Families are the most important aspect of life, without a family to call your own is a shame. A family gives everyone their own specific click and people who will always care about them. According to McCornack (2013) a family is define as a network of people who share their lives over long periods of time and are bound by marriage, blood, or commitment; who consider themselves as family; and who share a significant history and anticipated future of functioning in a family relationship. From this definition of family, the person that fits the build of family the most to me is a brother. I personally have a brother and it is one of the greatest blessings on Earth. So I am asking you, do you have a brother? Because if you do not have a brother, you are missing out, an older or younger brother gives you somebody to talk to when you have no one else to turn to. He also gives you someone to hangout out with and someone to fight with. He could also be that person that no matter what happens in your life you will always love and adore. Personally, I have a younger brother, but he can act like a big brother sometimes, when I need it. He is a man of few words, but does his best work when he is himself, and I would not trade him for anyone else in the world. According to Packman, Davies, Kramer (2006) who conducted a study about sibling bereavement and talked about how special a sibling’s relationship and it is due to ones connection. We have an orthodox relationship as people see we fight and argue all the time and may think it we hate each other, but in reality, it’s the way we displace affection for each other and that is the way we like it. It has also worked for the last 14 almost 15 years so why change something that is w...
... middle of paper ...
...o why they communicate the way they do. His findings confirmed, my personal relationship, that people respond to certain things depending upon how they react or what context they are, exactly like my relationship with my brother. Two of the major concepts that came out of this study were different types of siblings (gender) and different age groups differ in what they need out of a sibling relationship. Even though I only have one sibling and it is a boy, over the years my brother and me have evolved from just being there for each other physically to also being there for each other mentally and emotionally. Verbal communication is incredibly vital in making and sustaining any relationship, however, due to the familiarity and immeasurable knowledge of each other’s habits and aggravations, nonverbal communication tends to be more effective for my sibling relationship.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Families are the most important aspect of life, without a family to call your own is a shame. A family gives everyone their own specific click and people who will always care about them. According to McCornack (2013) a family is define as a network of people who share their lives over long periods of time and are bound by marriage, blood, or commitment; who consider themselves as family; and who share a significant history and anticipated future of functioning in a family relationship.... [tags: Family, Psychology, Interpersonal relationship]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- We’ve been roommates for almost an entire semester now, and we have not run into a single problem. This is probably because we’re both currently taking interpersonal communication classes, and try our best to apply the lessons to our real life relationships. Although my class uses projects to challenge our knowledge, I know your class takes tests, so I’m going to help you review in this letter. In my opinion, the most important aspect of communication is the way we manage different types of relationships.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Intimate relationship]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- What is a family. Everyone has their own definitions of what it mean to them. Family is more profound and more complex to understand and define. Something inside of us that gives a meaningful aspect to life itself. Something worth living, dying and fighting for. A great sacrifice but worthwhile to fullest extent to its meaning. Family is that is not only wanting to belong to but it is something that controls our human instincts and emotional feelings. So, family must be very important that it drives us to extreme measures.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Kinship, Husband]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- Everything that I do and plan revolves around my family they are the single most important aspect of my life. They are the ones responsible for what I am today, they taught me to believe in God, that family always comes first, education is the key to a successful life and that I should always be happy with what I have. All my beliefs and values revolves around those concepts, hopefully being part of a diverse society has made me a better person and more understanding of others. My values and beliefs come from a combination of what my parents instilled in me and what I have come to learn throughout the years.... [tags: my family is the most important thing]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- Introduction Family is defined “as any relatively stable group of people bound by ties of blood, marriage, adoption; or by any sexually expressive relationship; or who simply live together, and who are committed to and provide each other with economic and emotional support.(Schwartz, 1994) Marriage can be defined as “a union between people (whether widely or legally recognized or not) that unites partners sexually, socially, and economically; that is relatively consistent over time; and that accords each member certain agreed-upon rights.... [tags: Family, Father, Mother, Marriage]
1839 words (5.3 pages)
- Healer, Specialist, Physician, Medicine Man, Quack, across cultures there have been many names for the people we consider “qualified practitioners of medicine.” (Merriam-Webster, 2015) Throughout our worlds history we have sought out their counsel on various medical issues that may be as small as a cold to as severe as cancer. It is the zeitgeist that doctors be revered as important to a society as they hold such a large responsibility. Since venerate doctors as significant, is it not important to look at how our relationships with these individuals affect our health.... [tags: Physician, Patient, Culture]
1835 words (5.2 pages)
- Today in our society, communication changes more and more every day. Communication is what we use to get through our everyday lives and we may not even notice it. In all actuality, communication has lacked over the years because technology has expanded over the years. Technology has taken over a lot of things in everyday lives like relationships, jobs, education, shopping, banking, transportation, and food. Communication is the act or process of using words, sounds, signs, or behaviors to express or exchange information or to express your ideas, thoughts, feelings, etc.... [tags: Family, Communication, Problem solving]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Nowadays, many countries offer dance courses in the Primary school, Middle school, High school and Colleges, but still most countries do not realize the importance of dance education for children. In many countries, there are few schools, schools of art usually only two kinds of music and art offer dance classes, and dance only occasionally appear in campus activities. They ignore the benefits that dance brings to us, such as an improved the ability of cooperation, collective sense of honor, Self-confidence, Exercise perseverance, and so on.... [tags: Dance, Education, Dance therapy, High school]
1478 words (4.2 pages)
- Last year, Americans spent over $117 billion on fast food alone. Since the appearance of new restaurants and the drive-thru, it seems as though we have overlooked the benefits of home cooking. Overall, fast food absolutely cannot compete with home cooking. Home cooked meals allow for more family time, saves money, and is a lot healthier than fast food. Food is literally the most important aspect of all our gatherings. After a long day away from home, what could be better than relaxing at home with your loved ones and enjoying a nice meal together.... [tags: Food, Nutrition, Cooking, Hamburger]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- Experts have stated for years that communication is the most important aspect of any relationship or partnership. We find this to be true in a long-lasting marriage as well as any limited-liability corporation (LLC) grown between two best friends. The truth in the teacher/home/school relationship is that it comes with a totally different reality. Teachers and parents are drawn together because of the their children’s required education. The law mandates it!!. There is no past in which this relationship has been given time in which to develop and grow like a good marriage or business.... [tags: Education, High school, United Kingdom, Teacher]
1109 words (3.2 pages)