I live a very busy life, I have a full time job with Wal-Mart and also full time at Sacramento State University. My days are very simple I wake up go to work or school at 7am and end my day around 5pm. Once school and work is over I either do homework or just rest for the day. I tell myself that I’m too busy to have leisure, how wrong was I about that statement. For RPTA 30 I, Austin, and Matt were paired up to do a project, each of us coming up with an event to better understand RPTA. I took them to the gun range, Austin took us fishing and with Matt we went bowling.
The gun range was the first event. Matt and Austin were a bit hesitant at first because they didn’t see how this event is relative to the class. I chose to not explain, but to trust me. We get to the range and the we find out the waiting list is about a one-hour long; my group was already off to a bad start. They were a bit nervous and I just tried to reassure them that the nerves are good. I took out my rifle out and had them go first, once Matt and Austin got their shots off it was all smiles from the...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sacramento is a big city and is the capital of California. It is the home to seven school districts as well as two universities: University of California, Davis and California State University, Sacramento. Sacramento is in the valley of California so it has many farmers with farmland and suburban areas. The reason that I have chosen Sacramento is because that is where I grew up for most of my life. It is a great city and has a lot of interesting places within. By choosing to write about Sacramento, it will give me the opportunity to learn more about where I lived, which is really important.... [tags: climate changes, sacramento, california]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- One of the most interesting sights to view on the Angelo State University campus is art. Every piece is different in its own way, yet shares similarities with others. These resemblances can be observed depending on how one views the art. They can range from a first impression based on appearance to what is gained from a deeper analysis of the art. Each way helps to establish a connection from one piece of art to another. The way to find unusual and different art projects is to change the perspective in which it is seen.... [tags: Art, Visual arts, Angelo State University]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- If I had to describe my year at State University it would be just as describing a rollercoaster ride with a good experience afterwards. At first, you are convinced with the idea that the rollercoaster is going to be all fun full with laughter. All those advertisements and pictures of people having a good time and people saying it was fun afterwards. The real thing though, happens during the rollercoaster ride when you feel like the life you are living is going to end so badly.... [tags: My First Year at State University]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- Good evening graduates, family and faculty. We made it. This moment is everyone’s and tonight I hope that all of us can feel as victorious as I do, for our success is your success too. Graduates, I want you to think back to your happiest moment in your journey at Montclair State University. Hold that thought close to your heart. For many of us, it will be successfully completing our first semester or securing that internship that you really wanted. For others like myself, my happiest moment happened even before I drove up Valley Road to MSU.... [tags: Health, Public health, Montclair State University]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- The Sacramento Bee June 7, 2010: Popular Auburn State Recreation Area could close down, because of California’s budget crisis. The preference of voting by mail or by going out to the polls. Tens of thousands of dollars are going to the Sheriffs campaigns. In the article on California’s budget crisis, they did not give much information on how they were going to try to fix the problem. It was mostly one-sided on how the state can’t do anything to fix the problem. I’m wondering if the people who contribute so much to their candidates are some of the same people who are upset about the national recreation area closing.... [tags: Newspaper Articles]
1799 words (5.1 pages)
- When Akia Williams chooses Nicholls State University as her next stepping stone for a greater life, it was because “it was the only one with a bachelor degree in culinary”. “I just love seeing the satisfied look on people face after the eat my food”, said Akia. Akia is an 18-year-old, striving culinary arts major and her personal life is what helped her on her path to be a chef and her education will help her build a life. Akia is a short 18-year-old African American female, she has short natural hair with light brown hair dye in it.... [tags: Cooking, Culinary art, Nicholls State University]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Sacramento, California is currently in the midst of a potential economic and social revolution in its downtown area. There are several, huge developmental efforts that are currently ongoing. Most of Sacramento’s development revolves around the Golden 1 Center, the new home for the Sacramento Kings. In addition to the arena, Sacramento is creating housing and retail developments in the same area, known as the Downtown Commons. The upcoming development will certainly change the city. However, Sacramento is relying heavily on the Golden 1 Center to raise economic and social environment in downtown.... [tags: Economics, Dependency theory, Economy]
704 words (2 pages)
- San Diego State University (SDSU) is located on 283-acres in beautiful California. Founded in 1897 and home to more than 28,000 students, the university is one of oldest and the largest institutions of higher learning in San Diego county. Consistently topping the list for most applied to universities in California, acceptance rates are selective for undergraduates and highly selective for transfer students. SDSU is nationally recognized for many outstanding aspects, including academics, athletics, community engagement, and student life.... [tags: University, Student, College, Higher education]
711 words (2 pages)
- The importance of a college degree and a good education remains indisputable, yet college carries a secondary purpose in providing an experience full of freedom and opportunities. The nation recognizes Penn State University for not only its academic excellence, but also for the “college experience” that accompanies the education. When older adults look back on their own college experiences, many think back on the “stupid things they did” with endearing feelings and refer to them as “good times” or “golden days”.... [tags: Penn State Essays]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- Right now, it's really hard to find jobs in certain cities in California, where the unemployment rate has surged over 10%. If you are looking for work, best you can do is to avoid coming over to these places and go to where unemployment is not, yet, worse and where employers are still hiring, even for just temporary positions. Maybe Sacramento would be the right place for you to find jobs. Why Sacramento. What's there to work in the state's capital that even has its own unemployment woes. Well, the city is far yet from following Detroit's steps, and the city being the state capital, officials will work hard to avoid the same predicament.... [tags: jobs, sacramento, unemployment, temp jobs]
516 words (1.5 pages)