Dr. Sushil Kumar Dubey, Principal, SPKM Mahila B. Ed. College
Jetpur Pin- 360370, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Email: Sushil.email@example.com http://www.spkmbedcollege.org,
The aim of the researcher and the paper was to study the relationship between Leadership Styles and Job-satisfaction among Teachers of Sardar Patel Kelwani Mandal Jetpur. Organizations need effective managers and employees to achieve their objectives. Leadership is defined as the ability to influence a group towards the achievement of goals. For this purpose, a total of 98 teachers of this Institute participated in this study. Data have been collected from all employees by the Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire and job satisfaction Questionnaire. Results showed that the positive correlation between overall leadership styles and job satisfaction was significant at the level of 0.05.Also, the correlations between leadership styles sub-scales such as transactional leadership, transformational leadership and Lassie-fair leadership and job satisfaction was significant at the level of 0.05. Based on these results, among determinants of job satisfaction, leadership is viewed as an important predictor and plays a central role in the leadership.
Leadership Styles, Job Satisfaction, Teacher EducationInstitution, Employees
Sardar Patel Kelwani Mandal, Jetpur, District Rajkot was established in year 2003 under the ‘societies registration act’ with area of 10.27 acres, by leading figure of Leuva Patel Samaj. Initially it consisted of Secondary and Higher...
... middle of paper ...
...eseresults the positive correlation between overall leadership styles and job satisfaction was significant at the 0.05level of significant. Furthermore, the correlation between leadership styles sub-scales such as transactional leadership, transformational leadership and laissez-fair leadership and job satisfaction was significant at the level of 0.05. Based on the results that presented (table no.2) the correlation between transactional leadership andtransformational leadership was positive and correlation between laissez-fair leadership and job satisfaction was negative.
Table 2: showing Matrix correlation between leadership
Styles and job satisfaction
Variables Job satisfaction
Overall leadership styles 0.76*
Transactional leadership 0.79
Transformational leadership 74*
Laissez-fair leadership -0.74*
* Significant at the level of 0.05.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Leadership is a broad topic that is often times obscure and puzzling to scholars and students alike. The future of leadership resides within institutions that seek to provide prospective leaders with the necessary knowledge to bring about progressive social change. Today, the problems that leaders are confronted with require the application of theoretical knowledge to real life situations. Leaders learn about themselves by seeking leadership opportunities in environments that do not give them a title, but rather the opportunity to practice their learned leadership theory among a diverse group of people in varying situations.... [tags: Leadership, Situational leadership theory, Skill]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- Introduction What does leadership mean in the context of educational leadership. Many definitions of leadership in education co-exist, attesting to the complexity and multi-faceted phenomena of the concept (Elwell & Elikofer, 2013). Leadership is one of the most observed and least understood organizational and psychological areas of study. Despite volumes of research and numerous theories, no one theory of leadership emerged as the sole predictor of the success of educational leaders. The current body of knowledge about leadership consists of narrow definitions of leader effectiveness that are disconnected from their context (Latham, 2014).... [tags: Leadership, Situational leadership theory]
1458 words (4.2 pages)
- Leadership is a capacity; which lead others for the accomplishment of common goal and regulates the system and structure in a manner that makes it more reasonable and coherent. Authentic leadership can affect the beliefs, values and behaviour of their followers. Rodd, (1998) described effective leadership is to “provide vision and communicate it; develop a team culture; set goals and objectives; monitor and communicate achievements; and facilitate and encourage the development of individuals” (cited in Thornton, Wansbrough, Clarkin-Phillips, Aitken & Tamati, 2009, p.3).In early childhood setting, leadership is in charge to ensure the advantages and prosperity of young children, their familie... [tags: Leadership, Decision making, Education]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- Education is a very important aspect in the life of a child. The level of success a student has in the classroom is greatly influenced by their teachers. Students, as well as their parents, depend on the teachers to guide them through their education. But who guides a teacher to perform successfully in the classroom. Principals and teachers play an important role in schools. A good relationship among school leaders and teachers is necessary and play an important role in making improvements in the school.... [tags: Leadership, Education, Teacher, School]
1465 words (4.2 pages)
- Leadership is not a role which should be readily appointed to someone nor can it be successfully thrust upon the shoulders of just any individual. It is a characteristic that is acquired, developed and honed through a varying multitude of life experiences and lessons learned. This includes personal and professional experiences, forethought and vision and the ability to aptly conceptualize and value the necessary ingredients of positive leadership. I have been a classroom teacher with the same school division (and its legacy divisions) for twenty two years.... [tags: leadership, educator, teaching]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Over the duration of this course, we’ve talked about leadership and what it means to be a successful, inviting leader. According to Novak, Armstrong, and Brown, in the book Leading for Educational Lives, “Leading is about communicating and orchestrating a compelling vision for developing the rich context for such lives” (Novak, Armstrong, & Brown, 2014, p. 3). Here Novak et al. talks about leadership as the whole man whereby leaders are called to lead in every facet of their lives. Leadership should not be limited to the roles played organizagtions where one receives compensation for work, but leadership should be multi-faceted.... [tags: Leadership, Kurt Lewin, Management]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- The research on Leadership is done with the concepts of Transformational Leadership and Relationship Capital to showcase the importance of a healthy relationship between the manager and his employees in an organisation. Every organisation will always set goals and targets, in order to achieve them there should be a perfect working atmosphere. There should always remain a strong bonding between the people on the higher and lower level of hierarchy. As per the research a good leader should be honest, sincere, recognise talent, appreciate good work, treat everyone equally, communicate well and ask for the team’s opinion.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Employment]
2158 words (6.2 pages)
- 2. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN INTERACTING LEADERSHIP VARIABLES IN SITUATIONAL/CONTINGENCY APPROACH. Situational Leadership Theory developed from the writings of Reddin (1967). Reddin 's 3-Dimensional Management Style Theory posits the importance of a manager 's relationship orientation and task orientation in conjunction with effectiveness. Although Reddin suggested that his framework explained effectiveness as a function of matching style to situation, his approach did not identify specific situational attributes that could be explicitly incorporated into a predictive scheme.... [tags: Leadership, Situational leadership theory]
1388 words (4 pages)
- The other day I listened to a friend of mine share experiences of her grade 5 classroom. She lamented how difficult it is to teach today, and gave examples of how much students have changed. One of her friends replied, ‘we would never have said anything like that to one of our teachers!” As I thought about it, I realized she was right; I would have never done the things that some of my students do, but then again things have changed. The education system has change and continues to change. It only makes sense that the role of the teacher needs to change as well.... [tags: Education, philosophy of education]
1933 words (5.5 pages)
- Authentic Leadership Leadership can be shown through any person in any type of situation. In a classroom discussion, on the playing field, or in public a sign of a leader is evident. A person is born a leader. Certain humans know what to do when the time calls for it. Many people in positions can be entitled a leader such as basketball players. Even a famous movie star can be given this title. These people are not true leaders. True leaders are the belaboring teachers and the intellectual speakers.... [tags: True Leaders]
618 words (1.8 pages)