For many, homeopathy is an escape from conventional medicines. There are many different uses of alternative medicine and that can be used in a variety of situations. Some people may be skeptical of alternative medicine since they are not aware of the facts and statistics. By homeopathy becoming more popular people will not be as skeptical. “Despite the successes of many alternative therapies, the phrase "alternative medicine" has not acquired a...
... middle of paper ...
...w due to the increase in the cost of healthcare..Lastly, it lets a person be in control of their health. If a person chooses homeopathy they are able to decide when to alter or stop their treatment. “Homeopathy did not merely seek to cure a disease, but treated a disease as a sign of disorder of the whole human organism” (Shri K. R. Naraynan). Homeopathic medicine has
changed since it was first started. Samuel Hahnermann set a principle for the start of homeopathy. His research helped many other people become interested in homeopathic remedies. Today people rely on homeopathic medicine since it more efficacious than conventional medicine. Next time a person is tired of conventional medicine they should look into homeopathic remedies which can positively impact their health, but not take them at face value as not all of these remedies can be seen as cures.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Today many people in the UK and US choose to be treated by methods that are not based on Western scientific methods, i.e. the science and practice of medicine which is standard in the West. These methods are known as Alternative medicine or Complementary medicine. Alternative medicine covers numerous branches that includes homeopathy, acupuncture, osteopathy, aromatherapy, chiropractic medicine, hypnosis, meditation, tai chi, yoga, botanical and herbal supplements (DiSogra, Robert M). Similarly, Chinese medicine is also increasingly popular in many regions of the world.... [tags: Alternative medicine, Medicine, Herbalism]
1617 words (4.6 pages)
- There is no way to know how long forms of alternative medicine have been used. Mainly because of the modern treatments scientists have discovered involving medicine. Willem De Blécourt and Cornelie Usborne, authors of Medical History, state that “different times produce different historians of medicine and differing definitions of their object of research.” What we now refer to as alternative medicine was once considered the most modern form of medicine. Author, Jacqueline Langwith, refers to alternative medicine as a “wide range of healing practices that are not considered part of conventional medicine.” Langwith also mentions in her book, Alternative Medicine, that it is widely used when... [tags: Alternative medicine, Medicine, Ayurveda, Fungus]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Homeopathy I am familiar with Homeopathy because my mother is a homeopath. She has been studying and practicing homeopathy for over 20 years. I have been cured many times by homeopathic remedies prescribed by my mom. From colds to first aid homeopathy has worked for me. The sources I used in doing this report were: Encarta 98 Encyclopedia, Interview with my Mom, Conventional, Homeopathic & Alternative Treatments: Sports & Exercise Injuries by Steven Subotnick, Family Guide to Natural Medicine by Readers Digest, and Homeopathic First Aider by Barbara Reed.... [tags: Papers]
542 words (1.5 pages)
- Samuel Hahnemann, a brilliant German medical doctor and chemist, developed the science of homeopathy at the end of the 18th century. He was responding, in part, to his concern that more people were dying from medical treatments than from their diseases. Hahnemann believed that the purpose of medical therapy should be to restore health quickly, gently and permanently in the least harmful manner without toxic side-affects or the suppression of symptoms which would only return. His work and principles have been carried on and developed by many dedicated homeopaths right to the present day.... [tags: essays research papers]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Whole plant medicine consists of using whole plants in their natural form to treat living beings body, mind and spirit. Even though the past century has muted humans’ symbiotic relationship with nature, for animals that relationship remains innate and intact. Plants have always been allies with animals providing them with therapeutic medicine with little to no side effects. Plants cleanse, regulate and nourish the body through an unspoken intelligence. I know for some, especially those practicing allopathic Western medicine, it is hard to imagine that plants are intelligent beings.... [tags: Alternative medicine, Medicine, Pharmacology]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- ... However unbelievable the results of homeopathic treatments were to the physicians, they could not deny that there were indeed positive results in terms of alleviation of some disease (Whorton 64). Homeopathy is still used in modern times as a form of treatment for different conditions. Physicians explain that recovery rates are caused by the “placebo effect” and homeopathy has just showed us that the body is able to recover from illness on its own (Whorton 74). This demonstrates the power of letting nature take its natural course for remedies, weakening the argument of some physicians who believe that particular diseases can only be cured by particular medicines.... [tags: healing, natural, physicians, relationships]
2708 words (7.7 pages)
- Take A Stand: Essay What is homeopathy. If you would have asked me that question at the beginning of the semester I would have told you something like; “Homeopathy is witch doctor medicine,” “Hocus Pocus,” or “Medicine for granola crunching hippies.” However, jump ahead 30 days and whoa, not only was I completely wrong about what homeopathy is, but come to find out I’m extremely interested and intrigued by it. In only thirty short days, my entire way of thinking about homeopathy and naturopathic medicine has completely changed.... [tags: Homeopathy, Alternative medicine]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Naturopathic Medicine or commonly referred to as naturopathy, is a discrete style of primary care that combines ancient healing customs . It is channeled by a distinctive set of principles that acknowledge the body's natural healing capacity, highlight disease prevention, and inspire individual obligation to achieve optimal health . These natural methods could include clinical nutrition, herbal medicine, homeopathy, naturopathic manipulation, or ancient traditions like acupuncture for the level of health individual’s experience.... [tags: primary care, ancient healing customs]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Alternative medicine has been around for centuries, although it has just started to become very popular in countries such as The United States. Many people now are following the trend without knowing anything about alternative medicine. People should be aware of the benefits as well as the precautions involved in taking these natural remedies. The most common form of alternative medicine nowadays is herbal medicines. These natural remedies can be found in millions of American homes today. Herbal medicine is probably the most widely used of the alternative medicines.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- Holistic Medicine Holistic Medicine, commonly referred to as “Alternative Medicine”, is a vast and rapidly growing new scientific field. It is derived mainly from ancient, traditional methods of healing that have often been practiced in the East for centuries. These include a variety of techniques from herbal healing to acupuncture to homeopathy to energy channeling. Due to the large number of methods that are covered by the term, there are various definitions of Holistic Medicine. However, all literature seems to agree that Alternative Medicine, is exactly what the name suggests: an ‘alternative’ approach to healing and medicine.... [tags: Papers]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- Inclusion Education : A Part Of The Irish National Education Policy
- Salem Witch Hunts And The Partition Of India
- William Shakespeare 's The Undefinable : A Fantasia And The Return Of The Soldier
- Analysis Of The Poem ' A God Who Remembers '
- I Buy Products Whole Sale Products
- Analysis Of Harry Frankfurt 's ' Freedom Of The Will And The Concept Of `` The Person ``