20 years ago internet was still developing and so in 1998 the US government helped create the Los Angeles based not profit, ICANN. To put it very simply, there’s department of ICANN that 's in change of the Internet 's address book. It makes sure users get to the websites they intend to visit. Like when you type in YouTube.com, it sends you to YouTube 's website so you don’t have to type in the long string of numbers which is YouTube 's actual IP address. It 's like how you don 't bother remembering your mom 's phone number anymore because you just go to your phone 's contacts and click her name. But you can use ICANN way more than you call your mother. ICANN is like if the entire world shared contacts for Internet addresses. That 's really important because whoever controls the Internet 's address book also has the ability to censor the internet.
Let 's say ICANN removes the domain name youtube.com. YouTube in self may still exist, but would you know what numbers to type in to get there? 99.99% of people wouldn 't be able to access it. So ICANN is really important.
That is why, as the internet grew up. America decided not to hand control to the United Nations or another international body steered by governments. But for the most part, the US government has been pretty much hands off. But something changed this past Saturday, October 1, 2016. Because the US let its contract with ICANN expire. As of October 1, it...
... middle of paper ...
...hinese regime control the global Internet now? No. But they want to. And if eventually they do, they could write the rules over how you 're allowed to use the internet! So the Chinese regime has been planning this for a long time, and exerting their influence little by little, and now as the United States steps back from ICANN, the Chinese regime sees this as a perfect time to fill the void.
So what do you think is in store for the future of the Internet? No. This is just my opinion. And my future prediction is WW3 will be coming soon and this will not be the Nuclear war this time ….Guess then what next….War will be the Cyber world war may be possible after 5 years. So we need to focus on Internet security more and trained more resources as an Internet police to protect our valuable data and information and save the technology to use for good purposes not the bad.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Writing in Major Report: Education Teaching is not a career a person can choose, it is a career that a person must have a passion for. Teaching is a career that requires patience and nobility because it is a job that will require a lot of work with little recognition. I chose my major in education of social sciences because I have always been passionate about helping others. Throughout my life I have had the help of teachers and mentors and I believe I am where I am because of them. One day I want to help children so they can feel like they can do whatever they choose to with their life, whatever it is that makes them passionate.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, High school]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Teen pregnancy is a topic which is often looked down upon, as teengers are very young to have a responsiblity of a newborn.Many scholars, as well as scholars rather choose to ignore the fact that teen pregnancy is an existing problem rather than finding ways to reduce it. It is very important to understand the roots of teen pregnancy.Let’s first discuss what is teenage pregnancy?Teenage pregnancy is pregnancy experienced by females between the ages of 13-20. There is an epidemic growing where teen birth rate is becoming a common problem.We need to consider solutions to reduce the rate of teen pregnancy through better sex education;parents having sex-talk with teens and why teen pregnancy i... [tags: Adolescence, Teenage pregnancy, Birth control]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- The more social media we have, the more we think we 're connecting, yet we are really disconnecting from each other. – JR The dictionary defines social media as websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking. To society, we recognize social media as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. Social media is a global phenomenon that can be recognized all around the world by people of different ages. We have gotten to the point where individuals as young as five years old are able to recognize what social media is before they can even read.... [tags: Sociology, Facebook, Social media]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Climate change has been an extremely controversial topic in recent history and continues to create much debate today. Many questions concerning climate change’s origins and its potential affect on the globe are not fully understood and remain unanswered. What is climate change. Is climate change happening. Is it a natural cycle of the world or are there other catalysts involved such as human activity. What proof is there. What data correlations show climate change is accelerated by humans. How serious is climate change and how will it affect the future of our globe.... [tags: Global Warming Essays]
1572 words (4.5 pages)
- Up From Slavery Book Report This book was about Booker T Washington who was a slave on a plantation in Virginia until he was nine years old. His autobiography offers readers a look into his life as a young child. Simple pleasures, such as eating with a fork, sleeping in a bed, and wearing comfortable clothing, were unavailable to Washington and his family. His brief glimpses into a schoolhouse were all it took to make him long for a chance to study and learn.... [tags: Book Report Booker T. Washington Slavery]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Book Report Digory and Polly were good friends. They both lived in England for all of their lives. One day they were playing when Polly wanted to show Digory her secret place. It was up in her attic. She hid many things there. She hid fruits and snacks to eat and a lot of other stuff to. Digory noticed a door across the attic. Back then the houses were connected together and they thought that if they would cross the rafters and open the door they could sneak into a house and the next and so on.... [tags: Book Report Chronicles Narnia Essays Papers]
1735 words (5 pages)
- Book Report: Capitalism & Slavery by Eric Williams "Capitalism & Slavery," (published by The University of North Carolina Press, 1994) was written by Eric Eustace Williams and first published in 1944. Eric Williams' book, was at the time of its publication, considered years ahead of its time. It should be noted, early on within this report that, literary works on the history of the Caribbean or slavery for a matter of fact, was done by Europeans. In the preface of his book, Williams clearly asserts that his work, "is not a study of the institution of slavery but of the contribution of slavery to the development of British capitalism."1 His work takes an economic view of history, which... [tags: Book Review Report Slavery Capitalism]
1551 words (4.4 pages)
- Maya Angelou's I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Book Report Section I 1. In the text "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" a young black girl is growing up with racism surrounding her. It is very interesting how the author Maya Angelou was there and the way she described every detail with great passion. In the book Maya and Bailey move to a lot of places, which are, Stamps, Arkansas; St. Louis, Missouri; and San Francisco, California. Maya comes threw these places with many thing happening to her and people she knows.... [tags: Angelou Book Report]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- Book Report On The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom This isn't technically a book that I read when I was in the properly defined age group, but looking back at this book it is probably the book that has had the largest impact on my life, and had it been out when I was younger would have been a book that I would have read. I read this book after I had finished reading Tuesdays with Morie by the same author. Now I have read a lot of books in my life and I can't think of one that has had a more profound affect on me than The Five People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.... [tags: Albom Mitch Book Report]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Book Report on Baseball: A History of America's Game by Benjamin G. Rader In "Baseball: A History of America's Game", the Author Benjamin G. Rader discusses the history of baseball and how it developed to present day. Rader explains how baseball started as a simple game consisting of no rules besides the players using a stick to hit a ball and its constant evolution to what the game is today.... [tags: Rader Book Report Baseball]
1034 words (3 pages)