Next, we removed a few of the germinating spores from the petri dish and put them under a compound microscope scope. We found the spore wall and observed how the developing gametophyte had broken through the wall, as instructed by our lab manuals. One could also identify the chloroplasts with in the cell. We then put up our dishes for another week. The third week of our fern lab we identified the difference between male and female gametophyt...
I learned that he first became involved with the arboretum in autumn of 1996, when his major of environmental horticulture required him to complete ten hours of volunteer work. He put in weekly labor for two quarters, enjoyed it thoroughly, and was hired in the springtime. Chris is now a manager at Leaning Pine. He performs many tasks daily, such as tree trimming, weeding, and watering. In addition, he oversees six student workers, and meets with them once a week to plan and complete projects.
I left my experiment for a week with similar environmental conditions for both groups; I saw a similarity and a few differences after the experiment was carried out. Both groups had 21 seeds germinated out of 25. On the other hand broccoli in the experimental group was molded, while the control group did not have any signs of it being molded. I decided to measure the length of 5 stems from each group and take its average, so that the experiment would provide more accuracy. The experiment group had much longer stems for lettuce seeds.
One facing up right, another hanging upside down, and the last placed evenly on its side. Taking care of the plants, we took notes on each plant every day carefully examining each plants growth. We found that the plant on its side grew the most, followed by the plant upside down, and then the plant that was upright. The out come of the growth of the sideways plant astonished us. We all predicted...
Planning, planting and taking care of my gardens can be a full-time job, but it is a loving habit that I look forward to visiting daily. I try to plant a new perennial each season, this type of flower returns every year and it often multiplies. I usually split these plants year after year and have many varieties without having to spend a lot of money to get your gardens growing. I like to include annuals too; these do not return yearly but it adds beauty and variety to my great collection of flowers.
Water when needed, usually about once a week. In late February or March, take cuttings from this plant and root them for fresh summer growth. If you plan to save a lot of geraniums, you may prefer to let them go dormant and keep them in a cool dark location, around 45-50°. Take the entire plant from its container and gently shake off the soil. Store in a brown paper sack or hang individually from the rafters in a 45-50° room.
After one week of culture, multiple shoot buds were initiated at the axillary regions and meristematic region of node and leaf explants respectively. These multiple shoot buds with their explants were subcultured recurrently on the same concentration of fresh medium for effectual multiplication and proliferation. Among the various cytokinins analysed, MS medium supplemented with 4 and 3 mg/l BA was most effective for multiple shoot production with a mean number of 28 shoots/leaf explant and 18 shoots/nodal explants respectively after 8 weeks of culture followed by Zea at 1.5 mg/l for leaf (23 shoots/explant) a... ... middle of paper ... ...monal treatment optimised in the current experiment provided a 1.1- and 1.6-fold increment in the number of regenerated shoots from leaf and nodal explants, respectively when compared to the highest number perceived in the present experiment in treatments with cytokinin alone. Other literatures have correspondingly reported the synergistic/additive effect of auxins with cytokinins on shoot proliferation in many medicinal plants, for instance W. somnifera and Aloe arborescens (Sivanandhan et al., 2011; Amoo et al., 2012; Sivanandhan et al., 2013). 3.3.
For this lab report, I had to conduct an experiment comparing the cellular respiration rates of germinating peas and non-germinating peas. Before beginning the experiment, we had to create a thesis that would state which set of peas would have the higher respiration rate, germinated or non-germinated peas. We were expected to make a thesis based on our prior knowledge of how cellular respiration works in plants. I conducted the experiment during class two weeks before the lab report was due. The experiment consisted of placing peas in a Biochamber where the levels of carbon dioxide and oxygen would be measured every 6 seconds for 3 minutes.
After watering them, John, (My boss), would go behind me and pull flowers. Which means picking out the best plants. Then Tanya and I would pick them up and put them on a rack 5x5 and then shrink wrap them. Shrink-wrapping was mainly my job throughout the day. I would load an 8 foot tall rack then I would wrap the rack full of mums so the mums would not fall off.
For a few days we will track the progress of the plants: Inside and out. Once a couple weeks has passed. The class and me will discuss the findings and other discussions that are a result of the project. . Once children have observed that the plants grow faster in sunlight then in darkness it will open the door for questions.