The battle between FWD and RWD last for 50 years. I’m writing this essay to prove that the RWD is the correct layout for 2WD vehicles. Customers are confused by the matter of which wheels actually drive the vehicle, and which is best for their particular needs. There are four main drive forms: front-wheel drive (FWD), rear-wheel drive (RWD), four-wheel drive (4WD) or all-wheel drive (AWD). Each has its advantages, and no single layout is best for all situations. Normally, sedan are based on the FWD and the RWD, the other two are used for SUV and trucks.
The issue of whether customers should buy FWD and RWD cars is complex and controversial. Different people hold different ideas due to their drive experience and consumers attitudes. On one hand, lots of people believe that only RWD cars represent Luxury and high-performance. On the other hand, the car made on FWD are much cheaper and popular. However, most of customers are blind and ignorant on it. Many of them don’t even know the automobile layout of their sedan after use it for decades.
From the literal meaning, with RWD, the rear wheels drive the vehicle. RWD appear with the invention of automobiles. Before 1950s the RWD are the most common way for cars, like the well-known VW Beetle and Ford Model T. Thereafter with popularizing of FWD and 4WD, the proportion of RWD vehicles decreased dramatically. Currently, only trucks, sports cars and luxury cars are still based on RWD. FWD, which means front wheels drive, are more popular now because it’s cheaper than RWD.
Although both of the ways have couple of pros and cons, I will definitely pick RWD. There is no doubt that luxury and top grade cars like Mercedes-Benzes and BMW who are experienced in automobile industry will choose R...
... middle of paper ...
...WD cars are definitely worth for 2WD sedans’ consumers. Some people may insist that the FWD cars are cheaper than RWD cars. However, as the RWD cars are cheap to repair and fun to drive, there is no doubt that they should be the first choice for both auto companies and consumers. I believe that you will feel much safer in RWD cars in the future.
Silver, S. (2010). How to Determine if Your Car Is Front or Rear Wheel Drive. Wikihow.com. Retrieved from
Brauer, K. (2009). What Wheel Drive. Edmunds inside Line. Retrieved from
Frere, P. (1992). From Slipping to Sliding. Sports Car and Competition Driving, 67
Quiroga, T. (2010). 2011 Audi RS5 vs. 2010 BMW M3, 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Comparison Tests. Car and Driver, 56-64
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There is no doubt that everyone, including myself, can improve on his or her leadership qualities. Based on the list of ten qualities, I have chosen three that I need to work on specifically to become a better leader. The three that I have chosen are honesty, the ability to delegate, and confidence. Improving on these three qualities specifically will allow me to lead others better, improve within myself, and just become a better leader overall. The first quality I would like to improve on in my leadership is honesty.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Improve, Better]
703 words (2 pages)
- TRYING TO BECOME A BETTER WRITER At the beginning of my English 111 class, I was unsure of my writing skills for college, thus English 111, which is a writing class, was intimidating to me. So having been out of school for over thirty years, my memory of my writing in high school is not so clear. Accordingly, at the beginning of the year, Dr. Kennedy asked us what we wanted to get out of our class this semester and it was not hard for me to say that I wanted to improve my writing skills.... [tags: Better, Improve, Essay, Writing]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- Is life really getting better. According to Matt Ridley we have everything to be thankful for and much to look forward in the future. From the Stone Age to just a few years ago we have come a long way in bettering our lives and those of world we live in. Food is becoming more available and efficient in the land that it uses; people are living longer and being able to use their time for luxurious activities instead of slaving away for survival of the individual. If we continue down this path than our future will be even better than what we can imagine now.... [tags: Optimism, Pessimism, Better, Time]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- I was asked by my parents, to pick the state Missouri, or the state Virginia to move to because they got a job offer to the same corporation, and was going to get paid the same amount of income roll in either state. After my research, I came up with the state that I think would fit my family and me best. If I had to choose between Missouri or Virginia, I would choose Virginia because of many reasons. Virginia has better education, jobs, and economy. Virginia also has better activities, attractions, and culture.... [tags: better education, jobs, economy]
1050 words (3 pages)
- The late 20th century has successfully witnessed the boom of sophisticated technology, which gave birth to a wide range of technological outcomes, including computer technology. Computer technology, that is a skill to manage information, communicate and a kind of entertainment media, has become an important part in modern life at work, in recreation and social networking. Whether computer technology is better or not is a complicated issue. There are different arguments that need to be examined. Most people support that computer technology is better for individual lifestyles.... [tags: Social network service, Facebook, MySpace, Better]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- In today’s competitive world, academic is very important and a good grade is most have in order to make a decent career. For the international student, this ESL class is very important. This class teaches us to adopt the writing styles used in many fields and also makes us able to communicate properly within the society. The vast diversity and increasing immigration in this country are making the society more globalized. To stand out among those crowds and make a decent career, we have to do better in learning the way the society understands and ESL class teaches us that.... [tags: Writing, Education, Better, Student]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- INTRODUCTION The enhancement of skills gives for a better understanding of what they full potential could be to better lives. (Crebert, Bates, Barry bell, Patrick, Cagnolini, 2004) a study was carried out to find out how the university study, work placement and post- graduation employment developed the students skills, the information gotten from the survey showed that 78.9% could develop there skills, 65.2% where made aware if the importance of the generic skills, 82.5% realized the opportunity they where given during work placement for skills development.... [tags: Learning, University, Future, Better]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- The question of the day is how was Barbara Bileks English composition class and how it helped me better myself as a writer. The class overall was a very informative experience and I feel as I learned a lot. Whenever the class started I considered myself a mediocre at best writer and thought that I would never improve. However, Ms. Bilek taught me to become a better writer by using many techniques that I did not know existed. In high school, we were not taught how to write academically because to them it did not matter.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Better, Writer]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- Everyone that has ever been part of a team, whether it be a sports team or a group at work, has probably had some experience working with low or poor performers. If you are a manager, you may deal with it frequently. While it can be stressful, it can also be very rewarding, especially if you are able to turn your employee around. There are many approaches one could take when trying to improve performance and some ways work better than others. We will take a look at a few scenarios and discuss which approach is probably the best.... [tags: Management, Team performance management, Better]
1254 words (3.6 pages)
- If you look around, it is very clear to see that the world is in need of a change for the better. We are the only ones that can be held accountable for the much needed change in this world. Most people are stumped when it comes to where and how to start to make these changes in the world. How do we even have power over what happens with the climate change and the nature of this planet. We are in fact the biggest challenge when it comes to fixing our planet. Often, when it comes to changing the habits we know so well, even if it is for the better we have trouble.... [tags: organic food, vitamins, minerals]
1132 words (3.2 pages)