RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION PROCEDURE OF RJ CORP LTD
1934 Words8 Pages
RJ Corp. is a well-diversified Indian MNC, with business interests in soft beverages, breweries, real estate, hospitality, healthcare, education, dairy, food service and retail, with an annual turnover of over 15 billion rupees. The first signs of economic liberalization signalled the entry of Pepsi into India in 1991 and with it started the journey of partnering Pepsi in their beverages business in India. In 1993 Devyani Beverages Ltd was set up to take the Pepsi bottling operations forward. Currently there are 9 bottling plants operating across the country. The current capacity is 35 million cases per annum during the peak season. In 1995 Varun Beverages was created and Devyani Beverages was merged with it in October 2004. Devyani International Limited is the food service/retail arm of the group and is uniquely placed with a portfolio of 3 international brands in the quick service restaurant space. (Pizza Hut, Costa Coffee, KFC). Group’s foray into the healthcare business started in 2005 with a tie up with Cryobanks in the US for the storage of stem cells. The business has mushroomed and is on the verge of explosive growth. The year 1992 heralded our appearance in the ice cream industry with Gaylord. After being a key supplier to HLL in India for many years, in 2003 we launched Cream bell ice creams with Candida of France in 2003. With a manufacturing facility I Baddi to start with, they are now on threshold of starting another unit in Panda district in Goa Group has been associated with education. It strongly believes that investment in quality care and education for young minds is essential for the future growth and development of our country. The group’s foray into Secondary & pre-school education...
... middle of paper ...
...Erasmus, B. Van Wyk,M. & Schenk, H. 2000. South African human resource management. Kenwyn: Juta.
2. Decenzo, A. Robbins,S.P. 2002. Human resource management, 7th ed. New York : John Wiley & Sons.
3. Cooper, D.R. & Emory, C.W. 2001. Business research method, 4th ed. Massachusetts: Irwin.
4. Armstrong, M. 1996. A hand bookof personnel management practice, 5th ed. London: Kogan Page.
5. Andrews, Y. 1988. The personnel function. Pretoria: Educational Publishers.
6. Schultz, H.B. 2001. Recruitment and selection. In J. Nel Ed. Human resource management,5th ed. Cape Town: Oxford.
7. Arthur, D. 1998. Recruiting, interviewing, selecting & orienting new employees 3rd ed. NY: Amacom.
8. Beach, D.S. 1980. The management of people at work,5th ed. New York: Macmillan.
9. Visconti, R. 1992. Effective recruitment strategiestaking a marketing approach, Los-altos: Crisp Publications.