Sustainable gardening is a perfect method of supplying your household with healthy, organic fruits, vegetables and eggs too! Not only is it more economical to grow these types of food, but it's simple and easy.
The following list of tips is meant to help guide you along your quest to start a sustainable garden.
Convert your yard into a sustainable garden by eliminating some of your lawn. If you decide to go this route, you will save tons of time that would have been spent on mowing and maintaining your lawn.
To do this, simply begin the process of whittling away your grass and then replace it with trees, ground cover, mulch and shrubs. Try your best to create gentle curves as you cut and remove the grass, to avoid backing up your lawn mower. As you carry out this step, you will eventually notice that your mowing time has been reduced to a fraction of what it was before.
You may want to try using a plant like fern or even hardy ground covers beneath the trees you plant. As you complete the process, the need for fertilizer will be eliminated and the remaining grass will naturally grow in the right places.
Use a container to collect rain water for use in your garden. Nothing beats natural rain water when it comes to nourishing your garden and bringing it to life.
There are several t...
... middle of paper ...
...r fruit, then park your coop in that area for a while to let the hens start clearing and fertilizing for you! After they have finished, simply move the coop to another part of your garden.
Just remember to allow them some time to roam free within the garden for at least a few hours each day as well. They are great for eating insects and seeds that grow into weeds, enhancing the health of both your garden and the chickens.
If you choose not to get chickens for your garden, then you can try this method instead: once the fall season has started, start gathering a layer of coffee grounds, newspaper, grass clippings, manure, hay, table scraps and other compostable materials. Form the layer of compost over the grass in the area you plan on planting your garden.
By doing this, you will end up with a great planting bed to start with once Spring rolls around.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Can Future Cities be Designed to be Truly Sustainable. In a world where over half of the human population calls a city their home, the need to restructure and revolutionize the way we design our urban environments has never been greater. Currently, the notion that these vast metropolises of metal, concrete, and sludge could one day be fully realized pillars of sustainability is certainly laughable. However, when these same cities are constantly growing and multiplying across the globe, all the while using a greater and greater chunk of our planet’s energy, this impossible task becomes a necessary focus.... [tags: social issues, human population]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- Eco-friendly wildlife garden is a great way to attract wildlife to your garden with various types of benefits. There are large numbers of native wildlife reserve in the gardens with an important value all over the country. The most important elements for a good and healthy wildlife garden are food, shelter and water. These are the fundamental elements required by all the living organisms to survive. Food: You can consider the habitat of some insects that feeds on nectar. Some animals that feed on worms and slugs and birds that feed on fruits and berries can be put in the gardens to increase the aesthetic look of the garden.... [tags: Gardening]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Why Choose Cozy Earth: Eco-Friendly Bedding Why should you choose Cozy Earth over other bed sets. Sure, it’s eco-friendly, but so are a lot of other bed sets, right. Well, many bedding companies aren’t as eco-friendly as they lead you to believe. As a matter of fact, the manufacturing process for most companies, traditional cotton and other bamboo companies alike, actually contribute to the pollution problem. However, Cozy Earth bamboo bedding is different. No matter what step in the manufacturing process you look at, Cozy Earth is environmentally conscious.... [tags: Environment, Environmentally friendly, Geology]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- AseptoRay is an eco-friendly business that has created a modernized product, a product that is well overdue, and should already be in full operation in the U.S. This Israeli based business understands how important it is to take care of the environment, and they have set out to play an influential role in our planet’s everlasting environmental movement. For decades, the United States of America has been involved in protecting our planet from pollution and hazardous materials. Although the involvement wasn’t always taken seriously, and was often interfered with, the urgent matter eventually began receiving the awareness it deserved (cnn.com).... [tags: Natural environment, Environmentalism]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- Small scale market gardening is the way to produce vegetables and some other crops under a design of sustainable and small garden for market value. Select your market: A successful business man has some particular characters which are very important for profit. One should be very much market oriented. The grower should take care of the likes and dislikes of the customers with all the product and selling lack. The problem of gulf is caused due to lack of planning which was a failure in horticulture and agriculture of Australia.... [tags: Gardening]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- Remediating the environment has been a struggle for our nation and our planet for quite some time. For all the effort and expense on the part of governments and citizens to improve the environment, many environmentalists still do not see much benefit, and believe that environmental problems may soon become a crisis. “Most ecologists would agree that humans are plowing through the Earth’s natural resources at an unsustainable rate — and pushing up against some worrisome thresholds in the biosphere.” (Raudsepp-Hearne) Perhaps the problem is that humanity has not figured out the correct incentives to solve our substantial ecological dilemma.... [tags: Encourage Eco-Friendly Behavior]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Herb gardening is the most interesting and curios for the kids as senses are engaged thoroughly. Gardens are great motivators with nice smell and cool feeling. However these herbs were the first cure for the early peoples as medicine and used as food preservatives and cosmetics. In winter, you can encourage your kids to cultivate herbs in a windowsill who shows garden enthusiasts. To start a herb garden all you need is a sunny place, soil containers and selected herbs. Culinary herb is the excellent selection as it is easy to grow and maintain.... [tags: Gardening ]
512 words (1.5 pages)
- Problem Statement: Are cans and dried mid-rib of a banana tree eco-friendly heat insulator. Goal The main objective of this research is to construct an eco-friendly heat insulator is to save the world by using recycled materials instead of new materials to help reduce the risk of global warming. Besides, the science team is also thinking about how to reduce the risk of temperature changes on objects inside the heat insulator. Basic Theory Plants hold no heat. The dirt does. <http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_plants_a_good_insulator#slide2> Eco-friendly products are products that do not harm the environment, whether in their production, use or disposal.... [tags: banana, materials, products, resources]
601 words (1.7 pages)
- Over the past 40 years there has been a surge of awareness, with regards to environmental issues, as more people are beginning to realize the dangers of air pollution, deforestation and the depletion of the Earth’s natural resources. This monumental shift in attitude has encouraged many individuals to lead more eco-friendly lifestyles and remain mindful of the fact that present day society has a duty to preserve the Earth’s resources for future generations. Undoubtedly, corporations and businesses are catching on to this trend, partly in an effort to comply with federal regulations, but also to fulfill their roles in the environmental movement as they realize the intangible benefits that can... [tags: Reducing Waste, Environmental Awareness]
632 words (1.8 pages)
- Herb gardening has many benefits grown in your own backyard. Herbs are really very much beneficial as first aid for your body and also for your surrounding. Gardening in your backyard is healing for the adults and kids which establish a connection with the nature. Specially, gardening with the children is more beneficial to enjoy the nature. Gardening and nature relives so much of stress. Gardening nourishes your spirit and allows connecting with your inner-self. Garden is the antidote for the noise pollution, busy schedule.... [tags: Gardening ]
513 words (1.5 pages)