Throughout history, graphic design has changed dramatically. The oldest piece of graphics can be found in a cave in Lascaux, Southern France. The Lascaux cave paintings show human evolution and mark the milestones of the origins of human communication using art and graphics. "The Blau Monument is the oldest artifact known to combine words and pictures" (Miller). Graphic design officially started in 3,600 BC with this piece and then other artists based other works on it. The next big step to graphic design was the invention of paper. Ts 'Ai Lun was reported to be the man to mark this huge step in this career and culture. This eventually led to the invention of the printing press and commercial design. Advertisement solely relies on the invention of this machine. Without it, everything would have to be done by hand. Graphic design began to b...
... middle of paper ...
... is getting better day by day and learning new things will benefit you in the long run.
With a graphic design degree, one would have access to many mass communication jobs and possibly even more. One could go into teaching the field, becoming an advertiser, and to even creating works that people want to pay money for. This job has so many personal benefits and its so relaxing. While some graphic design positions require creating similar types of designs over and over, others may offer the opportunity to work on vastly different projects from day to day. A successful graphic designer must be adaptable. He or she must be able to find satisfaction in perfecting a repetitive process as well as enjoy tackling something totally new. If the designer is working freely, the need for adaptability becomes even greater. A good designer must be able to work well with others.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The term: graphic design means "visual communications" and it is "the art and profession of selecting and arranging visual elements to convey a message." (Encyclopedia Britannica 2013, p. 1). Visual communication is virtually used everyday in today's society and is important to have in life. Graphic design is used in media, the business and advertisement industry, and in simple things in life that are not easily noticed. Graphic design influences the world of profit-making, but also has an impact on the lives of various groups of people including children, teens, and young adults.... [tags: Graphic Design]
1521 words (4.3 pages)
- Many do not consider where images they see daily come from. A person can see thousands of different designs in their daily lives; these designs vary on where they are placed. A design on a shirt, an image on a billboard, or even the cover of a magazine all share something in common with one another. These items all had once been on the computer screen or on a piece of paper, designed by an artist known as a graphic designer. Graphic design is a steadily growing occupation in this day as the media has a need for original and creative designs on things like packaging or the covers of magazines.... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Computer]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- The big bright light people see all over New York City with amazing designs in them showing magnificent colors and pattern that just leaves one to wonder how do they make these amazing works of art all around the world. The answer is graphic design, they make some of the most amazing pictures and designs you can only see once in your life. They know how to bring people in and get their attention just with colors and the way they blend into one extravagant piece of art. These pieces of brilliant art take time to make just to bring people close enough to know what it is trying to say.... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Communication design]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- The sole purpose of graphic design is the communication of a message and idea through art and graphics. Its beginnings can be traced back from the first cave paintings in Lascaux, France, to the hieroglyphs of the Egyptian culture, and eventually to the introduction of print and digital mediums. For an ancient practice that has turned into a massive industry, it is troubling to see that according to a poll question that was conducted in 2012, about 93% of graphic designers agreed to the statement that the graphic design industry is in bad shape and do not know where the discipline is headed (Tortorella).... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Typography]
2095 words (6 pages)
- Introduction Graphics are art works that emanate from visual statement, which are reproduced on surfaces either as pottery, canvas, landscape, stone, paper and computer screen. I other graphics include creations such as logos, symbols, charts, signs and drawings. Graphic design has been in existence for a long time as a professional art and has been widely used in areas such as advertisements, websites and other publications such as magazines (Clifford 13). Like other art works, graphic design has undergone numerous progress and drastic transformations, conceptually and technically.... [tags: Graphic design, Advertising, Typography, Art]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- It is common knowledge that graphic design works parallel to false advertising. Consumers are exposed to a multitude of brands every day, each with the purpose to manipulate or convince the population into buying or supporting their products (Holland 2001. 3); it this competitive field that has led to deception within the media. The term False Advertising is applied to this situation, where deceptive information can lead to consumption and beliefs that “may not occur without the influence of the ad” (Xie 2015, 281).... [tags: Graphic design, Advertising, Typography, Design]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Where is graphic design today. Since the research in the project had compared how graphic design had moved from being handcrafted artisans making early advertisements to a more technical industry in visual design . In general Graphic Design history and contemporary design is a large gray area. To understand Graphic Design is to accept that there are multiple influences that occur at the same time. In order to avoid being misdirected is to accept there are multiple influences. Graphic Design has been the center critical debate about not only what is design, but how design differs from advertising or fine art or architecture.... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Communication design]
710 words (2 pages)
- The Things About Graphic design’s Job There have so many jobs in design field, however, the most student which learning in design areas choose Graphic Design as their own career at present. Not only it has a stable income, but also it is the job with full of individual creative activity, and easy to find for designer. So it is great for the man in Art and person who have some kind sense of design. Basically, “Graphic designers create the visual presentation and design of goods, from gravestone markers to detergent boxes, from album covers to dog food cans”; (The guide of Graphic Design Career, Feb 1, 2001) As this job, the top responsibility is prepares visual presenta... [tags: Graphic design, Typography, Graphic designer]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- As a Graphic Design major I will admit that at first I did not think a drawing class was something necessary to create a successful foundation towards a design career. Now looking back I can realize just how inaccurate my thoughts were, drawing is not only valuable but also fundamental to creating a lucrative path as a graphic designer. As someone who 9 times out of 10 will stick to creating a work of art on the computer, putting pen to paper was something very new and intimidating to me. As class progressed I became more comfortable and began to develop many crucial skills that have already began to help me in my graphic design projects, such as understanding forms and space, the understan... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Drawing, Illustration]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- Sometimes we look at pieces of art and we understand it, and sometimes we don’t. There are many pieces of art that are straight forward and we understand right away. There are also pieces that require you to evaluate the reasons behind it. That is how art works. Art is the creativeness from the production of paintings, drawings, sculpturing, or the combining of images to get a point across. Graphic design is projecting ideas with visual and textual content. Other important factors include color, image, and space.... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Typography, Illustration]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- The Human Resource Management Journal Titled ' The Practice Of Discipline
- Summary Of ' Shakespeare 's ' Hamlet '
- Employment At Will Doctrine Of The State Of Georgia
- Madness By William Shakespeare 's Hamlet
- Why I Am Interested At The Cna Program At San Diego
- Key Skills Needed For An Effective Healthcare Administrator