The patriots are making drawings and paintings were drawn for the Boston massacre that doesn't show accurate events or make us look bad. In document 1(The Boston Massacre (1770)) a patriots, Paul Revere made an engraving that shows that the red coats (the British army) are just firing at the patriots. In the caption it states “… help to increase the Americans’ outrage over the Boston massacre.” The engraving was made to anger the colonist because the British is just firing their guns at the patriots. The Boston massacre happened because the patriots started to throw at thing like snowballs at the red coats. In class (America the Story of Us), the video we saw it showed that the patriots threw something at the loyalist first. The gun fire wasn’t on purpose. It was a mistake and when one gun goes off all the guns goes off. The red coats didn’t want to fight. So the patriots are trying to make us look bad when the British were innocent.
The patriots are being not ready to govern themselves because of many reasons. According to document 2 (A Loyalist is Tarred and Feathered (1774)) a poor elderly man named Malcolm was violently hit by a group of people. A group of people tarred and feathered the poor old man. They dislocated his arm an...
... middle of paper ...
...the better our protection is. The king should not make colonists buy the Britain only but that one way the British makes money. The colonist might feel that the taxes are unfair but they are for good causes for the British. For example like to pay for the war the king and queen’s needs, the army for and more. So the British looks bad to the colonists for multiple reasons, but there is a positive side for us.
Great Britain and the new world should be together because we are not ready to be on our own and we need their protection. I am a loyalist because the king has grown control over us and now we owe our royalty to the king. We have fought in the French and Indian war and the British won. Now British has control over us. It is important to show the king loyalty because of the protection we are given and loyalists want to remain a part of Britain.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... First and foremost, “No Taxation without Representation” was one of the largest leading causes of the American Revolution and the colonists wanting their independence from Britian. This was based on the simple fact that they had been denied their “rights of Englishmen”, primarly the right to be taxed by their own representatives and not the British Parliament. Many colonists believed that, if they were not directly represented in the British Parliament, any laws the British passed taxing them were considered illegal and were in violation of the colonies and its’ citizens rights based on the Bill of Rights passed in 1689.... [tags: taxation, representation, boycotts]
633 words (1.8 pages)
- Carol Berkin was a talented woman; she was born in Mobile, Alabama. She earned bachelor 's certificate at Barnard College. Also, at Columbia University, she got M.A and PhD; she achieved the Bancroft Dissertation Award. She was chosen with her book: Jonathan Sewall: Odyssey of An American Loyalist by Carol Berkin (1974). Right now, Baruch College is where she becomes Presidential Professor of History; she is a member of history staff at CUNY Graduate Center. In addition, she is the writer, good editor; she has written many textbooks.... [tags: American Revolution, American Revolutionary War]
1254 words (3.6 pages)
- Revolutionary War Project Box 1: What does it mean. boycott-complete revolution-complete patriot-complete loyalist-complete massacre-complete tariff- complete taxes-complete parliament-complete Box 2: Groups/Committees During the Revolutionary War, there were many Patriot political groups, but were only a few that were truly significant and made a huge impact for the people in America. These included the Committees of Correspondence, Sons of Liberty, the Second Continental Congress, and the Continental Army.... [tags: boycot, continental army]
2324 words (6.6 pages)
- The United States is presently at war in Iraq and Afghanistan where American troops are fighting and dying. At home, cars and homes display solid yellow or red, white, and blue ribbons that call for Americans to “Support Our Troops.” It is patriotic for Americans to support their daughters and sons fighting in a war, but this patriotism does not mean that Americans must blindly support the decision to go to war. Being patriotic means that Americans must do the opposite: they must question their government.... [tags: America Iraq Afghanistan War American Patriotism]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- I will be analyzing The New England Patriots who are an elite football team in the National Football League otherwise known as the NFL. They are a top tier team and within the last 15 years have won 4 Super Bowls and 6 AFC championships. When it comes to football they are the team to beat. The most common way that the Patriots communicate with its members would be over text. When they communicate with their fans they like to use social media because it is quick and it can inform millions of people within a matter of seconds.... [tags: National Football League, American football]
1791 words (5.1 pages)
- 1. New England Patriots: 10-1 (1) The Patriots are going to be fine. Yes, they are banged up right now, and yes, they blew a two score lead in the fourth quarter on Sunday, but there isn’t a doubt in my mind come January, the Patriots will be the most dangerous team in the NFL. According to Ian Rappaport of NFL Newtork, Rob Gronkowski’s MRI shows no structural damage and just a minor knee strain. At most Gronkowski will miss two games, but more than likely will only miss next week’s game against the Eagles.... [tags: National Football League, American football]
1728 words (4.9 pages)
- In the 2015 AFC Championship Game between the New England Patriots and the Indianapolis Colts, the Patriots were accused of tampering with their footballs. They allegedly deflated the footballs to 2 PSI below the legal limit, supposedly giving them an unconstituted and illegal advantage. On May 11th, 2015, the National Football League ruled that the Patriots organization was guilty, penalizing them with a 1 million dollar fine, the loss of a first round pick in the 2016 NFL draft, and the loss of a fourth round pick in the 2017 draft.... [tags: Supreme Court of the United States, Law]
1932 words (5.5 pages)
- The Tea Party Patriots was one of the first SMOs to organize within the Tea Party movement, launching their website only weeks after the approximate beginning of the movement (Burchart 80). Due to this close timing, I will treat the causes of the Tea Party Patriots to be the same as those which galvanized the greater Tea Party movement. I will argue that grievance theory, identity theory, and resource mobilization theory best explain the origins of the collective action under the Tea Party Patriots, with the first two (which in this case are related) being the most effective.... [tags: movement, grievances]
1255 words (3.6 pages)
- The Patriots - Original Writing "It's me did you upload the disc?" "Yeah it had all their info on there. Names and where to find them." "Good, then lets go and take care of them." "Waitâ€¦we can't!" "Why?" "â€¦They're all dead" "What!. When?" "Errâ€¦ about one hundred years ago." "What theâ€¦!" Jack awoke to the sharp sounds of his alarm. The blur in his vision eventually cleared to the sight of his extremely small room that consisted of a basic desk, TV, bed and one window, which had no curtain.... [tags: Papers]
2167 words (6.2 pages)
- Pentair, Inc. Headquartered in Golden Valley, Minnesota, Pentair owns and operates fifty facilities throughout eleven different countries. Pentair’s Technical Products Group is a leader in global enclosures, thermal management products, and custom enclosures that house and protect sensitive electrical components. The Water Group manufactures innovative products used in the movement, treatment, storage and enjoyment of water. Pentair’s local ties include two manufacturing facilities. The Sheboygan operation molds plastic and extruder block water filters, while the Brookfield location manufactures custom enclosures.... [tags: Corporate Analysis Company Profile Pentair]
1976 words (5.6 pages)