Background of Peter Drucker
Peter Ferdinand Drucker is the real name for Peter Drucker and he was an Austrian-born American. He was known as a management consultant, educator and author that had contributed to the philosophy and practical foundations of the modern business organization. He was born on 19 November 1909 at Vienna, Austria. At that time, his mother was a medicine student while his father was a lawyer and high-civil servant. His mother is Caroline Bondi and his father is Adolf Drucker.
After graduates from Döbling Gymnasium, Drucker moved to Hamburg, Germany and working as an apprentice at an established cotton trading firm. That was his first working experience. Then, he moved to Frankfurt and worked as a journalist at the Daily Frankfurter General-Anzeiger. With the organization, Drucker had written for the Der Österreichische Volkswirt (The Austrian Economist). In 1931, he got a doctorate in international law and public law from the University of Frankfurt.
Two years after that, Drucker worked for an insurance company in London in 1933 before he worked as the chief economist at a private bank. Then, he got married with his wife on 1934, which is a year after that. After got married, both of them stayed at United States and Drucker was a university professor as well as a freelance writer and business consultant.
Drucker got the authority to be the citizen of United States on 1934. At that time, he was a professor of politics and philosophy at Bennington College until 1949. From 1950 until 1971, Drucker had working as the Professor of Management for twenty-two years at New York University.
Drucker was the developer of one of the country’s that offered MBA programs for working professiona...
... middle of paper ...
...d Mac 22, 2014, from http://www.druckerinstitute.com/
4. Management by Objectives. (2012). Advantages of Goals and Objectives Management. Retrived Mac 22, 2014, from http://managementbyobjectives.com/advantages-of-goals-and-objectives-management/
5. Management by Objectives. (2012). Limitations of Management by Objectives. Retrieved Mac 22, 2014, from http://managementbyobjectives.com/limitations-of-management-by-objectives/
6. Management by Objectives. (2012). How To Make Management by Objectives Effective? Retrieved Mac 22, 2014, from http://managementbyobjectives.com/how-to-make-management-by-objectives-effective/
7. Bob Krone, PhD. (2005). "Management by Objectives". A Controversial Classic. Retrieved Mac 23, 2014, from http://artwork.net/ks/asq711/quality5a.htm
8. Dale Krueger, Ph.D. Strategic management and management by objectives, 2004, pp 1-8.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I have for many years tried to figure out where do I fit. How do I know what my talent is. And for many years I was not able to get an answer to that. However about two years ago I obtained a new job, a job which allows me to work with others and it was till then that I was able to figure out what it was that I like to do, I was able to figure out what I believe I’m good at. Some of my strengths would being able to listen to people’s problems and helping them solve those problems, which are related to work.... [tags: Management, Learning, Peter Drucker, Person]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Critique on Peter Drucker's The New Realities In the past 150 years, America and the world has experienced a paradigm shift in the study of Public Administration, political realities, the government political processes, economy-ecology and the drastic transformation of our knowledge society. The New Realities book is Dr Drucker field guide to the large-scale paradoxes of our time. Dr Drucker hypothesis are a penetrating examination of the central issues, trends, and developments of the coming decades and the problems and opportunities they present to America and the world.... [tags: Peter Drucker Paradoxes Political Ideology Essays]
4697 words (13.4 pages)
- As the Historian of Phi Beta Lambda, I’ve became interested in the numerous styles of leadership. Peter Drucker said “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Upon reading the two books, The Leadership Challenge and Start With Why, I have gained insight on the leadership styles. The Leadership Challenge broke down how leaders should be and components of leadership. Start with Why explained leadership and gave me a clear understanding to the bigger picture in why things are done.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Sociology]
2689 words (7.7 pages)
- Peter F Drucker, an American author once said, ‘Knowledge has to be improved, challenged, and increased constantly, or it vanishes.’ Knowledge mainly consists of information, skills and opinions that are obtained through opportunities in life, encounters with individuals as well as education and life lessons imparted through education. In the modern world today, we pursue knowledge because it is useful for the pursuit of information. For many years, we, as human beings have strived to gain an advanced level of knowledge and information.... [tags: Scientific method, Science, Logic, Truth]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Drucker and Entrepreneurship’s Impact on Quality of Life The late Peter F. Drucker wrote extensively on management, innovation, and entrepreneurship. In his writings, Drucker credited the “discipline of innovation,” or systematic management practices, as being the engine behind entrepreneurial success (1984, 1987, 1998). Furthermore, Drucker (1998) defined innovation as “the effort to create purposeful, focused change in an enterprise’s economic or social potential.” Morris and Lewis (1991) offered a model to examine the effects of entrepreneurship on the quality of life in seven domains: economic, health, social, technological, work, institutional, and ecological.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Joseph Schumpeter]
1065 words (3 pages)
- 1a) The purpose of any organization is best described from a customer’s point of view. Without a satisfied customer base a company will not survive. The purpose of company is to provide a product or service, this product or service provides a direct benefit or capability to the customer in which you are interacting with. The purpose explains why the company is in existence, it also should explain what business or sector the company is servicing and what business or sector that the company is not involved in.... [tags: Management, Customer service, Marketing, Customer]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- After the following events, all the countries were ready for war, they expected it. Things were brewing from all 6 countries (Britain, Italy, France, Germany, Austria-Hungary and Russia). The two alliances- Triple Entente (Britain, France and Russia, formed in 1907) and the Triple Alliance (Austria-Hungary, Italy and Germany, formed in 1882)-just needed a spark to ignite the war. This spark that possibly became the most likely cause of the start of war was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne.... [tags: assassination, Archduke Franz Ferdinand, war]
705 words (2 pages)
- According to Peter Drucker "the task of the leader is to develop leaders. This is increasingly important in situations where many people know more than their chief." Many authors of books on leadership agree that one of the main functions of the leader is to foster the development of the people with whom he works. These authors among other things mention that: a) the team work is paramount in an organization; b) the leader should be a mentor; c) the leader should delegate power and authority to subordinates; d) subordinates must feel that they are masters of their own work; and, e) the organization must allocate resources for education and training.... [tags: Management, Organization, Leadership, Commander]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Ferdinand Edralin Marcos (Ferdinand Marcos) was born on 11th of September 1917 in Sarrat, Philippines and died on the 28th of September 1989 in Honolulu, Hawaii. He was a Philippine lawyer and politician, and the Philippine President from 1966 to 1986. He was known for establishing a corrupt, undemocratic authoritarian regime. Marcos went to school in Manila and attended law school at the University of the Philippines in the late 1930s. His father, Mariano Marcos, was a Filipino politician. On 20th of September 1935 Julio Nalundasan was elected against Mariano Marcos for a seat in the National Assembly for the second time.... [tags: Philippines, Ferdinand Marcos, Corazon Aquino]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Creating Other Worlds in Fly Away Peter In the novel Fly Away Peter, David Malouf explores the individual’s ability to transcend the immediate, and create ‘other worlds’ of his or her own: "Meanwhile the Mind, from pleasure less, Withdraws into happiness: ...it creates,... Far other worlds..." Malouf uses the continuity of life to highlight the importance of the individual’s mind set against the meaning of human existence. Malouf’s three main characters, Jim Saddler, Ashley Crowther and Imogen Harcourt, are used to present Malouf’s themes in a unique and sensitive manner.... [tags: Peter]
1687 words (4.8 pages)