Essay PreviewMore ↓
Accuracy of Data
Printed Questionnaires – Scantron –an accurate because when people fill in the bubbled area it makes it easier for the computer to read the data and the results are computer generated.
Telephone Survey – Data Entry – because when a service representative is on the phone with the customer they would need to be use the computer to enter the data. This way when each question is asked the response can be computed at the same time and be saved in a secure document.
Bank Checks – encoding and routing numbers – because each number is linked the individuals account. There shouldn’t be two identical account numbers this way any confusion.
Retail Tags – bar codes- because bar codes can identify the item, price, department, and can also be used to track inventory.
Long Documents –Scanned and Photo copied – because it would reduce typing of the same document. For example, a scanned document can be uploaded to the computer in a matter of seconds, then emailed or faxed out. Making it a recorded document same as the original.
Convenience and Quality
Hand Held Computer – such as Palm Pilot, PDA, Blackberry, I Phone, you can send and receive in a matter of minutes by using text messaging, emails, printing, pictures, video, then you can also connect them to you home or office computer and download the stored information.
Color Photograph – Several methods such as: printing and scanning, are optimal options however, for convenience and quality a program such as: Picasa is a good program to use because it allows you to store and organize all your photos, allows you to edit, allows you to email, and allows you to print from your storage device.
Resume – although printing is a convent way to always have a hard copy, the fax and email are the best and fasted way to send your resume.
How to Cite this Page
"The Importance of Accurate Data Input." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Apr 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abstract This paper provides information on data and its importance in the speed of a computer and how it is stored. This paper gives examples of the different input as well as output forms for data. This paper also details the way that data effects memory in a computer as well as the different types of memory and data storage that a computer may have. Data and its Importance in Accurate and Quick Processing Data plays an important role for computers and how well they perform. The accuracy of data entry is very important in that if bad data or too much data is stored on a computer that the processing of that data is flawed and can significantly slow the computer's processing down.... [tags: Computer Information Processing]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
The Importance Of Being Both Accurate And Precise With Your Measurements While Conducting And Experiment
- Prompt 1: A theme that I have noticed in lab that has stood out to me is the importance of being both accurate and precise with your measurements while conducting and experiment in the lab. Given the fact that I only had one chemistry course in high school, I was unsure as to what I should prepare for with a college level chemistry course as well as the lab that went along with it. The one skill that my high school chemistry teacher always scrutinized was the ability of his students to be both accurate and precise with their measurements in the lab.... [tags: Accuracy and precision, Measurement]
1465 words (4.2 pages)
- The Importance of Data Accuracy The accuracy of data input is extremely important. There are several types of data input. They all provide different aspects of data accuracy. There is Copy and paste method, Typing of data input manually, Verbal through voice recognition & Verbal to a stenographer, importing from other resources. Handwritten & Scan tron scanners, network sharing, Bar Coding, Bar Scanners, Punch out Tads such as the one used in the presidential election in Florida. I in the following Senerios the accuracy of data is described A. In the Printed Questionnaires inputting data using handwritten answers that later are put through a scan tron machine is extremely accurate.... [tags: Technology]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- The Importance Of Forecasting in Market Operations "I have seen the future and it is very much like the present, only longer." says Kehlog Albran in his book The Profit. This pseudo-philosophy is actually a concise description of forecasting, the science of predicting future events. From an operational point of view, market opportunities are the driving force behind production decisions and these opportunities are compiled in the form of demand forecasting which then provides the input for planning production: process design, capacity planning, aggregate planning, scheduling, and inventory management.... [tags: Business Future Prediction Forecast Essays Papers]
813 words (2.3 pages)
- Introduction This paper will take a closer look at data input and also data output considerations. There are many different choices when it comes to data input/output options. While it is good to have many choices, there are usually some considerations that are required to make the best possible decision. The second section of this paper will concentrate on the difference between primary and secondary storage. Lastly, the different roles of computer components and their impact on overall computer speed will be explored.... [tags: Data Technology Computer]
1807 words (5.2 pages)
- DATA INPUT METHODS: Printed questionnaires – Depending on the type of questionnaires some form of optical data reading dives would be the best method. An OMR or Optical Mark Reader can be used in conjunction with special paper called mark sense form in order to easily input data from questionnaires where people just simply mark their answer from an already defined set of answers to a question. Another type of optical data reading that can be used with questionnaires is called OCR or optical character reader.... [tags: Data]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- The accuracy of data input is important within means of a business. Printed questionnaires are great for ideas of improvement and the quality of performance received from the company. Restaurants use printed questionnaires for complaints and suggestions from the customers. This is a wonderful way of accomplishing better service and reliable customers. It is also used by sensors to determine how many people are living in your home; this in turns allows them to determine how many people live in ones city.... [tags: Data Input ]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Data Input, Output, Storage and Access Methods The purpose of this paper is to highlight some best practices for data input and output. In addition, this paper will highlight appropriate uses of various storage means. Lastly, it will address the effect certain components of a computer have on its overall speed. Accuracy of Data Input There are various methods for entering data into a computer system. Depending on the medium in which the original data is contained, and how it is to be stored and used later, there can be great differences in input methods.... [tags: data ]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Data Input Methods Optical data readers The best data input method for printed questionnaires would be Optical Data Readers. Optical Data Readers are a special type of scanning device to be used on documents. Optical Data Readers fall under two categories, optical mark recognition (OMR) and optical character recognition (OCR) (Stair, R., Reynolds, G., 2004). Printed questionnaires which, for instance, can be used for surveying groups of people regarding a particular subject can utilize OMR through the utilization of OMR paper refer to as "mark sense form".... [tags: Database Data]
1694 words (4.8 pages)
- Intro The need for accurate data is evident. Systems and procedures are needed to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information being recorded and understanding the role hardware as well as software plays is important in acquiring the correct resources for any project. Accuracy of Data Input Accuracy of data input is important. What method of data input would be best for the following situations and explain why. Printed Questionnaires. Questionnaires can be input into a computer using a keyboard and computer screen.... [tags: Data]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
Memorandum - although printing is a convent way to post necessary information, the fax and email are the best and fasted way to send the memorandum quickly and accurately.
Statistical Report – It would depend on the use of the report, for example, if it is being used for a presentation the best way would be to use a program similar to Power Point. By presenting the information in a presentation format this will allow many individuals access to the reports and will allow the presenter move forward and back quickly and conveniently without delay. Email would also be a great way to share the information with others.
Company Annual Report – Email would also be a great way to share the information with others and a printed document would work also.
Hard Disk – the optimal situation for this device is to store the operating system for your computer. This device is a non-volatile which stores the data like a filing cabinet. This also allows a computer user to store their, documents, files, pictures, and other programs.
Floppy Disk – Floppies as they were called back in the day were use to store data, 3.5 were used say with the first computers, they moved up to 1.44floppy drive. They were the primary use for storage. They were mostly used to store data or back up programs say for example check disk or startup boot disks for an operating system. The only drawback became when they couldn’t hold enough information.
Ram- with out ram a computer would not boot up, Ram is volatile which means it is short-term memory and lost when the power is shut down. The more ram you have installed on your computer the faster it allows the computer to open programs, ram works with the CPU. It is used with random data.
CD Rom – great to use when downloading a program such as an operating system, listening to music, viewing pictures and using other types of programs. This device is also used to install programs.
Tape – is similar to a floppy drive or disk drive and is used to store or back up information.
Flash/Jump Drive – these devices are convenient and compact they hold a lot more data today. Some even have their own operating system stored on them to view various programs. Great for the transfer of school work, data information, pictures, music, etc.
Roles of the Computer Components
RAM - the higher the RAM that is installed on a computer will allow the computer to run several applications at the same time. It allows you to work with several open windows and programs at the same time. The more the ram the computer has the faster the program can run with another, ram works in conjunction with the CPU (eMag 2008).
Clock Speed – is the speed of the CPU, It is measured in MHZ. A setting in which manufactures preset the computer. It is the measure of how quickly the computer completes basic operations (Media 2006).
However, some people are known to over clock the computer to get more speed out of the CPU processor.
Data on a Hard Disk –the data on the disk doesn’t matter as far as the speed. What does impact the speed should be the speed of the Hard Disk, say for example a hard disk with 7200RPM, would slower then a 10,000 RPM Hard disk.
Data on a CD Rom – data is not stored on the CD Rom; it is stored on the CD disk, which the CD Rom writes to. The speed of the CD Rom will determine how fast the data is written to the CD.
Data on a Floppy Disk – floppies have a low rotation speed so they would affect the speed of the data transfer (United 2008).
I found the subject matter interesting. While writing and looking up information I learned many new concepts related to data input and accuracy of recorded information. During exploration I learned of many different storage options available on a computer. Another important aspect this paper examined is the role of computer components. Finally, I have become more familiar with computers, and some of the terminology associated with them.
eMag Solutions LLC (2006). Retrieved August 28, 2008. from
How Stuff works(2008). How RAM Works by Jeff Tyson and Dave Coustan. Retrieved.
August 27, 2008. from. http://www.howstuffworks.com/ram.htm
United Business Media LLC (2008) Defining the Business Value of Technology, Retrieved
August 27, 2008, from