A relationship can be successful if couples put their full effort in making the relationship work. It's a two-way street: The love you get from your partner is the love they get from you and vice versa. A relationship that works and lasts is one hard yet satisfying work but never a routine.
How you can make yours work and stand the test of time and trials? Here are five tips:
Be good at your role as a partner
Be a good boyfriend or girlfriend, husband or wife. Being a good partner is about being a good companion to the person you dearly love, a great buddy to the one who give up a few things in their life just to be with you. Be the person whom they feel comfortable sharing their problems with and releasing their emotions. Be their shoulder to lean on, their life's anchor and their source of strength. Yes, be someone to remind them that they made the right choice in choosing you.
Compatibility is not the only key factor in a successful relationship. There is respect, and it is this key factor that can help keep th...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many people may think of relationships as girlfriend and boyfriend or husband and wife but there are many more forms in our lives. People share various forms of relationships in their life with family, friends, and even relations in the business place. Most times the relations that we share are taken for granted and people do not see the value that it holds. Have you ever thought about where you may be in life if you didn’t have support and love from the ones you care about. Relationships are built on a foundation of all different kinds of love but the effort that is put in determines the bond and connection that you share with Gods’ living creations.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Friendship, Family]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- “The Five People You Meet In Heaven” written by Mitch Albom tells about a man named Eddie and his experiences in life and in heaven. During his journey in heaven he meet five people. He learns how he has impacted the five lives while on earth. Eddie finds that his life did have true meaning and purpose. Prior to meeting the five people that he meets in heaven, he feels as if his life is worthless and has no meaning. Physically he is not in good shape, “His left knee, wounded in the war, was ruined by arthritis.... [tags: The Five People You Meet In Heaven]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- In 1978, Mark Knapp presented a "staircase" model of relationship stages (cite). Knapp 's (1978) model is based on the basic principles Altman and Taylor (1973) set forth in their Social Penetration Theory. As with the Social Penetration Theory, Knapp 's staircase model incorporated the communication features of disclosure and depth. Relationships are seen as developing and advancing through increased disclosure with increased depth. Once one person shares information with another, the view of the other person in relation to oneself is advanced to a new level (cite).... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Love, Abuse, Marriage]
1525 words (4.4 pages)
- Relationships come in all types of form such as friendships, colleagues and family. I am a family oriented person who loves to build healthy relationships. My family is the family who loves to laugh, joke, correct you and most of all support you. My family means the world to me and has helped mold me in the man I am today, especially my kids, nieces and nephews. I have two sons, a daughter, five nieces and three nephews in which I played a huge role in their life. On August 5, 2015, my relationship ended with one of my nieces.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Human, Love, Thought]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- Why the Bachelor is Our Last Chance at Love One house, twenty-six swoon-worthy men, one eternal love-seeking woman, and an infinite amount of opportunity. However, we have narrowed it down to just two lucky men; palms sweating as they attend the final rose ceremony to receive their fate. Will the athletic, rugged, yet sweet Shawn receive the rose. Or will the homegrown, charming and handsome all-American Nick be the one to take a knee and sweep Kaitlyn off her feet. Forget the fact that twenty-five of thirty Bachelor couples have ended in separation; you and me both know the love here in season eleven is a life-long one; this one is real.... [tags: Love, Romance, Interpersonal relationship]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- Now and again when a couple first gets together and their eyes first meet, there’s a weakness in the knees, and the words that are usually free flowing suddenly come to a halt and all there is to do is just stare and feel as if you knew the person you’re gazing at for their entire life. The couple will laugh, they’ll hold hands, hours upon hours will be spent on the phone, text messages will be sent that documents their every reaction and feelings, and the couple will appear inseparable. They’ll be in love and everything will appear extravagant but in my experience this “puppy love” phase is a mirage that distracts the couple from the ugly truth, the truth of who they actually are inside.... [tags: Relationships]
1829 words (5.2 pages)
- Buddhism Buddhism’s view of relationships and love is very much based on the comfort and tranquility of one’s own self and the respect for others. The sacred texts of Buddhism do not directly mention a concrete view on polygamy or monogamy. Therefore, relationships are considered a personal and individual concern. However, Buddhism does offer guidance on how to live and have a successful and happy marriage. The Five Precepts of Buddhism offer a guideline and code of ethics on how to live a happily married life.... [tags: Marriage, Spouse, Husband, Wife]
1035 words (3 pages)
- People speak in many different languages. The mind may first go to languages like English, French, Italian, Spanish, etc., but there are also five other languages that most people may not think of. These languages are called the five love languages. A person needs the right kind of love. Just like being able to connect to people in different ways, a person also needs to be treated with different ways of love. This is illustrated in the feelings of children. Some children feel totally love and wanted, while others feel totally unloved and unwanted.... [tags: social issues, treatment]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Sephardim was expelled during the 15th century and Ashkenazim was developed in the 13th-16th century. The Jewish believed that they needed to create an autonomous Jewish state in Palestine, this became known as Zionism. Judaism originated in Israel, but the Jewish had to live in dispersion after the Roman Conquest. However, since the 1950s it has slowly diffused into the United States. Islam The people who practice the Islamic religion are known as Muslims. It is a universalizing religion that originated in the Middle East in countries like Iran, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia.... [tags: christianity, judaism, Islam, budhism, hinduism]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- The Significance of the Last Stand I. Fictionalizing History Relating history of past to history of present  What do historians create with the history they account. History is a story that never ends. The events of the present in essence have already happened in the past. Historians try to make sense of the present by deconstructing the past. Only through analysis of the past can one understand the present. I remember playing cowboys and Indians as a child. I would always play the part of the cowboys, and consequently the cowboys always won.... [tags: History Historical essays]
3228 words (9.2 pages)