haghirian and Madlberger 2005, 2). Mobile devices offer a range of capabilities, but essentially they allow access to data and information with the opportunity of being used in a variety of environments (ISACA 2010, 2).... [tags: Technology, Mobile Applications]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- Mobile advertising and marketing is used by business to market throughout mobile tools such as mobile phone and portable media gamers. Approaches of mobile marketing that business utilize can be something easy like a visual advertisement or something a little bit a lot more complicated such as a qr code. To make a decision which mobile advertising approach is most ideal for your firm, use the following guidance. Be a leader in mobile marketing, not a fan. Mobile advertising and marketing is still the wild, untamed west when it pertains to advancement and ingenuity.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Text messaging]
709 words (2 pages)
- Sports marketing has made its way directly to the fans. In the past, only the extremely devoted fans would check on their teams online but now, the norm has changed. Now the devoted fans learn new information before anyone else, and even get rewarded for it. In the article “The Passion of the Fan”, by Stewart Feil, fans are being rewarded for posting about their favorite teams on social media. The reason this is possible is because mobile apps have greatly contributed to the way fans follow their teams.... [tags: sports marketing, fans]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- Experience The experience that each individual receives with the company should mirror the beliefs, goals and values of the company. Customer service is the most important aspect of running a successful business. Although, the customer service interaction may be altered on a social media platform, rather than face to face, means that the business will have to adjust how they respond to consumers on that platform in order for them to achieve a successful experience within the company. Brand experience is defined as “feeling, sensations, cognitions and behavioural responses evoked by brand-related stimuli that are part of brand design and identity, packaging, communications and environments”... [tags: Marketing, Business, Consumer, Mobile phone]
708 words (2 pages)
- Digital marketing is a growing field that “promotes products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media.” Examples of “advertising mediums that might be used as part of the digital marketing strategy of a business could include promotional efforts made via the Internet, social media, mobile phones and electronic billboards, as well as via digital and television and radio channels” (businessdictionary.com) This method of advertisement makes a digital marketing analyst necessary to help navigate a company through the proper marketing channels.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Marketing research]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Digital Marketing White Paper There is no denying that the world is rapidly shifting from analogue to digital. According to the Pew Research Center, 84 percent of all adults in the U.S. are now online and nearly two-thirds of the population embraces smartphone technology. As we consume more and more digital content on a daily basis — on mobile phones, tablets, and computers — companies that do not embrace the trend in their marketing strategies will be left behind. Digital marketing (DM) — any form of marketing products or services that involves electronic devices — is now essential and should be standard practice for any business that wants to get its product in front of a targeted audienc... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Internet marketing]
1916 words (5.5 pages)
- In recent years, mobile service usage increase rapidly following the emerging use of smartphone technology by the mobile users. The increase use of mobile service poses challenge for actors in mobile ecosystem to constantly meet the dynamic change of needs and requirement of mobile users. In the current competitive business scenario, the market is organic in nature and continuously evolves over a period of time. To stay in sync with the ever evolving market, companies should adopt effective and advanced marketing strategies.... [tags: Marketing, Mobile]
2193 words (6.3 pages)
- An Outlook of Mobile Commerce Driven by a widespread understanding of the Internet's capabilities, the power of electronic commerce, and advances in wireless technologies and devices, mobile commerce (m-commerce) is rapidly approaching the business forefront. Mobile commerce is defined in the academic literature in the areas of management information systems, management, finance, accounting, as well as marketing. Each area has its own distinctive point of view as to what constitutes mobile commerce.... [tags: Mobile Commerce Business]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- The Role of Situation Analysis in Marketing Plan Facing to more complex business environment, systematically marketing plans are important to organizations in terms of maintaining a high level of operating efficiency and achieving goals fully. According to Sally and John (1996:3), marketing plans are “the written document or blueprint for implementing and controlling an organization’s marketing activities related to a particular marketing strategy” (Sally, D., Lyndon S., & John, B., 1996: 3). A successful marketing plan is able to improve organizations’ profits and growth, uses in objective setting and monitors results (Subash Jain, Michael D.... [tags: Business Marketin Analysis]
1566 words (4.5 pages)